Have They Forgotten There's A Senate?

All ya have to do is stay off my lawn and you'll live a long and happy life.....or a bitter one,dont care one way or another.

Which sums up the problem with deranged sick folks like yourself owning guns. Someone shows up on Thanksgiving day to the wrong house…and you splatter their brains all over your lawn because you constantly are under the delusion that you’re under assault.

Deranged gun owners? Really? Actually that view is no different than stating all illegals are criminals, who kill Americans and then are offered protection by sanctuary cities. So in effect that kind of “perception” of gun owners is not at all different than Trump’s statements regarding immigration that those on the left are so up in arms about. Then we wonder why we have division in this country.

When someone threatens to spread my brains all over his lawn..that isn’t the same as says “all ______ are ________”. It’s a specific threat. If it eventually happens with him….this is probably what informed investigators would call a “warning sign”. Like what we’re finding out about the latest mass murderer on their social media account. When you look at what he posted, you wonder why this deranged individual was allowed to buy guns—or at least I do.

How is that different from a case where an illegal immigrant is found to have killed an American, is a repeat offender, who happens to only make his way back into this country?You can point to a specific case, as can I. It’s still no different in using a phrase like “deranged gun owner” to how Trump reacts to known discovery of violent illegal involved in murder.
The illegal alien/murderer is no more emblematic of the group than the deranged moron who threatened me is emblematic of you (I think). Or do you go around threatening people too? I doubt it. Someone who threatens someone is deranged. Sorry. You haven’t done so….you’re not.

Point by point there’s no difference. You probably want to ban guns through more enforced regulations to protect Americans, the same as Trump wants to enforce known passed immigration laws through the use of a stronger border. Both statements of “perceptions” are exactly the same. Whether we are talking towards gun owners, or Trump’s statements regarding illegals, with phrases like bloodbath killing of Americans or committing crimes. You haven’t proven at all, any differencces between the two.

Well, what I want is mental fitness assessment and smaller magazine/clip capacities.

Blaming the entire group for the actions of a few is not the winning position in any case.
Be it gun owners, Conservatives, illegal aliens, Liberals, Muslims, etc…

It isn't a threat,it's a promise.
You endanger my family and I will shoot your ass without compunction unless you turn and run immediately upon seeing me on my doorstep with my AR.
I gave the three beaners who attempted to invade my home the same courtesy. The only difference is I used a 870 shorty in that case....and yes I would have opened fire had they not ran,because to be honest I dont want to shoot someone in the back.

Looking good solves no problems.

Give them nothing.
at some point, they will have to listen to their constituents and get some balls to stand up to the NRA Lobbyists and their money, money, money... money!.

Give them nothing.
at some point, they will have to listen to their constituents and get some balls to stand up to the NRA Lobbyists and their money, money, money... money!.

It has nothing to do with the NRA.
It's a constitutional right.

Yes.

Do you think the current crop of legislators are infallible?

I doubt it.

But somehow, those legislators in 1787 were?

I doubt it.

That was no mistake in 1787.
An armed society is a free society.

And one with thousands of needless deaths every year….
Other free societies don’t make the bargain…they have freedom without the high costs of arming yourself against phantom boogeymen.

No they do not have freedom.
They are reliant on the Government only for protection and that is control over the citizens.

This is no better than the idiots who complain that they won't accept an article from the NYT.

Stormy Daniels. I didn't know you were on here. You little vixen, you.
whistling.gif

But, no, maybe, I dunno. I don't click on many links here anyway. Really, the only reason I said anything was to kind of give op a helpful hint. I'm a baller like that, Stormy. Oh yes indeedy.

The goal is to get the Republicans to offer only thoughts and prayers for every bloodbath. Which is what they are doing. In this very narrow political aspect, the right wing craving for violence and bloodshed plays into the Democrat’s hands.

Again…is there any word from the White House on a plan to curtail gun violence?
Is there no hope at all that the Republicans will agree to SOMETHING in the legislation, just to look good? I am pretty sure the Democrats would take whatever they can get, as long as Republicans don't try adding in The Wall.

What would YOU propose?

The goal is to get the Republicans to offer only thoughts and prayers for every bloodbath. Which is what they are doing. In this very narrow political aspect, the right wing craving for violence and bloodshed plays into the Democrat’s hands.

wow another leftist hoping and praying for another mass shooting

fuck off. did nothing of the sort.

