Have You Ever Camped Out Overnight ....

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
Maybe for tickets to a show, concert or sporting event, to get a jump on the early morning sales on Black Friday, or to be the one of the first to purchase the latest and greatest advancement in technology.

Kinda like the folks who camped out overnight outside their local Apple Stores waiting to purchase the new iPhone 4.

:cuckoo:

Tech addicts?
Oh yeah.

I used to wait overnight for Opening Day Tickets for the NY Mets. Thats before they went to a lottery system for single game tickets and limited you to 4 per person.

I used to be able to get 16 tickets for opening day. Didnt scalp a one.

Got on line around 2 AM or so for 8 AM ticket sales. Was probably #250 on line or so.

If I got word that Charles Krauthammer was to get his own website up and running, with message boards and all the political bells and whistles .... I would camp out overnight in the freezing rain and blowing snow to be one of the first to sign up for a membership.

If I got word that Charles Krauthammer was to get his own website up and running, with message boards and all the political bells and whistles .... I would camp out overnight in the freezing rain and blowing snow to be one of the first to sign up for a membership.

I'd wait a couple days til the insanity had calmed down and PM you all the time. :tongue:

Led Zeppelin at MSG in 1974...nah, I called the Box Office and bought nosebleed tickets.

I lived in a tent in Patagonia for 4 months. Does that count ?
As far as " camping out" for tickets or some newly released gadget, I'll leave that to the brainwashed assholes who infect 90% of the planet.

I'd wait a couple days til the insanity had calmed down and PM you all the time. :tongue:
Good to know I'd have a friend over there! Virtually speaking of course.

I lived in a tent in Patagonia for 4 months. Does that count ?
As far as " camping out" for tickets or some newly released gadget, I'll leave that to the brainwashed assholes who infect 90% of the planet.
Was the tent on a sidewalk or in a parking lot? If not, no. It doesn't count. But the rest of your post was well put and speaks volumes.

Forum List

Back