Have modern automobiles evolved from ancient model "t" fords?

garyganu

May 4, 2012
If anthropologists in the distant future recover artifacts of ancient automobiles from the 20th century, they might conclude that cars evolved from simple to complex over a period of time.

This would be the truth, but it is also true that all automobiles have a "creater", a higher power. The creators of automobiles are human beings at Ford, GM, Toyota and other manufacturing companies. Sometimes the creators have mechanical surrogates aid in the manufacturing process. Robots help build cars.

If automobiles have evolved, with the aid of a higher power, why is it so difficult to believe that life has evolved with the aid of a higher power?

Last edited:
If automobiles have evolved, with the aid of a higher power, why is it so difficult to believe that life has evolved wit the aid of a higher power?

Two reasons:
1) Because what has evolved is not automobiles, but the humans that designed and built them; and
2) The idea of an already hyper-evolved power aiding lesser evolved animals runs counter to all that we observe in the universe. Stated differently, if everything evolves from the simple to the complex, why would the ultimate in complexity (an omnipotent sky God) exist prior to everything else beginning it's evolutionary process? If such omnipotence existed, why wouldn't God just start off with fully evolved creatures, just like himself?

If automobiles have evolved, with the aid of a higher power, why is it so difficult to believe that life has evolved wit the aid of a higher power?

Two reasons:
1) Because what has evolved is not automobiles, but the humans that designed and built them; and
2) The idea of an already hyper-evolved power aiding lesser evolved animals runs counter to all that we observe in the universe. Stated differently, if everything evolves from the simple to the complex, why would the ultimate in complexity (an omnipotent sky God) exist prior to everything else beginning it's evolutionary process? If such omnipotence existed, why wouldn't God just start off with fully evolved creatures, just like himself?

1)The fossil evidence would clearly show that automobiles did evolve over a period of time.

2) The answers are simple eflatminor, Only God Knows.

Last edited:

Two reasons:

The answer is simple eflatminor, Only God Knows.

That's fine, I accept the possibility you may be correct despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This is why I do not call myself an Atheist or a believer. I don't pretend to know what cannot be known.

1)The fossil evidence would clearly show that automobiles did evolve over a period of time.

Evolution refers to the process of natural selection, which is not something a lifeless object can be subject. The animals that built those objects, sure.

During my road-trips throughout the Midwest, I observed many deteriorating old tractors, combines and farm implements abandoned in the fields. This old farm machinery was much smaller and simpler than their modern counterparts I saw working the fields. If I didn't know any better, I would think that the giant modern combines and tractors had evolved from their small, simple ancestors.

During my road-trips throughout the Midwest, I observed many deteriorating old tractors, combines and farm implements abandoned in the fields. This old farm machinery was much smaller and simpler than their modern counterparts I saw working the fields. If I didn't know any better, I would think that the giant modern combines and tractors had evolved from their small, simple ancestors.

I get the analogy...but you do know better!

Evolution refers to the process of natural selection, which is not something a lifeless object can be subject. The animals that built those objects, sure.

I looked up the definition for evolution. There are 2 meanings:

ev·o·lu·tion/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun:
1) The process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth

2) The gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form
- the forms of written languages undergo constant evolution

I get the analogy...but you do know better!

Yes, I do know better about the farm machinery. But I don't know know how life evolved from the fossil evidence. Things are not always as they seem.

Last edited:

They key phrase here is " If I didn't know any better...". I feel relatively certain that anthropologists in the future will be able to differentiate between the remains of biological speciman and machinery.

This example is laughable.

They key phrase here is " If I didn't know any better...". I feel relatively certain that anthropologists in the future will be able to differentiate between the remains of biological speciman and machinery.

All I know is that I know very, very, very little compared to the vast realms of the unknown.

All I know is that I know very, very, very little compared to the vast realms of the unknown.

But you are all too willing to toss out all that i known simply because you do not know it all.

But you are all too willing to toss out all that i known simply because you do not know it all.

Tell me what you know.

The definition of evolution has been finally been established today by President Obama.
Evolution means to change your mind about gay marriage. The definition of the word marriage has evolved to include same-sex unions in the president's mind.

Unfortunately, 32 states have passed laws that define marriage as the union between 1 man and 1 woman.

This proves that evolution is just a theory.

Forum List

Back