He Lied About Abramoff

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Did he also lie about Iraq?:eusa_whistle:

The White House had stronger ties to disgraced superlobbyist Jack Abramoff than it has publicly admitted, according to a draft congressional report released Monday.

(ABC News Photo Illustration)
More PhotosPresident Bush met Abramoff on at least four occasions the White House has yet to acknowledge, according to the draft report by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

And White House officials appeared as comfortable going to Abramoff and his lobbyists seeking tickets to sporting and entertainment events, as they did seeking input on personnel picks for plum jobs, the report found.

President Bush himself met Abramoff on at least six occasions, the report said, citing White House documents; the White House had previously acknowledged only two.

When questions were first raised about Abramoff's connection to Bush officials in January 2006, then-White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush had personally met Abramoff on just two occasions, both at White House Hanukkah receptions.

ABC News: President Met Disgraced Lobbyist At Least Six Times

Nope, no WMDs here. Heh, Heh Heh.

Iraq: The War Card - The Center for Public Integrity

I don't really know how close the Bush cabal was to Abramoff, but I'll assume for the time being that the Bush people have exactly the same problem everyone else does when it comes to raising money.

Their need for cash is SO VAST, that they often lie down with dogs and get fleas.

Bear in mind that I think the Bush cabal is criminal, but as far as this issue goes I can see how easy it is to end up in bed with total scoundrals.

Too many of "our" repesentatives in DC are in bed with the scoundrels.

This is going to issue that some folks keep saying Bush never lied.

He did.:eek:

Then there are those that say, "So he lied, so what!"

On both sides, we in this country are very accepting of corruption, as long as it benefits "us" and not "them" which goes to what we really have become, all of us, and just how low we have sunk.

Except no one asked Bush the question, now did they? And unless the meetings were specificaly just to meet him and not some white house event, you have no case. But hey don't let that stop you Col Mustard.

Except no one asked Bush the question, now did they? And unless the meetings were specificaly just to meet him and not some white house event, you have no case. But hey don't let that stop you Col Mustard.

I think Bush met Abramoff in the observatory with the candelobra.

Forum List

Back