Health-Care Law Rearing its Ugly Head

Which is kind what most of us on the right have been saying.... Few businesses are gonna take people on in this uncertainty. Hence, no recovery.

The guy with 5 employees looking to go to 10, or 15, or 20? The one who doesn't have to offer coverage to his employees--ever--but will get 35% of his health care costs paid by for by the government if he chooses to?

Use your heads, people. If a SHOP exchange is built on defined employer contributions, there is no uncertainty for small businesses.

What Health Care Costs : HEALTH REFORM WATCH

health care costs have been rising steadily since 1997. im curious to know how much everyone thinks costs would have gone up had no reform been passed? its extremely simple to blame the new law for the current bump in premiums. but in the past several years, costs have increased at 16% annually. (2003 - 2007) not my numbers, but see the link for proof. AARP says that they will increase between 8% and 13%. is that actually a reduction in the current trend? we cant expect actual costs to decrease for several years as most of the health care reform wont actually take affect until then. but as i said, its extremely easy to blame the new law instead of looking at health care companies trying to increase profits.

(i hope this argument stays civil and intelligent)

health care costs have been rising steadily since 1997. im curious to know how much everyone thinks costs would have gone up had no reform been passed? its extremely simple to blame the new law for the current bump in premiums. but in the past several years, costs have increased at 16% annually. (2003 - 2007) not my numbers, but see the link for proof. AARP says that they will increase between 8% and 13%. is that actually a reduction in the current trend? we cant expect actual costs to decrease for several years as most of the health care reform wont actually take affect until then. but as i said, its extremely easy to blame the new law instead of looking at health care companies trying to increase profits.

Even the lobbying groups who carried water for it, AARP to wit, are turning on it. What's in it for them to do that?

You need to come up to speed with the lie...the costs will NEVER decrease.

The guy with 5 employees looking to go to 10, or 15, or 20? The one who doesn't have to offer coverage to his employees--ever--but will get 35% of his health care costs paid by for by the government if he chooses to?

Use your heads, people. If a SHOP exchange is built on defined employer contributions, there is no uncertainty for small businesses.

Uncertainty is not knowing what the other 65% of your health care costs will be.

Only way to cover up a lie is to tell another lie. I think we're close to the end of the lying cycle and the truth is coming home to roost. ObamaCare is going to rot on the vine.

Even the lobbying groups who carried water for it, AARP to wit, are turning on it. What's in it for them to do that?

its not a lie, its a speculation based on current trends vs how i believe the new law will affect the current environment. i think making it mandatory that 80% of all premium dollars go towards patient care and patient expenses (as opposed to solely administrative expenses) will help drive down costs. i also believe that by putting patient data into a computer database will help cut major costs of not only paperwork, but time spent filling out that paper work as well as storage costs. the current pace is unsustainable for everyone. i would have liked to see them go as far as to mandate that health care providers be required to be designated non-profits or not-for-profits thus requiring them to pump all current profit dollars back into the system. i think that this would have significantly lowered premiums and out of pocket expenses for everyone. (but i am a realist and know that this will never happen) on a different note, i dont believe that health care providers should be able to be publicly traded companies. this again goes back to generating profits. the more ways we can find to pump existing monies back into the system, the more we can drive down costs.

its not a lie, its a speculation based on current trends vs how i believe the new law will affect the current environment. i think making it mandatory that 80% of all premium dollars go towards patient care and patient expenses (as opposed to solely administrative expenses) will help drive down costs. i also believe that by putting patient data into a computer database will help cut major costs of not only paperwork, but time spent filling out that paper work as well as storage costs. the current pace is unsustainable for everyone. i would have liked to see them go as far as to mandate that health care providers be required to be designated non-profits or not-for-profits thus requiring them to pump all current profit dollars back into the system. i think that this would have significantly lowered premiums and out of pocket expenses for everyone. (but i am a realist and know that this will never happen) on a different note, i dont believe that health care providers should be able to be publicly traded companies. this again goes back to generating profits. the more ways we can find to pump existing monies back into the system, the more we can drive down costs.

It's completely out of the realm of reality with every single other government entitlement.

It's completely out of the realm of reality with every single other government entitlement.

in what way? give me some examples?

Last edited:

I for one, would pay to keep the damn government out of my business.....any day of the week.:eusa_whistle:

I for one, would pay to keep the damn government out of my business.....any day of the week.:eusa_whistle:

what business? they arent telling you what doctor to go to, what plan to choose, or what state to live in?

what business? they arent telling you what doctor to go to, what plan to choose, or what state to live in?

What business??????? How about my healthcare....that's my business! You think that everything is going to remain in healthcare as it is now???? Sheesh....common sense, huh? Oh brother......

