Health-Care Law Rearing its Ugly Head

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by chanel, Nov 8, 2010.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
  2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,985
  3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Which is kind what most of us on the right have been saying.... Few businesses are gonna take people on in this uncertainty. Hence, no recovery.

4. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    The guy with 5 employees looking to go to 10, or 15, or 20? The one who doesn't have to offer coverage to his employees--ever--but will get 35% of his health care costs paid by for by the government if he chooses to?

Use your heads, people. If a SHOP exchange is built on defined employer contributions, there is no uncertainty for small businesses.

5. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Today, AARP raises healthcare premiums for its' employees.
    Obamacare to blame.

6. Common Sense

Common Sense BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    What Health Care Costs : HEALTH REFORM WATCH

health care costs have been rising steadily since 1997. im curious to know how much everyone thinks costs would have gone up had no reform been passed? its extremely simple to blame the new law for the current bump in premiums. but in the past several years, costs have increased at 16% annually. (2003 - 2007) not my numbers, but see the link for proof. AARP says that they will increase between 8% and 13%. is that actually a reduction in the current trend? we cant expect actual costs to decrease for several years as most of the health care reform wont actually take affect until then. but as i said, its extremely easy to blame the new law instead of looking at health care companies trying to increase profits.

(i hope this argument stays civil and intelligent)

7. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Even the lobbying groups who carried water for it, AARP to wit, are turning on it. What's in it for them to do that?

You need to come up to speed with the lie...the costs will NEVER decrease.

8. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Uncertainty is not knowing what the other 65% of your health care costs will be.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,722
    Only way to cover up a lie is to tell another lie. I think we're close to the end of the lying cycle and the truth is coming home to roost. ObamaCare is going to rot on the vine.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Common Sense

Common Sense BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    its not a lie, its a speculation based on current trends vs how i believe the new law will affect the current environment. i think making it mandatory that 80% of all premium dollars go towards patient care and patient expenses (as opposed to solely administrative expenses) will help drive down costs. i also believe that by putting patient data into a computer database will help cut major costs of not only paperwork, but time spent filling out that paper work as well as storage costs. the current pace is unsustainable for everyone. i would have liked to see them go as far as to mandate that health care providers be required to be designated non-profits or not-for-profits thus requiring them to pump all current profit dollars back into the system. i think that this would have significantly lowered premiums and out of pocket expenses for everyone. (but i am a realist and know that this will never happen) on a different note, i dont believe that health care providers should be able to be publicly traded companies. this again goes back to generating profits. the more ways we can find to pump existing monies back into the system, the more we can drive down costs.