He Is Risen

To the OP: What do you care what other people believe. Why can't you just live your life, and be happy? You say you are - but then what are you doing here.

He is risen.

Yes. He is risen indeed. Millions believe that - and? No skin off your nose, at least it shouldn't be.

Sorry, but eternity in the lake of fire and the gnashing of teeth and all of that loveliness. . . that comes from the bible. If the bible is only another example of nutcases preaching in God's name, then what -is- the hard, physical standard by which you define your faith as a Christian?
The Bible!!!!

The bible which has been at the root of the deaths of hundreds of millions of innocents with it's pure horse shit

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(homosexuality)

Romans 1:26-27

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.(homosexuality)

Exodus 22

18Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live(witchcraft)

Colossians 4

1Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.(slavery)

followed by the biggest crock of bullshit in the history of mankind:
Old Testament Death Penalty Sins

Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.

Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.

Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.

Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.

Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.

Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.

Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.

Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.

Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.

Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.

Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.

Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.

Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.

Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.

Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.

Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.

Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.

Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.

Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.

Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.

Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.

Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.

Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.

Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.

Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.

Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.

Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.

Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.

Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.

Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.

Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.

Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.

Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.

Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.

Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.

False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.

Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.

Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.

Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.

Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.

Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.

False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.
Good, you grasp the truth. Go God.

Free will is not the issue, and we are discussing not the existence of consequences but a particular set of consequences which cannot be the work of a just and loving god.

The wages of sin are death. Jesus was sent to pay that debt. Funny that you should hold God up to some standard and knowledge that YOU have.

That's not precisely what I'm doing. Rather, I'm holding someone's CLAIM about God up to standards of making any sense. If I find (as I do) that the claim is that God does things which are monstrous, I do not conclude that God is monstrous. I conclude, rather, that the claim is false.

God doesn't choose sin, people do. Free will means some will make poor choices. Did you keep consequences from your children? Did they suffer at times? Did you love them?

The wages of sin are death. Jesus was sent to pay that debt. Funny that you should hold God up to some standard and knowledge that YOU have.

That's not precisely what I'm doing. Rather, I'm holding someone's CLAIM about God up to standards of making any sense. If I find (as I do) that the claim is that God does things which are monstrous, I do not conclude that God is monstrous. I conclude, rather, that the claim is false.

God doesn't choose sin, people do. Free will means some will make poor choices. Did you keep consequences from your children? Did they suffer at times? Did you love them?

When my children misbehave, do I punish them by subjecting them to worse-than-Inquisition-scale torture for all eternity? No.

Do I subject them to worse-than-Gestapo torture for even a second? No.

Do I believe that anyone who does this sort of thing is acting out of love? No.

Do I believe that anyone who does this sort of thing is a hideous, monstrous tyrant, worse than any merely human tyrant who has ever breathed, a moral leper, and utterly unworthy of respect, let alone worship? Yes.

Do I believe that an idea of God that would include such despicable villainy is worth considering?

Not on your life.

Free will means some will make poor choices.

Don't worry, Obama is here to take that away from you all too. He'll make the right choice for everyone from now on. All hail the messiah!

Hey wait, what if he's a false messiah, what should we do then? Hum... we're gonna need someone with experience in these fake messiahs matters to advise us. ( :lol: )

Last edited:
To the OP: What do you care what other people believe. Why can't you just live your life, and be happy? You say you are - but then what are you doing here.

He is risen.

Yes. He is risen indeed. Millions believe that - and? No skin off your nose, at least it shouldn't be.

I read the book of Mormon before I was 20 years old. I have read the bible from cover to cover and have read the new testament no less than ten times. I was baptized in front of nearly 1000 people at the Robertsville Baptist church in Oak Ridge, TN on a Sunday morning in 1956. I was in church at least three times a week. We tithed our gross, I taught Sunday school for young adults, I went to Clinton and Oliver Springs and gave testimony before congregations in several small churches, I worked with the RA boys, I was a member of the Brotherhood, the building committee and went with others for visitation on Tuesdays. I had most of the new testament committed to memory and could quote it chapter and verse. When time came for me to be drafted the preacher, William Summers, called me into his study and offered to help me get ordained and become a minister. The reason...to keep me from having to leave the church. Guess what...I went to the army.

