Headed for Congress?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
082812-politics-mia-love-utah-mayor-running-for-congress-republican-2.jpg

Mia Love nominated by a 78 to 22 vote at Utah GOP nominating convention – I guess they don't have primaries there. She's going to face a SLC attorney who won his nomination by 98% vote. Should be interesting to watch.

So, is the GOP waging a War On Women by nominating a black female? :eusa_clap:

hmmm...I wonder what the anchor baby's opinion is on the Dream Act?

There was an immigration law in place, however, that would grant the entire family citizenship if Jean Maxine and Mary had a baby in America.

But there was a deadline.

The law was set to expire on Jan. 1, 1976.

On Dec. 6, 1975, with 25 days to spare, Mia was born in a Brooklyn hospital.

"My parents have always told me I was a miracle and our family's ticket to America."

Mia Love

I am looking forward to Mia Love being in Congress! The Black Caucus should welcome her; but wait, they are really The Black Liberal Caucus!

Mia Love nominated by a 78 to 22 vote at Utah GOP nominating convention – I guess they don't have primaries there. She's going to face a SLC attorney who won his nomination by 98% vote. Should be interesting to watch.

I have watched and listened to this woman for a couple of years now. I am happy she is on her way up. :thup:

----------

Former Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love earned ample support from Utah Republicans on Saturday to win her party’s nod for the House — and most likely become the GOP’s first black congresswoman.

One of the GOP’s most-touted prospects, Love received 78 percent of the delegate votes and put away the nomination at this year’s state Republican convention, according to the Deseret News. Her primary rival, businessman Bob Fuehr, garnered about 22 percent of the vote.

In Utah, GOP candidates who meet a 60 percent threshold at the convention can bypass a June primary.
The all-day convention took place in Sandy, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City.

Love is running to succeed her former foe, retiring Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah. Matheson announced his retirement late last year — a departure that all but certainly threw the seat into the GOP’s column

The race is rated Safe Republican by the Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.

Mia Love Wins GOP Nod for Congress in Utah

It will say a lot about the people of Utah if she does not win, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

It will say a lot about the people of Utah if she does not win, and I don't mean that in a positive way.

And what, pray tell, will it say about the people of Utah?

Mia Love wins! The first black woman Republican elected to Congress.

Not only wins, but by a good margin. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back