Health Care Reform: Republicans Start Lying Early!!!

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
I guess Republicans & cons just can't help themselves from lying their asses off about everything the do. Why is that? They always get caught up in their lies, so why do they do it? Makes no good sense.

WASHINGTON — Despite what Republicans say, the health-care law isn't necessarily a job killer, experts say.

Republicans have titled their effort to overturn the law the "Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act," and that's their favorite talking point against it. The House will start debate on repeal Tuesday and probably vote Wednesday.

Saying the law is a job killer doesn't necessarily make it one, however, and independent experts say such a conclusion is at least premature, if not unfounded.

"The claim has no justification," said Micah Weinberg, a senior research fellow at the centrist New America Foundation's Health Policy Program.

Because the law contains dual mandates that most individuals must obtain health insurance and most employers must offer it by 2014, "the effect on employment is probably zero or close to it," said Amitabh Chandra, a professor of public policy at Harvard University.

Health | Health law: Experts cast doubt on 'job-killing' label | Seattle Times Newspaper

Last edited:
So because some random person says they are lying, you believe them?

I have some beautiful land in the everglades for sale. Interested? I promise it's legit.

I guess Republicans & cons just can't help themselves from lying their asses off about everything the do. Why is that? They always get caught up in their lies, so why do they do it? Makes no good sense.

WASHINGTON — Despite what Republicans say, the health-care law isn't necessarily a job killer, experts say.

Republicans have titled their effort to overturn the law the "Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act," and that's their favorite talking point against it. The House will start debate on repeal Tuesday and probably vote Wednesday.

Saying the law is a job killer doesn't necessarily make it one, however, and independent experts say such a conclusion is at least premature, if not unfounded.

"The claim has no justification," said Micah Weinberg, a senior research fellow at the centrist New America Foundation's Health Policy Program.

Because the law contains dual mandates that most individuals must obtain health insurance and most employers must offer it by 2014, "the effect on employment is probably zero or close to it," said Amitabh Chandra, a professor of public policy at Harvard University.

Health | Health law: Experts cast doubt on 'job-killing' label | Seattle Times Newspaper

Wow, I'm impressed with these emphatic statements.

"...the health-care law isn't necessarily a job killer, experts say." Sounds like they're really sure of what they're saying.

Then there's "'the effect on employment is probably zero or close to it,' said Amitabh Chandra, a professor of public policy at Harvard University." Another emphatic denial.

I don't know about the rest of you, but with statements like "isn't necessarily" and "probably zero or close to it" I'm convinced.

Rick

I have some beautiful land in the everglades for sale. Interested? I promise it's legit.
Not just some random person...A leftist newspaper reporting what a "centrist" (read: leftist) think tank says.

Nonetheless, never mind all the bald-faced lies it took to get that perversion passed in the first place.

Not just some random person...A leftist newspaper reporting what a "centrist" (read: leftist) think tank says.

Nonetheless, never mind all the bald-faced lies it took to get that perversion passed in the first place.

Then add in all the exemptions since it passed....

The idea that it's a centrist organization is ridiculous. 5 mins looking on their website should tell you that.

The CBO says it will save money.

I have yet to see ANY study that prooves its a "job killer"

BTW most Americans want to keep it and many want it strengthened

The CBO says it will save money.

I have yet to see ANY study that prooves its a "job killer"

BTW most Americans want to keep it and many want it strengthened

Basic Lesson in economics:

When you artificially increase the prices for health care insurance, they are able to sell less of it. When companies sell less of a product they cant afford employees.

and if by most, you mean less than 1/4 then you're correct.

Forgive me for not understanding, but I am hearing that Reid won't let the debate or vote come to the floor. So are there going to be debates and a vote or not?

Yes, how many times have we heard that bullshit line, and you end up always being wrong. Have you no conscious? Are you really that desperate for a save? LOL!!!

Hmm, baldfaced lies huh? Well prove it OB!!!!:eusa_angel:

Hmm, baldfaced lies huh? Well prove it OB!!!!:eusa_angel:

Voters already proved it last November.

Yes, how many times have we heard that bullshit line, and you end up always being wrong. Have you no conscious? Are you really that desperate for a save? LOL!!!

Desperate for a save? There is nothing to be saved from.

And yes. I have a conscience. That's why Im not a leftist.

Well the plain fact is that cutting spending and balancing the budget is a job killer.
A fine mess we have gotten ourselves into here.

LOL, there is NOTHING about healthcare reform that is "job killing". It's more scare tactics that have no actual merit.

When you give insurance companies millions of new customers, that's not killing any jobs.

Well the plain fact is that cutting spending and balancing the budget is a job killer.
A fine mess we have gotten ourselves into here.

I disagree. There may be an initial spike in job loss. But in the long run a strong effort to eliminate the Federal debt and cut spending would show the private sector there is a will in Washington to actually eliminate corruption, not to mention open money up to private sector investment. This would spur economic growth by private sector and you would see unemployment drop to incredibly low levels. Assuming the government ceased creating more bueaucratic red tape.

Forum List

Back