He Is Risen

Oh, I don't know about. Your own follies seem pretty extreme to me.
I don't have any follies when it comes to my faith. I believe in the one TRUE GOD and his Son Jesus who died on the cross for EVERYONES salvation. Difference between me and you is I know the truth, you believe lies. PAgans are followers of satan.

There, you see? Folly, on display for all to see. Thank you for once again illustrating so clearly the enslavement of the dogmatic mind.
I just state the truth. You twist it, but that is what satan does best, twist and deceive.

"Male and female created he them."

Not that I put much stock in the Bible, but evidently the author of Genesis isn't as dumb as you are, and fully recognizes that human beings have two sexes.

Hate to nit-pick, but it's actually, "Let US make man in OUR own image"
:eusa_shhh:

I know, but I was afraid if I confronted the poor soul with gender-equality AND Biblical polytheism he might have a stroke. ;)

I'm stating to suspect that AF is a closet gay guy and can't relate to a Goddess because She stirs his icky cootie reaction. I think he probably envisions God as really hunky.
Obviously you do not know the Bible as well as you think. God created MAN first and then saw that it was not good for him to be alone so he created woman, from mans rib. Another thing, God created man in "our image", the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I know, you probably are having a seizure right now, the truth tends to do that to satan worshipers.

"Male and female created he them."

Not that I put much stock in the Bible, but evidently the author of Genesis isn't as dumb as you are, and fully recognizes that human beings have two sexes.

Hate to nit-pick, but it's actually, "Let US make man in OUR own image"
:eusa_shhh:

I know, but I was afraid if I confronted the poor soul with gender-equality AND Biblical polytheism he might have a stroke. ;)

I'm stating to suspect that AF is a closet gay guy and can't relate to a Goddess because She stirs his icky cootie reaction. I think he probably envisions God as really hunky.
My wife is the only goddess in my life. God is a man pure and simple. I feel sorry for you, where you are going to spend eternity I would not want to be.

Obviously you do not know the Bible as well as you think. God created MAN first and then saw that it was not good for him to be alone so he created woman

Obviously YOU don't know the Bible as well as you think, but then Christians seldom do. There are two creation stories in Genesis, not one. The first one has the gods and goddesses (plural, from the original Hebrew) creating all the world and all life, and concludes with the creation of man as follows:

"Then God said, “Let us make humanity in our image to resemble us so that they may take charge of the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and all the crawling things on earth.”

27 God created humanity
in God’s own image,
in the divine image God created them,
male and female God created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and master it. Take charge of the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and everything crawling on the ground.” 29 Then God said, “I now give to you all the plants on the earth that yield seeds and all the trees whose fruit produces its seeds within it. These will be your food. 30 To all wildlife, to all the birds of the sky, and to everything crawling on the ground—to everything that breathes—I give all the green grasses for food.” And that’s what happened. 31 God saw everything he had made: it was supremely good."

Genesis 1: 26-31 (Common English Version). As I stated above, the Hebrew word translated here as "God" was plural and included both male and female, so it would better have been translated as "the gods and goddesses."

The second creation story is the one you presented, and it's quite different from this one. Hard to say how the two should be reconciled; my own belief is that this first story, which strongly resembles creation stories from Mesopotamia, is something Abraham took with him from Ur of the Chaldees, while the other story comes from the nomadic peoples that he and his line merged with.

In any case, a conception of God that actually has a fixed gender is incredibly crude and shows someone with a mind on about a third-grade level.

My wife is the only goddess in my life. God is a man pure and simple. I feel sorry for you, where you are going to spend eternity I would not want to be.

Suuuuure. Go ahead, keep on denying it., but I know very well you tremble at the thought of being on your knees, slurping on the Divine Shaft until you shiver in ecstasy as He fills your very being with the salty, bittersweet essence of the Lord.

He Was Born Of A Virgin

He Walked On Water

He Healed Leprosy By Touching

He Moved His Hands And Raised The Dead

He Was Hung On A Cross And Bled Like A Hog

He Was Resurrected By The God Of The Universe(HIMSELF)

And He Will Come Back Floating On A Cloud

promises promises

Imagine going to the tomb and finding the stone rolled to one side. And when you enter, He is gone. In your panic, you are told that He is not here. That you should go and tell the world that the Son of Man is not dead, but that He is risen. That the pain and suffering that He endured was because of His love for you... All of your sins and those of the world, on His shoulders.

And despite all of your self-hate (because really, that is what you have), He loves you and interceeds for you with the Father...

There will come a day when you will fall down in front of Him and you will say, "I never knew." And through the tears He will reply, "I didn't either"....

Imagine going to the tomb and finding the stone rolled to one side. And when you enter, He is gone. In your panic, you are told that He is not here. That you should go and tell the world that the Son of Man is not dead, but that He is risen. That the pain and suffering that He endured was because of His love for you... All of your sins and those of the world, on His shoulders.

And despite all of your self-hate (because really, that is what you have), He loves you and interceeds for you with the Father...

There will come a day when you will fall down in front of Him and you will say, "I never knew." And through the tears He will reply, "I didn't either"....

