Health-Care Law Rearing its Ugly Head

you have yet make a vaild argument against my "common sense." common sense says that in the law requires HC companies to cover children with pre-existing conditions (this includes diabetes and asthma) common sense say that you can not be dropped from your insurance carrier for making a minor mistake on an application, or be dropped for becoming what the company believes is to expense to pay for. common sense says that access to high quality affordable health care is a right, not a privilege deserved only by the wealthy. common sense says allowing children to stay on their parents insurance policies until age 26 (esp when it takes 5-7 years to received the average undergrad degree) benefits all. common sense says that mandating that HC providers use 80% of all premium dollars to go towards patient care (as opposed to administrative costs) will lead to better quality care for all. common sense says that by putting all medical records into a database, they are more easily accessed and can provide better over all patient care.

all everyone ever talks about is the mandate that you will have to purchase coverage. well arent you already purchasing coverage for you and your family? why would you not want to be covered, that is unless you cant afford it, which is the only valid argument which no one makes on here.

everyone blames the new health care law for this years increase in premiums. but if you do a little research you will see that costs have steadily been increasing since 1997, and there is not reason to believe that they would not have increased had nothing been done as well. the growth in HC spending is running at 16% annually, and unless these costs are addressed, most of the country will be unable to afford insurance within 20 years.

enough common sense for you?

Common sense say you can achieve what needs to be done without a takeover from our government. You think that government is the only answer....that is not common sense. You think that our heakthcare won't change....that's not common sense. Obamacare has just laid the foundation for the complete overhaul....that IS common sense that you lack.
Common sense would dictate that costs are going to continue to rise even with obamacare. Remember obamacare was to drive prices down.....it isn't and won't. get over it.....

still not hearing anything valid, simply all opinion and speculation based on nothing. most of the bill hasnt even gone into effect, yet you already discount any of the provision. so do you have any real suggestions on how to drive down costs, or do you just like to bitch about everything?

i have an idea, why not make HC providers either non-profits or not-for-profits, thus making them reinvest all their current profits into patient care and premium reduction. wow, this could actually drive down costs yet no one has mentioned it. why...... because republicans would have a shitfit about taking away from a companies profits. but as you probably have never even though about. health care companies profit from not providing services. that mean when you pay your premium, but dont use their services they are profiting from you. they also profit by denying coverage when needed, because you are determined as too expensive to insure. wheres the common sense in that?

Like I said, ya goofball. I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. Can't deal with that, go fuck yourself. I don't want the government in my business.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
What Health Care Costs : HEALTH REFORM WATCH

health care costs have been rising steadily since 1997. im curious to know how much everyone thinks costs would have gone up had no reform been passed? its extremely simple to blame the new law for the current bump in premiums. but in the past several years, costs have increased at 16% annually. (2003 - 2007) not my numbers, but see the link for proof. AARP says that they will increase between 8% and 13%. is that actually a reduction in the current trend? we cant expect actual costs to decrease for several years as most of the health care reform wont actually take affect until then. but as i said, its extremely easy to blame the new law instead of looking at health care companies trying to increase profits.

(i hope this argument stays civil and intelligent)

Insurance companies are going to get millions of new customers, and the wingnuts think that will be bad for business :cuckoo:

In wingnut world, the most successful companies are those with the least customers

Common sense say you can achieve what needs to be done without a takeover from our government. You think that government is the only answer....that is not common sense. You think that our heakthcare won't change....that's not common sense. Obamacare has just laid the foundation for the complete overhaul....that IS common sense that you lack.
Common sense would dictate that costs are going to continue to rise even with obamacare. Remember obamacare was to drive prices down.....it isn't and won't. get over it.....

still not hearing anything valid, simply all opinion and speculation based on nothing. most of the bill hasnt even gone into effect, yet you already discount any of the provision. so do you have any real suggestions on how to drive down costs, or do you just like to bitch about everything?

i have an idea, why not make HC providers either non-profits or not-for-profits, thus making them reinvest all their current profits into patient care and premium reduction. wow, this could actually drive down costs yet no one has mentioned it. why...... because republicans would have a shitfit about taking away from a companies profits. but as you probably have never even though about. health care companies profit from not providing services. that mean when you pay your premium, but dont use their services they are profiting from you. they also profit by denying coverage when needed, because you are determined as too expensive to insure. wheres the common sense in that?

