Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
(b) REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH BENE2
FITS PLANS.—On or after the first day of Y1, a health
3 benefits plan shall not be a qualified health benefits plan
4 under this division unless the plan meets the applicable
5 requirements of the following subtitles for the type of plan
6 and plan year involved:

7 (1) Subtitle B (relating to affordable coverage).
8 (2) Subtitle C (relating to essential benefits).
9 (3) Subtitle D (relating to consumer protec10
tion).

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090714/aahca.pdf

It is my intention to comb through this entire bill and point out the holes in it. Starting with this one, qualified plans, if a plan does not meet the qualifications then you will be cancelled, so much for the *If you like your insurance you can keep it*

1 (1) IN GENERAL.—Individual health insurance
2 coverage that is not grandfathered health insurance
3 coverage under subsection (a) may only be offered
4 on or after the first day of Y1 as an Exchange-par5
ticipating health benefits plan.

In this section you see where your individual health insurance if you are happy with it will no longer be valid after Year 1 and you will be brought into the Exchange and told what insurance you will get.

‘‘SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
19 HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.
20 ‘‘(a) TAX IMPOSED.—In the case of any individual
21 who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at
22 any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed
23 a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of—

VerDate Nov 24 2008 12:51 Jul 14, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00167 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:\TEMP\AAHCA0~1.XML HOLCPC
July 14, 2009 (12:51 p.m.)
F:\P11\NHI\TRICOMM\AAHCA09_001.XML
f:\VHLC\071409\071409.140.xml (444390|2)
1 ‘‘(1) the taxpayer’s modified adjusted gross in2
come for the taxable year, over
3 ‘‘(2) the amount of gross income specified in
4 section 6012(a)(1) with respect to the taxpayer.

Okay so if you don't comply you get TAXED!!

‘‘(c) STATEMENTS TO BE FURNISHED TO INDIVID10
UALS WITH RESPECT TO WHOM INFORMATION IS RE11
QUIRED.—Every person required to make a return under
12 subsection (a) shall furnish to each primary insured whose
13 name is required to be set forth in such return a written
14 statement showing—

15 ‘‘(1) the name and address of the person re16
quired to make such return and the phone number
17 of the information contact for such person, and
18 ‘‘(2) the information required to be shown on
19 the return with respect to such individual.
20 The written statement required under the preceding sen21
tence shall be furnished on or before January 31 of the
22 year following the calendar year for which the return
23 under subsection (a) is required to be made.

I don't know how people would not find this section of the bill disturbing, as it requires you to prove each person on your return has healthcare coverage and who that is ,what it is and all the related information. So basically your right to privacy means zero. here

‘‘(4) INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN POSSESSIONS
12 OF THE UNITED STATES.—Any individual who is a
13 bona fide resident of any possession of the United
14 States (as determined under section 937(a)) for any
15 taxable year (and any qualifying child residing with
16 such individual) shall be treated for purposes of this
17 section as covered by acceptable coverage during
18 such taxable year.

In case you were wondering if Illegal Aliens were covered under this, the answer is yes.

12 OF THE UNITED STATES.—Any individual who is a
18 such taxable year.

In case you were wondering if Illegal Aliens were covered under this, the answer is yes.

Isn't it comforting to know that the 10 million or so non-Americans, who are uninsured, will have their health care coverage provided for by US tax dollars?:cuckoo:

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was ever going to notice this thread jr, as this thread from the actual bill. All the talk aside, about " you like your healthcare you can keep it" there is is in black and white for all to see. When a Govt. starts to mandate things and punish those who choose not to enroll it and clearly this bill intends to take away coverage on those people in plans it does not like. The intent is clear , and it's obvious that the sheer cost of doing this will bankrupt this nation. As for the Illegal Alein healthcare issue, what do you suppose the message will be to others wishing to enter the country illegally now?

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was ever going to notice this thread jr, as this thread from the actual bill. All the talk aside, about " you like your healthcare you can keep it" there is is in black and white for all to see. When a Govt. starts to mandate things and punish those who choose not to enroll it and clearly this bill intends to take away coverage on those people in plans it does not like. The intent is clear , and it's obvious that the sheer cost of doing this will bankrupt this nation. As for the Illegal Alein healthcare issue, what do you suppose the message will be to others wishing to enter the country illegally now?

The UHC crowd doesn't want to debate about facts. If they debate about facts they know that their utopia would be destroyed.

12 OF THE UNITED STATES
.—Any individual who is a
18 such taxable year.

what is a possession of the united states described in 937a? are you really sure this relates to illegal aliens in the continental usa?

Thanks for sharing. Our suspicions have been correct all along. I think the AARP should issue a statement to its members letting them know why they've been sold out for illegals and their bastard children,

12 OF THE UNITED STATES
.—Any individual who is a
18 such taxable year.

what is a possession of the united states described in 937a? are you really sure this relates to illegal aliens in the continental usa?

