Heckuva Game, Barry!

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
11 people have been killed and 40,000 homes damaged by the floods in Louisiana.

What is our Semi-Retired President doing? Golfing on vacation.

Heckuva Game, Barry!

Not even the worst natural disaster since Superstorm Sandy could pry President Obama away from the golf course Wednesday.

With 11 people dead and 40,000 homes damaged by floods in Louisiana, Mr. Obama did speak with Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Craig Fugate Wednesday from his vacation spot in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.

The White House said Mr. Fugate “briefed the president on the resources that have been provided to support the response and recovery.” Mr. Obama directed FEMA to use “all resources available” to help in the recovery.

But there were no changes in travel plans announced for the president, who is scheduled to stay on the island until Sunday.

Instead, Mr. Obama headed out later Wednesday to play more golf, his eighth round on the links since arriving on the island on Aug. 6....

Obama gets update on deadly Louisiana floods, heads back to golf course

I've asked this three times today, at least--maybe you'll answer: What is he supposed to do other than make sure FEMA's all hands on deck? The flooding isn't even over. Doesn't seem too sensible to cancel his vacation to go back to D.C. and wring his hands. He can do that from the Vineyard.
Just one more shitty thing to say about our President.

I've asked this three times today, at least--maybe you'll answer: What is he supposed to do other than make sure FEMA's all hands on deck? The flooding isn't even over. Doesn't seem too sensible to cancel his vacation to go back to D.C. and wring his hands. He can do that from the Vineyard.

It's called leadership. Not that you or Obama understand the meaning. Real leaders don't party and golf during a big disaster which has harmed thousands of citizens. Cancelling the remainder of his vacation, and then meeting with state and local leaders would show proper concern. Instead, it's all about The Won.

Along the same vein, some prior Presidents deferred their winter vacations until after Christmas so that staff could spend the holidays with their own families. Not Obama! Nobody else's lives matter. Only Obama Lives Matter.

OP isn't one of the board's top-5 rw hacks for nothing

'Like nothing we've ever seen': Flood danger is not over in Louisiana
On Tuesday, President Obama expanded the federal disaster declaration for Louisiana to 20 parishes. More than 60,000 people across the state had already registered for federal aid.

Last edited:

It's called leadership. Not that you or Obama understand the meaning. Real leaders don't party and golf during a big disaster which has harmed thousands of citizens. Cancelling the remainder of his vacation, and then meeting with state and local leaders would show proper concern. Instead, it's all about The Won.

Along the same vein, some prior Presidents deferred their winter vacations until after Christmas so that staff could spend the holidays with their own families. Not Obama! Nobody else's lives matter. Only Obama Lives Matter.

I don't see how you can fairly criticize him for taking time off ... when there's nothing he should be doing. I'm a bit disheartened to see Putin stoking things up because he knows Obama's even tepid opposition isn't going to draw another invisible line in the sand.

And yet, the same RWnuts bitched when Obama DID visit disaster areas, such as this one:

27oklahoma_blog3-blog480.jpg

I don't see how you can fairly criticize him for taking time off ... when there's nothing he should be doing. I'm a bit disheartened to see Putin stoking things up because he knows Obama's even tepid opposition isn't going to draw another invisible line in the sand.

The same people defending Obabble are the ones who criticized Bush for Katrina.

They are being treated according to the standards they set, so tough excrement.

The same people defending Obabble are the ones who criticized Bush for Katrina.

They are being treated according to the standards they set, so tough excrement.
The initial response to Katrina, whether Bush's fault or not, deserved criticism. Thanks to those mistakes, FEMA and Obama know what to do and they do it fast. That is not an argument.

The initial response to NOLA after the Katrina was a disaster. Democrats went to jail for their epic fail...

Ray Nagin joins the Louisiana Politicians Hall of Shame

FEMA done an outstanding job in Mississippi where the actual eye of the hurricane hit. The State of Mississippi and the Federal Government and First responders from all over the surrounding states were arriving on the Gulf Coast within 12 hours after the end of the hurricane.

Where is the executives of the state of Louisiana? You know the governor? Lt. governor, what are they doing? Waiting...

When they're losing [badly] right wingers get very nasty and, like little children, very stupid in their criticisms....just like the O/Poster.

You're talking to the worst ODS'er on this board, the OP. Don't expect a sane answer.

You're talking to the worst ODS'er on this board, the OP. Don't expect a sane answer.
What's an ODS'er?

What's an ODS'er?

Someone with Obama Derangement Syndrome. Best described as attacking Obama for anything he does.

While Trump is visiting Louisiana and delivering relief supplies:

Obama is partying with his pot smoking daughter

and

hiLIARy is sleeping.

The Affirmative Action sonofabitch is not only the most incompetent, confused, hateful and dishonest President we have ever had but he is also the sorriest.

For instance, the asshole went off to La Vegas the day after Benghazi.

The only reason he is going next Tuesday is because his handlers told him to do it. She sure as hell don't give a shit.

Forum List

Back