Hello from a new poster:

Hi--I'm new to this board, and I'm interested in some lively discussions, as well as posting some threads of my own. My politics are what some people would call very mixed. I was a Democrat for a long time, but I recently switched to the Independent Party (or Unenrolled, as it's called in my present city of residence.)

I'm also interested in movies , particularly classic films of the 1960's, exotic birds, walking, bicycling, Martial Arts, and do metalwork. I also reside in a rather large artists' community in a blue-collar city just a little bit north of Boston.
You sound cool daddyo and it sounds like a cool place to live. I live on a lake in metro Detroit. Nice town.

What do you do for $ and how old are you? I'm 45 and in sales.
Car sales?
No I'm in manufacturing. That's all I'm saying
Manufacturing sales.....Are you ashamed?
Is it like for marital aids?

T
Hi--I'm new to this board, and I'm interested in some lively discussions, as well as posting some threads of my own. My politics are what some people would call very mixed. I was a Democrat for a long time, but I recently switched to the Independent Party (or Unenrolled, as it's called in my present city of residence.)

I'm also interested in movies , particularly classic films of the 1960's, exotic birds, walking, bicycling, Martial Arts, and do metalwork. I also reside in a rather large artists' community in a blue-collar city just a little bit north of Boston.
You sound cool daddyo and it sounds like a cool place to live. I live on a lake in metro Detroit. Nice town.

Car sales?
There are things I'd hate to do. Real estate insurance or car sales

T

Car sales?
I dislike sales period.....I prefer to do tradesmen work, I did like being an electronic idiot in industry and the military...

Car sales?
I would never want anyone to ever find out I'm sealybobo. He's an asshole

Thank you. I lived in Bedford, NH.....and worked at Hanscom AFB....the drive was brutal, especially in the winter, but that is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. Being from Texas I couldn't handle the winters...was glad to leave. Hope to see your posts in the Forum.

Hi again, Merete! You're welcome. It must've been a pretty tough commute back and forth to and from your job at Hansom AFB. I can imagine that the drive was especially brutal in the winter. The winters can be, and often enough, have been, rather hit or miss, if one gets the drift. Nobody can really predict what our New England winters will be like.

Are you happier in Texas? It sounds like it.

Yes, I'm happier in Texas. It is my home....born and raised here, can't handle harsh winters. I experienced what New Englanders call "noreaster" and it was scary driving in it. It should be getting really hot here in a couple of months......argh.....this is the time when I would like to be in New England...:)
Here in west Texas we don't worry too much about snow though driving in the spring and fall can be fun.......... :D

westtexassandstorm.jpg

If you're talking about sandstorms....I experienced those in Lancaster, California....and they're just as bad as snow storms...:)
Except that snow doesn't get in your ears, eyes and up your nose....

It does if you're caught in an avalanche! :rolleyes:

Car sales?
I would never want anyone to ever find out I'm sealybobo. He's an asshole
I have to push men at work, so they know I'm a dick.......

Hi again, Merete! You're welcome. It must've been a pretty tough commute back and forth to and from your job at Hansom AFB. I can imagine that the drive was especially brutal in the winter. The winters can be, and often enough, have been, rather hit or miss, if one gets the drift. Nobody can really predict what our New England winters will be like.

Yes, I'm happier in Texas. It is my home....born and raised here, can't handle harsh winters. I experienced what New Englanders call "noreaster" and it was scary driving in it. It should be getting really hot here in a couple of months......argh.....this is the time when I would like to be in New England...:)
Here in west Texas we don't worry too much about snow though driving in the spring and fall can be fun.......... :D

westtexassandstorm.jpg

If you're talking about sandstorms....I experienced those in Lancaster, California....and they're just as bad as snow storms...:)
Except that snow doesn't get in your ears, eyes and up your nose....

It does if you're caught in an avalanche! :rolleyes:
That don't happen much in flatland ....We only had around 6 inches of snow this winter.........