U.S. Territorial Possessions

12 OF THE UNITED STATES
Any individual who is a
13 bona fide resident
of any possession of the United
18 such taxable year.

I tend to agree with Care on this Navy, it does state bona fide resident. A bona fide resident, would lead one to believe a legal resident.
bona fide definition | Dictionary.com
bo⋅na fide
1. made, done, presented, etc., in good faith; without deception or fraud: a bona fide statement of intent to sell.

Although legal non-Americans that are currently uninsured, their health care would be covered by the US tax dollar.

Frankly I'm happy to see people taking an interest in this thread, it's pretty important, now Valerie let me address your post, while that section deals with US territories is also has zero exclusions which basically means that without exclusions any person residing there will be treated as such. Further one paragraph up from that is the illegal alien clause...

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments
6 for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are
7 not lawfully present in the United States.

‘‘(2) NONRESIDENT ALIENS.—Subsection (a)
2 shall not apply to any individual who is a non3
resident alien.

So I don't know how to make it more understandable than that. So basically if your a non-resident ALIEN the term NON RESIDENT ALIEN SHALL NOT APPLY!!! thus rendering the previous paragraph mute.

Frankly I'm happy to see people taking an interest in this thread, it's pretty important, now Valerie let me address your post, while that section deals with US territories is also has zero exclusions which basically means that without exclusions any person residing there will be treated as such. Further one paragraph up from that is the illegal alien clause...

resident alien.

So I don't know how to make it more understandable than that. So basically if your a non-resident ALIEN the term NON RESIDENT ALIEN SHALL NOT APPLY!!! thus rendering the previous paragraph mute.

I don't think so and :lol: calm down young man! :D

A nonresident alien could be those here on a visa going to school or on a temporary job here...?

Definition of Non-resident Alien

If a person does not meet either the Green Card or Substantial Presence Test, then that person is classified as a non-resident alien.

* A new arrival on a J-1 or F-1 visa is generally a non-resident alien.

Non-resident aliens are taxed only on their income from sources within the U.S. and on certain income connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the U.S.

let's save the excitement for the real problems in this bill! ;)

Care

resident alien.

A nonresident alien could be those here on a visa going to school or on a temporary job here...?

If a person does not meet either the Green Card or Substantial Presence Test, then that person is classified as a non-resident alien.

Non-resident aliens are taxed only on their income from sources within the U.S. and on certain income connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the U.S.

Care

Should US taxpayers have to provide free health care to non citizens?

resident alien.

Care

If they are here legally and are paying taxes on all that they are earning while here jr, then I do not see a problem with them being able to be a part of this program.

Care

If they are here legally and are paying taxes on all that they are earning while here jr, then I do not see a problem with them being able to be a part of this program.

So all the workers that travel over the Mexican border to work in the US shouldn't be covered under UHC, correct? Since, they don't pay US income taxes....

tsk tsk Care young lady, you did of course read the language yes? The key word is SHALL NOT APPLY and in the absence of languange in the bill containing any specific provisions barring coverage or proof reguired to attain such coverage guess what?

The Commissioner shall establish standards for the
23 coordination and subrogation of benefits and reimburse24
ment of payments in cases involving individuals and mul25
tiple plan coverage.

So it is up to the commissioner to decide...

further,

‘‘(A) NON-TRADITIONAL INDIVIDUALS.—
6 Pursuant to such memorandum the State shall
7 accept without further determination the enroll8
ment under this title of an individual deter9
mined by the Commissioner to be a non-tradi10
tional Medicaid eligible individual. The State
11 shall not do any redeterminations of eligibility
12 for such individuals unless the periodicity of
13 such redeterminations is consistent with the pe14
riodicity for redeterminations by the Commis15
sioner of eligibility for affordability credits
16 under subtitle C of title II of division A of the
17 America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of
18 2009, as specified under such memorandum.

It just so happens Care like the cap and trade scheme I actually as boring as it may seem read these bills and see what a gigantic mess it will create. The Alien issue is not the biggest issue with the bill, in fact that to me was a given that Illegal Aliens would be covered because under the "public option" there is no way for the Federal Govt. to verify status on this and at the same time shut off funding for programs that provide for such verification. What is important in this legislation though is that it's quite clear that the people who are going to pay for it is pretty much everyone that has a job or gets an income.

So all the workers that travel over the Mexican border to work in the US shouldn't be covered under UHC, correct? Since, they don't pay US income taxes....

that would be my understanding jr....

at least not in this segment of the law, i believe?

i am not ruling out they would not be covered somewhere else in this massive bill though!

Forum List

Back