I was pointing out the calculus of the upcoming gun control legislation juxtaposed to the GOP “thoughts and prayers” initiative.

We have over 320 million citizens, and between 20 and 40 million illegal aliens in this country. Some of these 300 million plus people are not stacked all the way to the top, and some are just evil asses looking to be somebody. When you can figure out how to cull out the dangerous ones, please let the rest of us know.

Until then, all we have are thoughts and prayers.

Dunno. There's been a lot of talk about unity. And never let a perfectly good crisis go to waste and whatnot.

Notwithstanding everybody wants to be a moderate all of a sudden. You know how that goes. That was a timely narrative, too.

And remember what the Republican President of the United States said. Take guns first, go through due process later. He had a tweet around here some place talking about protecting what he clearly believes is 'our Democracy', too.
People need to remember the Pres has never been an ideological conservative and that he is a NYC Democrat at heart. They're not big on guns. I commend him for showing interest in the ERPO laws and I wish the ultra right wing hadn't scared him off. If you're right that being a moderate is the "thing" now, maybe we can get a little bit of sanity established anyway.

He’s the President now. Perhaps he can come up with a plan to address gun violence. “Thoughts and prayers” doesn’t seem to be working.
The CDC needs to be freed up to do some extensive research and the government needs to fund REAL research into the subject. This is as serious as cancer, but no one will move on it and honestly, what do we really know that will be effective? Limiting gun ownership is a start, but how much and to whom? How do we go about it?
This is something that deserves a lot of thought.

Is the CDC studying car accidents? Water bucket drownings? Stabbings? Bludgeoning with baseball bats or hammers? Bathtubs for slips and falls? Opioid overdoses?

Let's work on those first since they kill lots more people than mass shootings do!

Yes, but the Dems reject them.
Donald Trump on 9 Key Gun Issues, in His Own Words

the Republican position on gun rights does not flow from a fondness for weapons, but from a fundamental principle that calls for upholding certain rights that the nation was built upon. Republicans believe that governmental regulation of firearms is largely unconstitutional and therefore, most gun laws are an infringement on the individual’s rights to bear arms. The dominant point made by Republicans in this regard is that the Second Amendment gives the right to the individual to protect himself, his family, and his property.

Yes but the left rejects it.
Donald Trump on 9 Key Gun Issues, in His Own Words

the Republican position on gun rights does not flow from a fondness for weapons, but from a fundamental principle that calls for upholding certain rights that the nation was built upon. Republicans believe that governmental regulation of firearms is largely unconstitutional and therefore, most gun laws are an infringement on the individual’s rights to bear arms. The dominant point made by Republicans in this regard is that the Second Amendment gives the right to the individual to protect himself, his family, and his property.

Democratic Party rejects the 2nd Amendment.
They think they have the right to ban them

It flows from a thirst for violence, confrontation and bloodshed. Anyone who isn’t a republican gun nut can look at the success other nations have in limiting gun deaths by having very restrictive gun control laws and no 2nd amendment. When a republican gun nut looks at the unparalleled violence (in a first world sense), their first thought is that the dead people should have shot first.

Sorry but it is the truth.

As for Trump’s own words….yeah…okay. Thanks for another reason to laugh. He says he doesn’t know the guy he appointed to the AG slot. He doesn’t know his own AG. Really….

Not true.
Does our Government have security guards? Yes
So it should be for everyone else in our nation without violating our amendment rights.
That bar had a security guard. It didn't matter. More guns are not the answer.

I believe the security guard was unarmed, but he was taken out first, so being armed would not have been an issue. Being armed doesn't mean you always win, but it does mean you have a chance of winning.

Is there no hope at all that the Republicans will agree to SOMETHING in the legislation, just to look good? I am pretty sure the Democrats would take whatever they can get, as long as Republicans don't try adding in The Wall.

Give them nothing.

Give them nothing.

yes, it is.... in no way am I advocating taking your guns away, or that right... the SC has ruled that various gun regulations are not unconstitutional... age limits, magazine limits, mental health requirements, where you can carry... have all been touched on and other things too, and all constitutional...

Perilous position? Because Democrats will cry? :auiqs.jpg:

Gun control is a dead issue. Lock up the crazies, kill the bad guys and leave everyone else alone.

