Health Insurance: No longer tied to my job and a**hole boss? THANKS DEMOCRATS!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Reading up on the healthcare bill. SC Republicans are trying so hard to prevent residents from learning about this new exchange, but, they forget we have national media in SC....despite this state's government trying to keep us in the 1800's.

So....now my health insurance is no longer tied only to staying in a crappy job with an asshole, arrogant prick of a boss?

One one hand, that's good. Its not the job of a private company to pay my healthcare. That's a good thing. Target or Microsoft are not hospitals.

But, with the option to buy into the exchange, I can leave my shitty job, and STILL can afford health insurance???

So all the millions of people stuck working for rich pricks who treat them like shit because the little men know their employees are trapped because they need insurance.....now can say piss off and quit, and still get insurance?

I love it. With insurance no longer tied to a job, CEO's and bosses across the country just may have to start treating their employees with some dignity and concern, as they can all say fuck it any day and not worry about losing insurance.

No wonder the Republicans are so terrified of this. Not only will millions of people thank Democrats eventually, but the rich friends of these Republicans wont get to treat their employees like slug shit anymore.

Good job Democrats. That's how you govern......doing something to make the lives of Americans better. And to think...we even managed to avoid a couple more unnecessary military invasions while you were at it. Well done:eusa_angel:

Reading up on the healthcare bill. SC Republicans are trying so hard to prevent residents from learning about this new exchange, but, they forget we have national media in SC....despite this state's government trying to keep us in the 1800's.

So....now my health insurance is no longer tied only to staying in a crappy job with an asshole, arrogant prick of a boss?

One one hand, that's good. Its not the job of a private company to pay my healthcare. That's a good thing. Target or Microsoft are not hospitals.

But, with the option to buy into the exchange, I can leave my shitty job, and STILL can afford health insurance???

So all the millions of people stuck working for rich pricks who treat them like shit because the little men know their employees are trapped because they need insurance.....now can say piss off and quit, and still get insurance?

I love it. With insurance no longer tied to a job, CEO's and bosses across the country just may have to start treating their employees with some dignity and concern, as they can all say fuck it any day and not worry about losing insurance.

No wonder the Republicans are so terrified of this. Not only will millions of people thank Democrats eventually, but the rich friends of these Republicans wont get to treat their employees like slug shit anymore.

Good job Democrats. That's how you govern......doing something to make the lives of Americans better. And to think...we even managed to avoid a couple more unnecessary military invasions while you were at it. Well done:eusa_angel:

While I do not believe it could have been done due to Constitutional issues, I really wish they made it illegal for companies to offer health insurance. Company provided health insurance is one of the biggest contributing factors to our runaway health care spending. If everyone had to purchase their own insurance, you better believe that premiums would be much more competitive. Funny thing is most businesses would actually prefer to get out of providing health insurance to employees. It would make them more competitive globally, and they could pay employees a bit more.

Are you really this stupid?

Better yet are you stupid enough to believe that millions of 20 something Y/O workers who wouldn't care to be bothered with health insurance are now forced to buy it are going to glorify democrooks for making them do it?

As to the rest of your hate and envy, those "rich pricks" shouldn't be obligated to give you shit you're not willing to work for.

Better yet are you stupid enough to believe that millions of 20 something Y/O workers who wouldn't care to be bothered with health insurance are now forced to buy it are going to glorify democrooks for making them do it?

As to the rest of your hate and envy, those "rich pricks" shouldn't be obligated to give you shit you're not willing to work for.

They are already covered under their parent's plans until age 26, the apocalypse didn't happen, but there are many happy college kids.

MEMO

FM: Organizing For America
TO: Paid Internet Posters

Go on your boards and say how great ObamaCare is, make stuff up like "Now I can quit my job and go do things I really like, albeit part-time."

Don't forget to mention how you hate Republicans and blame them for your dead-end life

Being self-employed and getting your own Insurance is simple.

A firm that doesn't want to pay your own Health Insurance is simply paying you less.

If you can't factor in the cost of your own, personal, Individual Health Insurance plan, then something is wrong.

Simply put, you're blowing smoke.

While I do not believe it could have been done due to Constitutional issues, I really wish they made it illegal for companies to offer health insurance. Company provided health insurance is one of the biggest contributing factors to our runaway health care spending. If everyone had to purchase their own insurance, you better believe that premiums would be much more competitive. Funny thing is most businesses would actually prefer to get out of providing health insurance to employees. It would make them more competitive globally, and they could pay employees a bit more.

I've heard this argument before, but I've never understood it. On what basis would you assume that individuals purchasing health insurance would result in lower premiums than corporations and businesses purchasing health insurance? Wouldn't it make sense that the business owner would be just as interested in paying the least possible for the amount of coverage he or she has decided to provide to employees?

From what I've read folks buying their own insurance are already paying more and have been since Obamacare was approved by the Dems.

I've heard this argument before, but I've never understood it. On what basis would you assume that individuals purchasing health insurance would result in lower premiums than corporations and businesses purchasing health insurance? Wouldn't it make sense that the business owner would be just as interested in paying the least possible for the amount of coverage he or she has decided to provide to employees?