That last paragraph is a threat. Anyone who believes anything because they are threatened has an enslaved mind.

The reality here is that I have only your word that what you say is true, and your word is, frankly, not reliable. And the price I would have to pay in order to gain these benefits you are offering -- which I have no reason to believe are real -- is the integrity of my own mind, and that is far too high a price even if the benefits ARE real.

That last paragraph is a threat. Anyone who believes anything because they are threatened has an enslaved mind.

The reality here is that I have only your word that what you say is true, and your word is, frankly, not reliable. And the price I would have to pay in order to gain these benefits you are offering -- which I have no reason to believe are real -- is the integrity of my own mind, and that is far too high a price even if the benefits ARE real.
NOT a threat, a warning. Only paranoid guilty people think it is a threat.

Obviously you do not know the Bible as well as you think. God created MAN first and then saw that it was not good for him to be alone so he created woman

Obviously YOU don't know the Bible as well as you think, but then Christians seldom do. There are two creation stories in Genesis, not one. The first one has the gods and goddesses (plural, from the original Hebrew) creating all the world and all life, and concludes with the creation of man as follows:

"Then God said, “Let us make humanity in our image to resemble us so that they may take charge of the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and all the crawling things on earth.”

27 God created humanity
in God’s own image,
in the divine image God created them,
male and female God created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fertile and multiply; fill the earth and master it. Take charge of the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and everything crawling on the ground.” 29 Then God said, “I now give to you all the plants on the earth that yield seeds and all the trees whose fruit produces its seeds within it. These will be your food. 30 To all wildlife, to all the birds of the sky, and to everything crawling on the ground—to everything that breathes—I give all the green grasses for food.” And that’s what happened. 31 God saw everything he had made: it was supremely good."

Genesis 1: 26-31 (Common English Version). As I stated above, the Hebrew word translated here as "God" was plural and included both male and female, so it would better have been translated as "the gods and goddesses."

The second creation story is the one you presented, and it's quite different from this one. Hard to say how the two should be reconciled; my own belief is that this first story, which strongly resembles creation stories from Mesopotamia, is something Abraham took with him from Ur of the Chaldees, while the other story comes from the nomadic peoples that he and his line merged with.

In any case, a conception of God that actually has a fixed gender is incredibly crude and shows someone with a mind on about a third-grade level.

The plurality of God in Genesis is referencing the Holy Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. It is your own fantasy, not Biblical, that you would think it means man and woman. Keep lying to yourself, I, based on the Bible, God's word, do NOT believe you, nor never will. All you are doing is using a lie to support your lies, never works.

Suuuuure. Go ahead, keep on denying it., but I know very well you tremble at the thought of being on your knees, slurping on the Divine Shaft until you shiver in ecstasy as He fills your very being with the salty, bittersweet essence of the Lord.
You just proved you are satans child. Good luck, you are going to need it, satan.

The plurality of God in Genesis is referencing the Holy Trinity

Since the Trinity as a concept was not developed until many centuries later, no, that's quite impossible. And besides, the Trinity does not include a feminine member, unless you consider the Holy Spirit to be feminine, and the word "Elohim" does.

You just proved you are satans child. Good luck, you are going to need it, satan.

Oh, come on. Why not just admit your own yearnings and come out of the closet? You'll be so much happier if you do. :tongue:

Completely uncalled for and well-deserving of the Neg I just gave you for it.

You ordinarily debate in a much more civil fashion.

:mad:

Well, as you please, but there's no such thing as a "debate" with AF anyway. He has no arguments, only flat pronunciations from authority, and that gets boring. I see no harm in yanking his chain every once in a while. If you feel like neging me for that, be my guest. It's not going to change a thing.

Okay, eww?

Well, as you please, but there's no such thing as a "debate" with AF anyway. He has no arguments, only flat pronunciations from authority, and that gets boring. I see no harm in yanking his chain every once in a while. If you feel like neging me for that, be my guest. It's not going to change a thing.

Glad to see you admit the Bible is authoritative. I am glad you like yanking my chain, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I know the truth and I know there are those that refuse to believe. I do not hate them for it, but I just feel bad for them.

Glad to see you admit the Bible is authoritative.

I admit nothing of the sort, of course. YOU regard it as authoritative, though, and you never have anything at all to say except "the Bible says," and that makes you a complete, monstrous bore.

You can't even say WHY you consider the Bible authoritative. You just do, in pure reflexive knee-jerk fashion.

Glad to see you admit the Bible is authoritative.

I admit nothing of the sort, of course. YOU regard it as authoritative, though, and you never have anything at all to say except "the Bible says," and that makes you a complete, monstrous bore.

You can't even say WHY you consider the Bible authoritative. You just do, in pure reflexive knee-jerk fashion.
You are wrong, as always. I have stated why I believe the Bible is authoritative, because it IS GOD's WORD!!! You are the who refuses the truth. The truth is undebatable. You believe it or not, just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it is not true.

You are wrong, as always. I have stated why I believe the Bible is authoritative, because it IS GOD's WORD!!!

That's merely restating the same thing in other words. It's not a reason why, it's just rephrasing. Why do you think the Bible is "God's word"?

Forum List

Back