T

Car sales?
I dislike sales period.....I prefer to do tradesmen work, I did like being an electronic idiot in industry and the military...
The president of my company said "not too many people can do what you do". I have a nack for finding the decision makers and getting them to buy from me. Or finding companies that could use what we offer. It's a numbers game. Games are fun. So's commissions and bonus'. This is the best salary I've ever made. Always had high commission low salary jobs and I hate those sales jobs too. Im the only one who does what I do at my company so it's not really sales. It's shooting fish in a barrell.

Id like to be a top real estate or car salesman but you gotta start at the bottom and will probably always stress. My jobs not stressful

T

Car sales?
The president of my company said "not too many people can do what you do". I have a nack for finding the decision makers and getting them to buy from me. Or finding companies that could use what we offer. It's a numbers game. Games are fun. So's commissions and bonus'. This is the best salary I've ever made. Always had high commission low salary jobs and I hate those sales jobs too. Im the only one who does what I do at my company so it's not really sales. It's shooting fish in a barrell.

Id like to be a top real estate or car salesman but you gotta start at the bottom and will probably always stress. My jobs not stressful
My cousins started their own real estate company in Siloam Springs, Arkanass, but I have no desire..I'll just sell confederate flags and cheap knives on the side of the road when I get to old to do trade work...But I love being self employed..I hated working for corporate America, hell the Army treated me better than any fortune 500 companies I've worked for......

We only get about 2 inches every 10 years or so........:eek:
Well I bet you are wanting some..............You must live by dear old Dad, he's in Yuma...

Oh no.......I would never live in Arizona....I'm in central Texas....we don't have sand where I live, except at Home Depot.
I lived in Copperas Cove and Killeen and it twas sandy Randy., not as sandy as Columbia, South Carolina but sandy and powdered dust..I'm sorry your in Texass, so are all my ex wives.....I grew up in OKC, which meant dust storms sometimes lasting a week or more....

We only get about 2 inches every 10 years or so........:eek:
Well I bet you are wanting some..............You must live by dear old Dad, he's in Yuma...

Oh no.......I would never live in Arizona....I'm in central Texas....we don't have sand where I live, except at Home Depot.
I lived in Copperas Cove and Killeen and it twas sandy Randy., not as sandy as Columbia, South Carolina but sandy and powdered dust..I'm sorry your in Texass, so are all my ex wives.....I grew up in OKC, which meant dust storms sometimes lasting a week or more....

I didn't say there wasn't any sand in Texas......we do have a coast, you know, and many areas of Texas are quite sandy, like El Paso....but not where I live. I'm close to San Antonio in the Hill Country......and I bet your ex wives love that you're not in Texas.:rolleyes:

Hi, Meretex. Thank you for welcoming me here to the forum. I live in Somerville, MA, which is just north of Boston, and was part of Boston's Charlestown section more than 150 years ago, but seceded, and created its own city Administration.

Glad to hear that your son has been so successful as a graphic artist. New Hampshire is about an hour or so north of Massachusetts, depending on how far up in New Hampshire one drives to from here.

I've enjoyed posting here so far.

Thank you. I lived in Bedford, NH.....and worked at Hanscom AFB....the drive was brutal, especially in the winter, but that is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. Being from Texas I couldn't handle the winters...was glad to leave. Hope to see your posts in the Forum.

westtexassandstorm.jpg

Wow! I can imagine! At least snow eventually melts, without doing too much damage to the car (although snowstorms have caused a great many accidents!). Sandstorms and dust storms can be just as awful, from what I hear.

westtexassandstorm.jpg

Wow! I can imagine! At least snow eventually melts, without doing too much damage to the car (although snowstorms have caused a great many accidents!). Sandstorms and dust storms can be just as awful, from what I hear.
Out here in the high desert if the wind is under 30mph we consider it a light breeze.........

westtexassandstorm.jpg

Out here in the high desert if the wind is under 30mph we consider it a light breeze.........
How is the VD capital of the USA now days?

westtexassandstorm.jpg

Didn't know it was called that. :dunno:

With any luck by this time next month (if not sooner) we'll live in New Mexico. :thup:

westtexassandstorm.jpg

Didn't know it was called that. :dunno:

With any luck by this time next month (if not sooner) we'll live in New Mexico. :thup:
When I was stationed at Fart Hood, that is what El Paso was called..

New Topics

Forum List

Back