Companies look for the best plan, with the least headaches, and at the cheapest cost. Employees want the great insurance plans that offer them a low deductible and less to think about. When self-employed people purchase insurance, they look at cost first. They spend more time determining how they can save the most money while still protecting themselves for getting hammered by large medical bills. I have a high deductible plan, so most of my costs for healthcare are out of pocket. In many cases, I actually pay for certain things outside of my insurance because I can get it for less than the discounted price my insurance offers.

Here is an example; I need lab work done two to four times per year. If I go through my insurance, they send me to the local hospital. Their discounted rate is about $250 for my lab tests, which I have to pay out of pocket as part of my deductible. Instead, I order my lab tests online, prepay them and go to Labcorp. I use an intermediary company and it costs me around $150.

The point is when people are forced to pay for all of it themselves and they need to choose their own plan from many available, they actually become more knowledgeable and that helps reduce costs.

So why aren't business oriented GOP'ers celebrating this? They can run a business now without having to pay for steep insurance costs on their employees.

Sure, their employees are now not going to be stuck in that job because they have to have insurance, so you may have to pay them more or treat them better, but..........er, oh, wait. Now I see why you hate it.

You've raised an important point, one which applies as well to employers' resistance to unions.

Being forced to pay their employees an equitable wage is not the only reason employers despise unions. The power of unions defends employees against any unnecessary and oppressive nonsense from their employer. The requirements of each job is clearly laid out and as long as the employee performs in accordance with those requirements the employer has absolutely no authority beyond those specifications.

Bucs, you're stupid as brick wall, which is why you are a leftist.

First off, you suckle of the government teet. You are on the welfare plan know as "public employment." You do a "make work job" which no one gives a flying fuck about and pull down an outrageous salary which will continue after you finish 20 years of faux work.

You can't leave your "job" as no one would hire you for a real job, and chances are you are exempt from Obama's fascist care.

Most of us are getting fucked up the ass by fascist care - many who have care are having it taken from them.

{Last week, our family received notice from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Colorado that we can no longer keep the plan we like because of “changes from health care reform (also called the Affordable Care Act or ACA).” The letter informed us that “to meet the requirements of the new laws, your current plan can no longer be continued beyond your 2014 renewal date.”

In short: Obama lied. My health plan died.

Remember? Our president looked America straight in the eye and promised: “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) also lied when she pledged: “Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them.”

This isn’t just partisan business. It’s personal. Our cancellation letter states that Anthem is “not going to be selling new individual PPO plans.” When we asked whether we could keep our children’s doctors, an agent for Anthem told my husband and me that she didn’t know. The insurer has no details available yet on what exactly they’ll be offering. We either will be herded into the Obamacare federal health-insurance-exchange regime (launching October 1), a severely limited HMO plan, or we’ll be presented with costlier alternatives from another insurer. If they even exist.}

Obama Lied, My Health Plan Died | National Review Online

Bucs is a government leech. He doesn't work, and certainly not for "rich pricks," (unless you count Obama, Reid, and Pelosi.)

First off, you suckle of the government teet. You are on the welfare plan know as "public employment." You do a "make work job" which no one gives a flying fuck about and pull down an outrageous salary which will continue after you finish 20 years of faux work.

You can't leave your "job" as no one would hire you for a real job, and chances are you are exempt from Obama's fascist care.

Most of us are getting fucked up the ass by fascist care - many who have care are having it taken from them.

{Last week, our family received notice from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Colorado that we can no longer keep the plan we like because of “changes from health care reform (also called the Affordable Care Act or ACA).” The letter informed us that “to meet the requirements of the new laws, your current plan can no longer be continued beyond your 2014 renewal date.”

Remember? Our president looked America straight in the eye and promised: “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) also lied when she pledged: “Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them.”

This isn’t just partisan business. It’s personal. Our cancellation letter states that Anthem is “not going to be selling new individual PPO plans.” When we asked whether we could keep our children’s doctors, an agent for Anthem told my husband and me that she didn’t know. The insurer has no details available yet on what exactly they’ll be offering. We either will be herded into the Obamacare federal health-insurance-exchange regime (launching October 1), a severely limited HMO plan, or we’ll be presented with costlier alternatives from another insurer. If they even exist.}

Government is a jobs program for otherwise unemployable individuals.

From what I've read folks buying their own insurance are already paying more and have been since Obamacare was approved by the Dems.

"Folks buying their own insurance" have actually been paying more each year since before 1980. Rising health care costs is hardly an Obama phenomenon.

Umm..........I'm a manager at a commercial gym chain:eusa_eh:

Try again.

Government is a jobs program for otherwise unemployable individuals.

You mean individuals like your military folks and our police officers?

Please elaborate. Oh, that word means explain your point further.

Umm..........I'm a manager at a commercial gym chain:eusa_eh:

Try again.

Bucs;

When I first came here, you pretended to be a conservative. When you went all commie on us, you stated that the reason is because Republicans were cracking down on government unions and that it hurt you personally.

So which story am I supposed to believe?

Forum List

Back