Helen Thomas says Zionists control U.S. foreign policy

dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
DETROIT | Helen Thomas said Thursday that she stands by her comments about Israel she made earlier this year that led to her resignation as a national columnist.

And she went further, saying that Zionists control U.S. foreign policy and other institutions. The local Jewish community condemned her remarks.

In an interview, Thomas, 90, said that criticizing Israel led to her resignation and ostracism in Washington.

“I can call a president of the United States anything in the book, but I can’t touch Israel, which has Jewish-only roads in the West Bank,” Thomas said. “No American would tolerate that — white-only roads.”

Thomas, a longtime White House correspondent who grew up in Detroit as the daughter of Lebanese immigrants, was in Dearborn for a workshop on anti-Arab bias.

In a speech inside a center in Dearborn, she talked about “the whole question of money involved in politics.”

“Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street are owned by the Zionists. No question, in my opinion,” she said. “They put their money where their mouth is. We’re being pushed into a wrong direction in every way.” :clap2:

Jewish groups have called Thomas’ earlier remarks unfair and bigoted. They slammed Thursday’s remarks as well.

Helen Thomas says Zionists control U.S. foreign policy - KansasCity.com

Who cares what she says? She's a bitter old woman who thinks Jews should return to their own countries. Fucking stupid woman.

Helen Thomas hates Jews.

Therefore Jews are the root of all evil in what passes for her mind.

Woman has serious problems and should go to nearest old age home and finish vegging.

Helen Thomas is a POS.

And, she should be known for being a POS.

It is good that POSs are recognized for being POSs....no matter how significant or insignificant.

Damn. She's only got 4 weeks to kick the bucket or I'm out 10 bucks.

I dont hate jewish people and have jewish people in my family.

I do think the country of Isreal has too much influence on our foreign policy.

I also have disagreed with the actions of the Isreali goverment at times.

If Isreal is above reproach and America isnt then you love Isreal more than America.

I love America more than any other country INCLUDING Isreal.

I would still find fault with America when it does wrong.

Why not the same level of scrutiny for Isreal?

Originally posted by Truthmatters
I do think the country of Isreal has too much influence on our foreign policy.

It is indeed, Truth, but not for long...

Jillian I k now you hate me because I dont think the country of Isreal is perfect and above reproach.

It dosent make me wrong it makes you wrong.

Why do we care what an old anti-semite has to say?

Anti-semites are a dime a dozen and are predictable.

You forgot boring.

As to the level of Jewish influence in US elections, as a demographic, they show up about 90-95% of the time. The national average is between 35 and 40. Also, as a demographic they are more likely to be out there election season cutting checks and knocking on doors.

You want influence like they got, you work like they do. Life is that simple.

Anti semites don't bother to vote much. They spend most of their time sulking at the far end of the bar, wondering why no one wants to listen to why they think Jews make their lives suck. (Such issues as laziness, alcoholism, stupidity are not relavent of course)

Nope, she hates me for not supporting Isreal over my own country.

She agrees with me (even if she wont admitt it) on the majority of issues.

She hates anyone and calls them antisemites if they dont support Isreal 100% of the time.

I only suppoort them when they deserve supporting.

I wish Isreal only good things but they dont always act in a manner that deserves support.

Jillian would be the first to agree that Israel is not perfect and is not above reproach.

Especially since the current manifestation of Likud seems to be dominated by Republican types like Netanyahu, and Likud is the current government.

Israel does its damnedest to be a moral government in a region that is a moral cesspit. They make an effort.
They are also a place of refuge for a people that is hated for no better reason than fools need a target to explain why they are unhappy.

As for me, Israel is a democracy. And a friend to the US. (Friends don't always get along, they cause each other grief from time to time, but Israel is one of the few places we can depend on to cover our six.) That makes them good people. End of story. (Ok, they go to a goofy church. By that Standard, most of America goes to a goofy church as well. One deals. This is not germany in the 1630s)

Forum List

Back