Like I said, ya goofball. I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. Can't deal with that go fuck yourself. I don't want the government in my business.

idiot, an argument is necessarily an angry one, hence lawyers make arguments all the time. and your opinion is rooted in fear and ignorance for several reasons. if you dont want the government in your business you live in the wrong country. the government regulates everything you do. from the traffic laws for the roads you drive, to the energy you use, to the banks that keep your money, to your taxes, to the food you buy, to the rules that businesses must abide by in order to operate. so as you put it, they are all up in your business, your probably just too stupid to realize it. or maybe you should try to drive on the sidewalk and see what happens, or maybe not pay your taxes and see what happens. then they will be all up in your business.

and thats the solution, get angry at me. that'll solve all our problems.

you have yet make a vaild argument against my "common sense." common sense says that in the law requires HC companies to cover children with pre-existing conditions (this includes diabetes and asthma) common sense say that you can not be dropped from your insurance carrier for making a minor mistake on an application, or be dropped for becoming what the company believes is to expense to pay for. common sense says that access to high quality affordable health care is a right, not a privilege deserved only by the wealthy. common sense says allowing children to stay on their parents insurance policies until age 26 (esp when it takes 5-7 years to received the average undergrad degree) benefits all. common sense says that mandating that HC providers use 80% of all premium dollars to go towards patient care (as opposed to administrative costs) will lead to better quality care for all. common sense says that by putting all medical records into a database, they are more easily accessed and can provide better over all patient care.

all everyone ever talks about is the mandate that you will have to purchase coverage. well arent you already purchasing coverage for you and your family? why would you not want to be covered, that is unless you cant afford it, which is the only valid argument which no one makes on here.

everyone blames the new health care law for this years increase in premiums. but if you do a little research you will see that costs have steadily been increasing since 1997, and there is not reason to believe that they would not have increased had nothing been done as well. the growth in HC spending is running at 16% annually, and unless these costs are addressed, most of the country will be unable to afford insurance within 20 years.

enough common sense for you?

Common sense say you can achieve what needs to be done without a takeover from our government. You think that government is the only answer....that is not common sense. You think that our heathcare won't change....that's not common sense. Obamacare has just laid the foundation for the complete overhaul....that IS common sense that you lack.

In wingnut world, it's OK when bush* takes over the TSA because it's not a "takeover". Wingnut Common Sense tells them when insurance companies remain private, it's a takeover, but when the govt socializes an entire industry, like airport security, it's not a takeover:lol:

Like I said, ya goofball. I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. Can't deal with that, go fuck yourself. I don't want the government in my business.

Another wingnut who can't back up what he says. Even wingnuts won't stand up and defend their own wacky remarks

Like I said, ya goofball. I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. Can't deal with that go fuck yourself. I don't want the government in my business.

idiot, an argument is necessarily an angry one, hence lawyers make arguments all the time. and your opinion is rooted in fear and ignorance for several reasons. if you dont want the government in your business you live in the wrong country. the government regulates everything you do. from the traffic laws for the roads you drive, to the energy you use, to the banks that keep your money, to your taxes, to the food you buy, to the rules that businesses must abide by in order to operate. so as you put it, they are all up in your business, your probably just too stupid to realize it. or maybe you should try to drive on the sidewalk and see what happens, or maybe not pay your taxes and see what happens. then they will be all up in your business.

and thats the solution, get angry at me. that'll solve all our problems.

He's not angry with you. He's angry with himself for hiding behind "it's my opinion" and not having the balls to defend himself

Sounds like you two need to get a room.
My opinion is every bit a valid as yours. That's the part that you don't get....because both of you lack common sense.

you have to support your opinion with facts, not more of its my opinion otherwise you just look stupid. you can make all the claims you want, but without proof they have no meaning.

(if sangha is a female 5'7 blonde hair blue eyed 120 lbs and smoking hot! id def get a room, but im assuming he/she is not, but i like the support!)

Last edited:
My opinion is every bit a valid as yours. That's the part that you don't get....because both of you lack common sense.

Unfortunately, your opinion is not as true as the facts, which contradict your opinion

That's why you are too scared to defend your opinion.

you have to support your opinion with facts, not more of its my opinion otherwise you just look stupid. you can make all the claims you want, but without proof they have no meaning.

(if sangha is a female 5'7 blonde hair blue eyed 120 lbs and smoking hot! id def get a room, but im assuming he/she is not, but i like the support!)

I need facts to support my opinion????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I want government out of MY business and I have to have facts to support it?????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You two are blooming buffoons. :lol:

I need facts to support my opinion????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I want government out of MY business and I have to have facts to support it?????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:cuckoo:

exactly what business are you referring to? i think this is the 4th time ive asked this same question. what "exactly" are they doing that you dont agree with? how is this supposedly going to affect you? yes you need to have a foundation for your opinion. you are making wild accusations without any foundation or support. hence you exude stupidity and ignorance.

Wingnut whines "I WANT MY PONY!!!"

This wingnut thinks his opinions are completely unrelated to facts.

He seems to have proven this. :lol:

Forum List

Back