What business??????? How about my healthcare....that's my business! You think that everything is going to remain in healthcare as it is now???? Sheesh....common sense, huh? Oh brother......

like is said what business? you aren't making a good argument against changing the system. now if they told you what doctor to go see, or what treatment to have, that would be getting in your business. and you want everything about the system to stay the same? thats the worst thing that could happen. rising costs and lack of affordable access put healthcare out of reach for many americans. i fail to see where youre argument is.

(everyone things HC companies are on their side, they are actually on the side of profit. they only profit when you pay for your insurance, but never actually receive any services)

like is said what business? you aren't making a good argument against changing the system. now if they told you what doctor to go see, or what treatment to have, that would be getting in your business. and you want everything about the system to stay the same? thats the worst thing that could happen. rising costs and lack of affordable access put healthcare out of reach for many americans. i fail to see where youre argument is.

(everyone things HC companies are on their side, they are actually on the side of profit. they only profit when you pay for your insurance, but never actually receive any services)

I don't think I'm trying to make an arguement. I'm stating my opinion and exposing your lack of common sense. Good day

you have yet make a vaild argument against my "common sense." common sense says that in the law requires HC companies to cover children with pre-existing conditions (this includes diabetes and asthma) common sense say that you can not be dropped from your insurance carrier for making a minor mistake on an application, or be dropped for becoming what the company believes is to expense to pay for. common sense says that access to high quality affordable health care is a right, not a privilege deserved only by the wealthy. common sense says allowing children to stay on their parents insurance policies until age 26 (esp when it takes 5-7 years to received the average undergrad degree) benefits all. common sense says that mandating that HC providers use 80% of all premium dollars to go towards patient care (as opposed to administrative costs) will lead to better quality care for all. common sense says that by putting all medical records into a database, they are more easily accessed and can provide better over all patient care.

all everyone ever talks about is the mandate that you will have to purchase coverage. well arent you already purchasing coverage for you and your family? why would you not want to be covered, that is unless you cant afford it, which is the only valid argument which no one makes on here.

everyone blames the new health care law for this years increase in premiums. but if you do a little research you will see that costs have steadily been increasing since 1997, and there is not reason to believe that they would not have increased had nothing been done as well. the growth in HC spending is running at 16% annually, and unless these costs are addressed, most of the country will be unable to afford insurance within 20 years.

enough common sense for you?

you have yet make a vaild argument against my "common sense." common sense says that in the law requires HC companies to cover children with pre-existing conditions (this includes diabetes and asthma) common sense say that you can not be dropped from your insurance carrier for making a minor mistake on an application, or be dropped for becoming what the company believes is to expense to pay for. common sense says that access to high quality affordable health care is a right, not a privilege deserved only by the wealthy. common sense says allowing children to stay on their parents insurance policies until age 26 (esp when it takes 5-7 years to received the average undergrad degree) benefits all. common sense says that mandating that HC providers use 80% of all premium dollars to go towards patient care (as opposed to administrative costs) will lead to better quality care for all. common sense says that by putting all medical records into a database, they are more easily accessed and can provide better over all patient care.

all everyone ever talks about is the mandate that you will have to purchase coverage. well arent you already purchasing coverage for you and your family? why would you not want to be covered, that is unless you cant afford it, which is the only valid argument which no one makes on here.

everyone blames the new health care law for this years increase in premiums. but if you do a little research you will see that costs have steadily been increasing since 1997, and there is not reason to believe that they would not have increased had nothing been done as well. the growth in HC spending is running at 16% annually, and unless these costs are addressed, most of the country will be unable to afford insurance within 20 years.

Common sense say you can achieve what needs to be done without a takeover from our government. You think that government is the only answer....that is not common sense. You think that our heathcare won't change....that's not common sense. Obamacare has just laid the foundation for the complete overhaul....that IS common sense that you lack.
Common sense would dictate that costs are going to continue to rise even with obamacare. Remember obamacare was to drive prices down.....it isn't and won't. get over it.....

Common sense say you can achieve what needs to be done without a takeover from our government. You think that government is the only answer....that is not common sense. You think that our heakthcare won't change....that's not common sense. Obamacare has just laid the foundation for the complete overhaul....that IS common sense that you lack.
Common sense would dictate that costs are going to continue to rise even with obamacare. Remember obamacare was to drive prices down.....it isn't and won't. get over it.....

still not hearing anything valid, simply all opinion and speculation based on nothing. most of the bill hasnt even gone into effect, yet you already discount any of the provision. so do you have any real suggestions on how to drive down costs, or do you just like to bitch about everything?

i have an idea, why not make HC providers either non-profits or not-for-profits, thus making them reinvest all their current profits into patient care and premium reduction. wow, this could actually drive down costs yet no one has mentioned it. why...... because republicans would have a shitfit about taking away from a companies profits. but as you probably have never even though about. health care companies profit from not providing services. that mean when you pay your premium, but dont use their services they are profiting from you. they also profit by denying coverage when needed, because you are determined as too expensive to insure. wheres the common sense in that?

Forum List

Back