Have you had enough of PC liberals ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And yes Pogo, THEY ARE FUCKING LIBERALS!!

Karlie Kloss Apologizes for ‘Racist’ Geisha-Themed Vogue Shoot

Vogue[/a] is under fire again. Days after the fashion magazine’s “Diversity issue” stirred controversy for its homogeneous cover and alleged airbrushing, a photo of model Karlie Kloss dressed as a Geisha has sparked outcry.

Kloss, who was shot in Japan and styled by Phyllis Posnick, appears in the photos dressed as a geisha (a traditional Japanese entertainer), posing next to a sumo wrestler and next to a pool. The images fell flat on social media.

And by the way, I don't doubt they are using this to bring attention to their magazine.
That doesn't however negate the butthurt snowflake responses on Twitter,vand other social media.

upload_2017-2-15_15-0-39.png

I like it. What is the big deal?

She ain't Asian is their problem.
OH YIKES! HURTS! It huuuuuurts me!

View attachment 112576

Could possibly be taken in the same context of a pic with a Black woman eating fried chicken & watermelon.......

It is the beauty of the country and culture. I have pictures dressing in similar costume with face paint, from when i was younger and traveled the world. I have pictures from most countries in costumes.

It is the sharing the culture with the readers.

922602_534875960621_1399703984_o.jpg

visitors often dress up and often buys at least part of the costumes

39ec6b09257d72adf2569c9a160be66f.jpg

used in movies

upload_2017-2-15_15-17-35.png

modeling pictures or just images of self to hang on the wall

And by the way, I don't doubt they are using this to bring attention to their magazine.
That doesn't however negate the butthurt snowflake responses on Twitter,vand other social media.

Butthurt: the new Republican word for the reaction of right thinking people to the crap spewing out of the White House. The lies, fear-mongering and racism.

You better get used to it because we put up with your WHINING for 8 years. Now you're WHINING more because you think you've won we we think you're fucked.

Flynn was just the first. This won't end as long as Trump is in the White House.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

View attachment 112576

Could possibly be taken in the same context of a pic with a Black woman eating fried chicken & watermelon.......

It is the beauty of the country and culture. I have pictures dressing in similar costume with face paint, from when i was younger and traveled the world. I have pictures from most countries in costumes.

used in movies

View attachment 112579

Yes and I agree about the beauty of the culture.......but if that's all it was about then why did Vogue need to apologize for a racist photoshoot? OR as deannalw suggested, the model wasn't Asian. IDK :dunno:

View attachment 112576

used in movies

View attachment 112579

Yes and I agree about the beauty of the culture.......but if that's all it was about then why did Vogue need to apologize for a racist photoshoot? OR as deannalw suggested, the model wasn't Asian. IDK :dunno:

why now and not over the decades of models dressing up and use makeup the same or similar?

Asian is a bullshit term for oriental. According to that thinking, Nikki Haley could get away with dressing as a geisha girl because her Indian heritage means she's Asian.

what of people being named geisha? is that a problem as well?

what is it about this one photo shoot that is wrong and not others?

View attachment 112576

used in movies

View attachment 112579

why now and not over the decades of models dressing up and use makeup the same or similar?

good questions but I don't know :dunno:

And yes Pogo, THEY ARE FUCKING LIBERALS!!

Vogue[/a] is under fire again. Days after the fashion magazine’s “Diversity issue” stirred controversy for its homogeneous cover and alleged airbrushing, a photo of model Karlie Kloss dressed as a Geisha has sparked outcry.

Kloss, who was shot in Japan and styled by Phyllis Posnick, appears in the photos dressed as a geisha (a traditional Japanese entertainer), posing next to a sumo wrestler and next to a pool. The images fell flat on social media.

It's the culture of perpetual victimhood, taught by progressive professors who are funded by Arab money.

Butthurt: the new Republican word for the reaction of right thinking people to the crap spewing out of the White House. The lies, fear-mongering and racism.

You better get used to it because we put up with your WHINING for 8 years. Now you're WHINING more because you think you've won we we think you're fucked.

Flynn was just the first. This won't end as long as Trump is in the White House.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This thread has nothing to do with your comments.

Geisha is actually the rough equivalent of an American whore, though they were highly trained and almost ritualized. No stigma over there about it from what I've read.

Also from the comments: Keeping with this logic, next time a black model poses in a magazine, she has to have her breasts exposed and pose in front of an African landscape with lions in the background, otherwise it's "racist" against Europeans.

They make a good point. Of course the same lefties who would rage about the photo shoot, would not see the above as valid - intellectually dishonest. Whatever the mag kissed the whiners asses so there it is.

If they bitch at me for wearing my new clothes, which are of modern Japanese style, I'll be telling them to fuck off.

Forum List

Back