Churches are small businesses. They operate tax free. I was going to a church of god in Oak Ridge when we moved to the lake. When the preacher there realized we weren't attending church he couldn't find our place so he went to the Roane County Sheriff's office and they told him exactly how to find us. When I told him I had a lot of doubts and wasn't going to do anything for a while he turned us over to a church in Kingston and then I had to get rid of them. It's money. That's all it is...money. I think the first dollar one of them takes from some old person's social security check or from some widow with little to her name should make them guilty of a misdemeanor and on the second offense I think they should be locked up.

That load of malarky in the bible has been passed down from one generation to the next for thousands of years and the people who wrote the new testament don't even believe it themselves. When I was in grammer school in McKenzie and Milan we started the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer and the teachers assigned each student a bible verse to memorize on Mondays and we recited them back to the class on Fridays. Talk about brainwashing. I'm not just a little perturbed about it I'm on a mission. Try conducting prayer meetings in public schools now.

I have posted on no less than a dozen religious boards or forums and they dread to see me coming. Main reason...I know what's in the bible and I quote it and tell them it's bullshit. I find it next to impossible that intelligent people still believe that a most powerful, caring god turned the only keys to the kingdom over to ignorant, superstitious sheep herders who believed in witchcraft and that the earth was flat and never showed himself again.

You really need to read the history of religion and not just the bible. The story about virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection etc. was told dozens of times in N. Africa and the middle east thousands of years before the Jewish version. Now the Jews don't even believe themselves.

Last edited:
You are mixing up God with nutcases preaching in His name.

Should I judge atheism by some of the postings of the haters here who claim to be atheists?

Sorry, but eternity in the lake of fire and the gnashing of teeth and all of that loveliness. . . that comes from the bible. If the bible is only another example of nutcases preaching in God's name, then what -is- the hard, physical standard by which you define your faith as a Christian?
The Bible!!!!

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

'Course now....after billions of hell fire and damnation sermons they are saying all such phrases are errors in translation

But God did not HAVE to send his son to die on the cross to accomplish any of this; he had only to say "make it so." I remind everyone as well, that originally the rationale behind the sacrifice of Christ was that God was a bloodthirsty, vengeful monster who required pain and death in recompense for sin, but was appeased by the suffering and death of Jesus. While it was abhorrent, this reasoning was at least logically consistent.

In the end, there are only two ways to justify what AF just said above. Either we conclude that God is a monster, or we conclude that God is a limited being and not omnipotent at all.

The Jews of those days still followed the blood/sacrificial laws.
There had to be a sacrifice of a perfect lamb to atone for our sins.

As to the 'hell' discussion:
I'm not alone in my annihilation belief.
In that the translations for the words forever and eternity have been misunderstood.
Eternity is one thing. Forever is another.

We will be burned until burnt up....until gone. Not for eternity.
Eternal life is the Reward.
'whosoever believeth in Him shall not PERISH but have EVERLASTING life'

It's simple, really.
If you believe, you live forever with Him.
If not, you PERISH.
:cool:

He is risen.

I read the book of Mormon before I was 20 years old. I have read the bible from cover to cover and have read the new testament no less than ten times. I was baptized in front of nearly 1000 people at the Robertsville Baptist church in Oak Ridge, TN on a Sunday morning in 1956. I was in church at least three times a week. We tithed our gross, I taught Sunday school for young adults, I went to Clinton and Oliver Springs and gave testimony before congregations in several small churches, I worked with the RA boys, I was a member of the Brotherhood, the building committee and went with others for visitation on Tuesdays. I had most of the new testament committed to memory and could quote it chapter and verse. When time came for me to be drafted the preacher, William Summers, called me into his study and offered to help me get ordained and become a minister. The reason...to keep me from having to leave the church. Guess what...I went to the army.

Churches are small businesses. They operate tax free. I was going to a church of god in Oak Ridge when we moved to the lake. When the preacher there realized we weren't attending church he couldn't find our place so he went to the Roane County Sheriff's office and they told him exactly how to find us. When I told him I had a lot of doubts and wasn't going to do anything for a while he turned us over to a church in Kingston and then I had to get rid of them. It's money. That's all it is...money. I think the first dollar one of them takes from some old person's social security check or from some widow with little to her name should make them guilty of a misdemeanor and on the second offense I think they should be locked up.

That load of malarky in the bible has been passed down from one generation to the next for thousands of years and the people who wrote the new testament don't even believe it themselves. When I was in grammer school in McKenzie and Milan we started the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer and the teachers assigned each student a bible verse to memorize on Mondays and we recited them back to the class on Fridays. Talk about brainwashing. I'm not just a little perturbed about it I'm on a mission. Try conducting prayer meetings in public schools now.