To do otherwise is at your own political peril.

The problem is that all of these “crazies” probably have an arsenal at their house…

View attachment 228017

And until they notch their first kill, they can add to their arsenal unencumbered.

Conservatives have 300 million guns and trillions of rounds of ammo.....if we were violent you cock suckers would surely know about it by now.

We do…as the memorial in OKC reminds us. Not to mention your threat to kill me yesterday.
Red alert Tucker Carlson's home under seige by Antifa mob

All ya have to do is stay off my lawn and you'll live a long and happy life.....or a bitter one,dont care one way or another.

Which sums up the problem with deranged sick folks like yourself owning guns. Someone shows up on Thanksgiving day to the wrong house…and you splatter their brains all over your lawn because you constantly are under the delusion that you’re under assault.

You must have some snarly relatives.

The problem is that all of these “crazies” probably have an arsenal at their house…

View attachment 228017

And until they notch their first kill, they can add to their arsenal unencumbered.

Conservatives have 300 million guns and trillions of rounds of ammo.....if we were violent you cock suckers would surely know about it by now.

We do…as the memorial in OKC reminds us. Not to mention your threat to kill me yesterday.

View attachment 228017

You have any evidence of that happing other than movies?

There is no answer to curtail gun violence, simply none. You can repeal change or whatever to the 2nd amendment but you can always purchase a gun somewhere from someone. No a good guy with a gun doesn't always stop a bad guy. I saw today on FB if the cops in that bar in Ca were allowed to carry their guns it would not have happened, bullshit the x Marine threw a smoke bomb going in, if the cops would have had guns they would have been firing wildly and there would have been more murdered.

You can go down to the hood and purchase just about any gun you want so taking them away does not help and never will. The dems know this but yet they are going to put on a show. They need to address it in a different manner that I have no suggestions for.

Smoke works both ways, dumbass!

Well, I'm not subscribing to Wall Street Journal, sorry, I don't care about it that much. Post a different link.

This is no better than the idiots who complain that they won't accept an article from the NYT.

It's not about accepting an article.
It's about paying for a link from here to read.
I won't do it either.

You don't have to buy a subscription if you don't want to. But that doesn't justify demanding alternate sources.

View attachment 228017

There is one thing that remained constant throughout American history however. So we know it doesn't cause mass violence.

View attachment 228049

And neither does PTSD. Anyone desperate enough with PTSD usually commits suicide.

I think its just a common diagnosis. For the media its a way to make it seem more random and prosaic. It adds to the fear.

You have any evidence of that happing other than movies?

There is no answer to curtail gun violence, simply none. You can repeal change or whatever to the 2nd amendment but you can always purchase a gun somewhere from someone. No a good guy with a gun doesn't always stop a bad guy. I saw today on FB if the cops in that bar in Ca were allowed to carry their guns it would not have happened, bullshit the x Marine threw a smoke bomb going in, if the cops would have had guns they would have been firing wildly and there would have been more murdered.

You can go down to the hood and purchase just about any gun you want so taking them away does not help and never will. The dems know this but yet they are going to put on a show. They need to address it in a different manner that I have no suggestions for.

Smoke works both ways, dumbass!

Do you enjoy stalking you dumb motherfucker? If you talked to me in a decent manner I just might return the favor.

Yes.

Do you think the current crop of legislators are infallible?

I doubt it.

But somehow, those legislators in 1787 were?

I doubt it.

That was no mistake in 1787.
An armed society is a free society.

And one with thousands of needless deaths every year….
Other free societies don’t make the bargain…they have freedom without the high costs of arming yourself against phantom boogeymen.

No they do not have freedom.
They are reliant on the Government only for protection and that is control over the citizens.

On that point, you’re totally clueless.

wow another leftist hoping and praying for another mass shooting

fuck off. did nothing of the sort.

I was pointing out the calculus of the upcoming gun control legislation juxtaposed to the GOP “thoughts and prayers” initiative.

We have over 320 million citizens, and between 20 and 40 million illegal aliens in this country. Some of these 300 million plus people are not stacked all the way to the top, and some are just evil asses looking to be somebody. When you can figure out how to cull out the dangerous ones, please let the rest of us know.

Until then, all we have are thoughts and prayers.

Wrong

Forum List

Back