Have FBI/CIA Creds Been Permanently Damaged?

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
Sen Chuck Schumer to President Trump (via MSMBC): "Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you."

That is true and a chilling reminder that those agencies can (and have) used extra-judicial tactics to protect themselves or serve some nefarious political agenda. For many we trust them mostly because we have no choice … we need courageous Americans to do the dirty work necessary to protect and defend this country. OTOH, as Lord Acton noted, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Gallup's most recent poll - conducted in 2017 - revealed that only 60% of Americans feel they are doing a good or excellent job. One can only wonder how those agencies would fare today.

Has it really been Trump's war on the FBI as The Atlantic would have us believe or vice versa?

The Chilling Effect of Trump’s War on the FBI

The federal gov't, or at least the people running it have been an enemy of the COTUS in my opinion since they murdered all those people in Waco.

The states really need to take their authority back.

Sen Chuck Schumer to President Trump (via MSMBC): "Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you."

That is true and a chilling reminder that those agencies can (and have) used extra-judicial tactics to protect themselves or serve some nefarious political agenda. For many we trust them mostly because we have no choice … we need courageous Americans to do the dirty work necessary to protect and defend this country. OTOH, as Lord Acton noted, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Gallup's most recent poll - conducted in 2017 - revealed that only 60% of Americans feel they are doing a good or excellent job. One can only wonder how those agencies would fare today.

Has it really been Trump's war on the FBI as The Atlantic would have us believe or vice versa?

Those guys are dirty and it will take a generation for them to regain respect. If they start to deserve it.

Both agencies need to be dismantled and rebuilt. Democrats should be identified and removed.

It never was "Trumps war on the FBI/CIA." THEY set HIM up, with the help of all the democrat deep state ops in the intel community. Problem is, they got sloppy, and even though they have the democrat propaganda wing and the corrupt democrats in congress covering up and carrying their water for them, they've been EXPOSED.

Now the big question is, will ANY of them EVER be held accountable? Will ANY of them go to JAIL, like YOU or I would?

It never was "Trumps war on the FBI/CIA." THEY set HIM up, with the help of all the deep state ops in the intel community. Problem is, they got sloppy, and even though they have the democrat propaganda wing and the corrupt democrats in congress covering up and carrying their water for them, they've been EXPOSED.

Now the big question is, will ANY of them EVER be held accountable? Will ANY of them go to JAIL, like YOU or I would?
No. All the dems and reps in congress need to be ousted-the cia needs to be reorganized and most fired, and the FBI their salaries cut in half.

It never was "Trumps war on the FBI/CIA." THEY set HIM up, with the help of all the deep state ops in the intel community. Problem is, they got sloppy, and even though they have the democrat propaganda wing and the corrupt democrats in congress covering up and carrying their water for them, they've been EXPOSED.

No. All the dems and reps in congress need to be ousted-the cia needs to be reorganized and most fired, and the FBI their salaries cut in half.
Well, yes, anyone guilty of corruption and participating in the coup against the president should be held accountable and go to PRISON, PERIOD.

The intel community should probably undergo an entire investigation and revamping... but who's gonna do it? Congress? You mean the same CORRUPT BASTARDS that's in on the coup with them? Hell they'd do all their studies and reorganizations and put all the same TRASH RIGHT BACK.

If you can get beyond the liberal media hype you might be concerned about the political agenda of the CIA. The agency hasn't been on top of any important world event since freaking WW2 and it should have been disbanded and reorganized after their monumental failure of 9-11. They blamed Bush for "outing" socialite Valery Plame and the entire agency couldn't figure out that it was reporter Robert Novak until he confessed. Former CIA chief Brennan is currently engaged in an attempted political coup and the CIA looked the other way when Obama used questionable information from a foreign agent who might have been working for the Russians to conduct an illegal surveillance on a political opponent.

Remember all those people crowing about Eisenhower's warning about the military industrial complex? How are the alphabet agencies any different? Unelected, entrenched, organizations which have no accountability to the voting public.

Vice versa.

An FBI agent shot and killed a woman holding a baby. He did not get in trouble because he was following orders.

I will never forget that.

I think mostly it's the political appointees and their circle at the top that have done most of the damage. All across the board, throughout every federal agency as far as I can tell. The rank and file are going to have their political opinions and that's fine, but they cannot act on them in a preferenced manner. And it is the job of the senior management to make sure that doesn't happen. Alas, instead they are promoting it or so it seems. And the assholes in Congress are not doing their oversight jobs either, nor is the President unless the blame is falling on the other party. The same could be said of the media, honest and unbiased reporting is long gone. I don't think the direction this country is going in is a good one.

I think mostly it's the political appointees and their circle at the top that have done most of the damage. All across the board, throughout every federal agency as far as I can tell. The rank and file are going to have their political opinions and that's fine, but they cannot act on them in a preferenced manner. And it is the job of the senior management to make sure that doesn't happen. Alas, instead they are promoting it or so it seems. And the assholes in Congress are not doing their oversight jobs either, nor is the President unless the blame is falling on the other party. The same could be said of the media, honest and unbiased reporting is long gone. I don't think the direction this country is going in is a good one.
Certainly the FBI/DOJ/CIA/MSM scams & shams have damaged not just their creds but our republic as well, and yeah ... gov't oversight has been sorely lacking when not being used to serve some partisan political agenda. It's bad and no one guy - not even the POTUS - can clean up the mess we've created.

JFK wanted to dismantle the CIA way back when.
Since then it has only gotten worse Now you have not only the CIA but the FBI and the NSA involved in the corruption non too.
These agencies need to be taken down and rebuilt

Forum List

Back