I have posted on no less than a dozen religious boards or forums and they dread to see me coming. Main reason...I know what's in the bible and I quote it and tell them it's bullshit. I find it next to impossible that intelligent people still believe that a most powerful, caring god turned the only keys to the kingdom over to ignorant, superstitious sheep herders who believed in witchcraft and that the earth was flat and never showed himself again.

You really need to read the history of religion and not just the bible. The story about virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection etc. was told dozens of times in N. Africa and the middle east thousands of years before the Jewish version. Now the Jews don't even believe themselves.

Reason your way to faith? Not possible. Saving yourself through personal efforts? Not happening.

He is risen.

Reason your way to faith? Not possible. Saving yourself through personal efforts? Not happening.
You don't get it do you

I don't believe a word of that ancient bullschit and If I Live To 100 I never will. I don't see how any sane person can believe a tale made up by ignorant, primitive man because he wasn't able to accept his mortality.

"Course the folks who started it were getting a tenth of their neighbor's crops through the church so maybe that was it.

PT Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute" Ancient god worship proves he knew what he was talking about.

But God did not HAVE to send his son to die on the cross to accomplish any of this; he had only to say "make it so." I remind everyone as well, that originally the rationale behind the sacrifice of Christ was that God was a bloodthirsty, vengeful monster who required pain and death in recompense for sin, but was appeased by the suffering and death of Jesus. While it was abhorrent, this reasoning was at least logically consistent.

In the end, there are only two ways to justify what AF just said above. Either we conclude that God is a monster, or we conclude that God is a limited being and not omnipotent at all.

As to the 'hell' discussion:
I'm not alone in my annihilation belief.
In that the translations for the words forever and eternity have been misunderstood.
Eternity is one thing. Forever is another.

It's simple, really.
If not, you PERISH.

If you acknowledge that there's inconsistencies in the translation, how do you go about divining which parts are true and which parts got f'ed up? I've always wondered that, as most of the Christians I have this discussion with end up going with a, "The current version of the King James bible is what God was inspiring everyone involved to create" sort of explanation.

If that's not it, how do you know which parts to keep and which parts to throw out?

You don't get it do you

I don't believe a word of that ancient bullschit and If I Live To 100 I never will. I don't see how any sane person can believe a tale made up by ignorant, primitive man because he wasn't able to accept his mortality.

"Course the folks who started it were getting a tenth of their neighbor's crops through the church so maybe that was it.

PT Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute" Ancient god worship proves he knew what he was talking about.

Oh, I "get it" completely. I just haven't identitfied the event(s) which shaped your hate and fueled the anger.

Yes, I realize that that was behind the idea of Jesus' atonement on the cross. Do you understand that I consider this an indictment of the idea rather than a justification for it? That is to say: the idea of animal blood sacrifice is a primitive, barbarous superstition only one notch up from human sacrifice. That the Jews of the time believed in this, is an argument that these traditions were NOT derived from any universal deity but rather from the tribal god they had worshiped in their nomad days.

Since Jesus' atonement on the cross derives from such savage superstitious belief, why should we give it any credence today?

It's simple, really.
If not, you PERISH.

That's marginally less horrifying, but still suffers from the same basic flaw: "Believe this, not because it is true, but because you will be destroyed if you don't."

Now: I can see a certain sense, even though I know for other reasons that it's not true, in the idea of annihilation following separating oneself from God -- that is, from the ground and being of the cosmos. But this must be separated from any concept of belief in or adherence to any given religion. God is bigger than that, and no one faith holds the keys. The claim to the contrary isn't from God, it's merely a power-grab by priests.

He is risen.

In other words, satan has just corrupted you. Wah wah wah.

God is a just God that loves us.

Really? Let's see . . .

God doesn't want any man to fall short, but there are consequences to sin.

God is omniscient and omnipotent and created everything in existence, therefore any consequences to sin are the work of God himself. The implication that he has no choice about the matter is clearly false.

God knew that man could not follow the law set forth in the old testament, mankind tried and failed numerous times. So God sent his Son Jesus to die on the cross for our salvation, it is as simple as that. All anyone has to do is believe in the saving grace God showed us by sending Jesus.

The sin of man is mans fault. Blaming God just shows how small you really are.

Forum List

Back