Headline: Officiant fires gun to welcome bride, shoots grandson — and wedding goes on

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Gotta love gun nuts. I like guns, but I am not a lover of them -- not a gun nut. People like this guy make a case for those who are anti-guns.

Michael Gardner wanted to start his nephew’s wedding with a bang.

His plan involved shooting a blank from a revolver into the air to signal to the roughly 200 people gathered on Saturday that the outdoor ceremony, which he was officiating, was about to begin. But when Gardner cocked back the hammer of the gun, it slipped, and the homemade blank that he had used, which was closed off with glue, fired from the Pietta 1860 snub-nose revolver that he had borrowed, he said

Goo gawd!

In an interview with The Washington Post on Wednesday, Gardner said he regretted using a homemade blank; it was the first time he had done so. He acknowledged that the gun did not belong to him and that he had not used the firearm before it was accidentally discharged.

-- OP link

Where do they find this stuff? A (legal) black powder revolver takes a percussion cap that in turn ignites black powder that propels the round. In this case it seems that the powder charge didn't have a round and what came out was unburned powder. Of course the anti-gun people who don't know the difference between a black powder replica and a Glock 9mm would pick up the story and spin it in their usual anti Constitutional diatribe.

Where do they find this stuff? A (legal) black powder revolver takes a percussion cap that in turn ignites black powder that propels the round. In this case it seems that the powder charge didn't have a round and what came out was unburned powder. Of course the anti-gun people who don't know the difference between a black powder replica and a Glock 9mm would pick up the story and spin it in their usual anti Constitutional diatribe.

Stop projecting out your hateful fantasies about life.

Try and read the article. Then maybe you could make a contribution with something resembling an informative comment.

Gotta love gun nuts. I like guns, but I am not a lover of them -- not a gun nut. People like this guy make a case for those who are anti-guns.

His plan involved shooting a blank from a revolver into the air to signal to the roughly 200 people gathered on Saturday that the outdoor ceremony, which he was officiating, was about to begin. But when Gardner cocked back the hammer of the gun, it slipped, and the homemade blank that he had used, which was closed off with glue, fired from the Pietta 1860 snub-nose revolver that he had borrowed, he said

You left the best part out...

Gardner has been charged with felony child abuse committed negligently and resulting in serious bodily injury. Gardner — an elected Republican official who has served as a commissioner in Ector County, Tex., since 2021 —

I am a gun guy. What he was trying to do could be done safely. Being that he had a Pieta I assume there may be a western theme going on. So maybe this is a hillbilly/redneck/cowboy wedding. There is a paywall on the link so I did not read a story.

This is one of those unnecessary accidents. It did not need to happen. But if you are going to do this, then please be safe and do it right. This jack-off was most likely drunk.

Stop projecting out your hateful fantasies about life.

Try and read the article. Then maybe you could make a contribution with something resembling an informative comment.
The article that the post is based on is a hateful (anti 2nd Amendment) fantasy. All I tried to do was inject some facts about replica black powder revolvers that I am familiar with.

You left the best part out...

Gardner has been charged with felony child abuse committed negligently and resulting in serious bodily injury. Gardner — an elected Republican official who has served as a commissioner in Ector County, Tex., since 2021 —
Wow!

I am a gun guy. What he was trying to do could be done safely. Being that he had a Pieta I assume there may be a western theme going on. So maybe this is a hillbilly/redneck/cowboy wedding. There is a paywall on the link so I did not read a story.

This is one of those unnecessary accidents. It did not need to happen. But if you are going to do this, then please be safe and do it right. This jack-off was most likely drunk.

There are ways around many paywalls. But we all know one gets what they pay for. Get all our news for free. :auiqs.jpg:

A proper “gun nut” would know better. This guy is an idiot.

By the way, even a proper blank (much less the dangerous version that this idiot made) is dangerous at close range. Ask the actor, Jon-Erik Hexum. Oh, you can't; he's dead. Killed by a blank. Even if there's no solid projectile (such as a wad of glue) there is still just as much energy coming out other muzzle as with a bullet. Without a solid projectile, that energy spreads and dissipates after a short distance, but there's still enough to be deadly at close range.

Forum List

Back