Zone1 Have you got a rational explanation for the so-called Miracle of the Sun at Fatima?

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Here is a description of that Miracle of the Sun:

Estimates of the number of people present range from 30,000 and 40,000, by Avelino de Almeida writing for the Portuguese newspaper O Século,[15] to 100,000, estimated by lawyer José Almeida Garrett.[16][17]

Various claims have been made as to what actually happened during the event. According to many witnesses, after a period of rain, the dark clouds broke and the Sun appeared as an opaque, spinning disc in the sky. It was said to be significantly duller than normal, and to cast multicolored lights across the landscape, the people, and the surrounding clouds. The Sun was then reported to have careened towards the Earth before zig-zagging back to its normal position.[18][19] Witnesses reported that their previously wet clothes became "suddenly and completely dry, as well as the wet and muddy ground that had been previously soaked because of the rain that had been falling".[20] Not all witnesses reported seeing the Sun "dance". Some people only saw the radiant colors. Several people saw nothing.[8][21][22]

Skeptic Brian Dunning commented on an image commonly mistaken for a photograph of the Sun taken at Fatima: "An old black and white photograph of the actual sun miracle event shows a lot of dark rain clouds behind some trees and the sun poking through. There is certainly nothing in the photograph that looks unusual, but of course a photograph is static. Whatever the crowd saw was not interesting enough to be noticeable in a photograph".[9][10] The photograph, originally published in 1951 by L'Osservatore Romano was subsequently determined to have been taken approximately eight years later in a different Portugal town of a different solar phenomenon. The misattributed image, however, continues to circulate on the internet.[23]

Have you got a rational explanation for the so-called Miracle of the Sun at Fatima?

The Miracle of the Sun In Fatima (October 13, 1917)​

5 Eyewitnesses Describe Seeing The Miracle Of The Sun​

The article posted does give some explanation. I personaly have seen ''sundogs'' and what is in this picture.
220px-Parhelion_2005_close.jpg

The article posted does give some explanation. I personaly have seen ''sundogs'' and what is in this picture.
220px-Parhelion_2005_close.jpg
We have all experienced a Trump energy transmission ( your rare but valuable photo proof ) but that is surely God working directly rather than relying on some wetched woman to set puzzles to amuse the gullible Sheeple

Sun-Dogs

A sun dog (or sundog) or mock sun, also called a parhelion[1] (plural parhelia) in meteorology, is an atmospheric optical phenomenon that consists of a bright spot to one or both sides of the Sun. Two sun dogs often flank the Sun within a 22° halo.

The sun dog is a member of the family of halos caused by the refraction of sunlight by ice crystals in the atmosphere. Sun dogs typically appear as a pair of subtly colored patches of light, around 22° to the left and right of the Sun, and at the same altitude above the horizon as the Sun. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but are not always obvious or bright. Sun dogs are best seen and most conspicuous when the Sun is near the horizon.

Some explanation

I quote a report:

On October 13, 1917, a crowd witnessed a miraculous event that was recorded by journalists, lawyers and scientists.​

Thousands of individuals gathered near Fatima, Portugal, on October 13, 1917, to witness the next apparition of Our Lady. What they saw was widely reported at the time and became known as the “Miracle of the Sun.”

According to various sources, Dr. Gonçalo de Almeida Garrett, Professor of Natural Sciences at Coimbra University, was there and later recalled what occurred. (As a note, some claim the account was actually given by Dr. Garrett’s son, Dr. José Almeida Garrett.)

Dr. Garrett explains in his account that at first nothing extraordinary occurred.

I was looking at the place of the apparitions, in a serene, if cold, expectation of something happening, and with diminishing curiosity, because a long time had passed without anything to excite my attention. Then I heard a shout from thousands of voices and saw the multitude suddenly turn its back and shoulders away from the point toward which up to now it had directed its attention, and turn to look at the sky on the opposite side.
What happened next defied all scientific reasoning.

It must have been nearly two o’clock by the legal time, and about midday by the sun. The sun, a few moments before, had broken through the thick layer of clouds which hid it, and shone clearly and intensely. I veered to the magnet which seemed to be drawing all eyes, and saw it as a disc with a clean-cut rim, luminous and shining, but which did not hurt the eyes. I do not agree with the comparison which I have heard made in Fátima—that of a dull silver disc. It was a clearer, richer, brighter color, having something of the luster of a pearl. It did not in the least resemble the moon on a clear night because one saw it and felt it to be a living body. It was not spheric like the moon, nor did it have the same color, tone, or shading. It looked like a glazed wheel made of mother-of-pearl. It could not be confused, either, with the sun seen through fog (for there was no fog at the time), because it was not opaque, diffused or veiled. In Fátima it gave light and heat and appeared clear-cut with a well-defined rim.
At first he feared what was happening and tried to turn away.

During the solar phenomenon, which I have just described in detail, there were changes of color in the atmosphere. Looking at the sun, I noticed that everything around was becoming darkened. I looked first at the nearest objects and then extended my glance further afield as far as the horizon. I saw everything an amethyst color. Objects around me, the sky and the atmosphere, were of the same color. An oak tree nearby threw a shadow of this color on the ground.
Fearing that I was suffering from an affection of the retina, an improbable explanation because in that case one could not see things purple-colored, I turned away and shut my eyes, keeping my hands before them to intercept the light. With my back still turned, I opened my eyes and saw that the landscape was the same purple color as before.

At the end of it, Dr. Garrett affirmed that he was in his right mind and was not suffering from a hallucination.

And in fact everything, both near and far, had changed, taking on the color of old yellow damask. People looked as if they were suffering from jaundice, and I recall a sensation of amusement at seeing them look so ugly and unattractive. My own hand was the same color. All the phenomena which I have described were observed by me in a calm and serene state of mind, and without any emotional disturbance. It is for others to interpret and explain them.
The Miracle of the Sun ushered in a new wave of devotion to Our Lady that remains to this day.

There is no non-miraculous explanation for the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima. It is impossible to investigate the facts and remain a non-believer. That is why non-believers don't investigate Fatima. They keep their non-belief intact through avoidance.

Here is a description of that Miracle of the Sun:

Have you got a rational explanation for the so-called Miracle of the Sun at Fatima?
The answer in included in the wikipedia article. "........the eyewitness testimony was actually a collection of inconsistent and contradictory accounts."

I agree with the scientific explanation..........if you stare directly at the sun without protection for just a few seconds you begin to see spots and halos ....etc., it could be perceived as the sun moving when these people gazed directly at the sun for minutes...... when in reality its your eyes attempting to tell your brain.........STOP IT STUPID.

I would enjoy seeing a list of all these supposed promises of miracles.

Forum List

Back