Have you heard of this girl ?

I grew up hating "folk rock" but this is something special.

Are you actually serious? Sandy Denny is a freaking legend.

You're lucky Lucy Hamilton isn't around to take you to task here.... but I envy you, being in the position to discover her afresh.

This has been for decades standard playlist in the States on Hallowe'en.... probably her most widely known tune

Backstory:
Tam Lin is the name of a spirit who occupies the wooded area called Carterhaugh and collects either a physical possession, or the virginity, of any maiden who passes though those woods. When the heroine of the story “Janet”, collects a rose there, Tam Lin challenges her, Janet claims ownership over Carterhaugh, by inheritance from her father. Later she meets him a second time and challenges Tam Lin as to whether he was ever mortal, as she is now pregnant.

Tam Lin then confesses he was indeed, captured by the Queen of the Faeries upon falling from his horse, and every seven years these Faeries commend one of their people to hell, and tonight... on Hallowe'en... he fears he is going to be that victim, so Janet and Tam Lin make a plan to rescue him. He informs Janet will be riding a white horse, and warns that the faeries will turn him into several different beasts …. but none will do her harm.​

You're lucky Lucy Hamilton isn't around to take you to task here.... but I envy you, being in the position to discover her afresh.

This has been for decades standard playlist in the States on Hallowe'en.... probably her most widely known tune

Backstory:
Tam Lin is the name of a spirit who occupies the wooded area called Carterhaugh and collects either a physical possession, or the virginity, of any maiden who passes though those woods. When the heroine of the story “Janet”, collects a rose there, Tam Lin challenges her, Janet claims ownership over Carterhaugh, by inheritance from her father. Later she meets him a second time and challenges Tam Lin as to whether he was ever mortal, as she is now pregnant.

Tam Lin then confesses he was indeed, captured by the Queen of the Faeries upon falling from his horse, and every seven years these Faeries commend one of their people to hell, and tonight... on Hallowe'en... he fears he is going to be that victim, so Janet and Tam Lin make a plan to rescue him. He informs Janet will be riding a white horse, and warns that the faeries will turn him into several different beasts …. but none will do her harm.​

Sorry mate - that is everything I hate but folk rock.

Backstory:

thanks Pogo i was about to tell tommy much the same...

Forum List

Back