Hate speech charge for a Facebook like....

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This story is from Germany...but it illustrates the danger to free speech that prohibitions again so called 'hate speech' foster...and if you don't think the establishment salivates at the opportunity to co-opt 'hate speech' prohibitions to protect themselves... I've got a bridge to sell ya.

Here's the gist... German citizen LIKES a post on Facebook about the funeral for two slain police officers that says "Not a single moment of silence for these creatures."

The original post is deemed 'hate speech' against the police and that original poster is arrested and their home and electronic devices are searched.

That's bad enough ... but the citizen who only LIKED the post was deemed by police AND the magistrate to have "made the original statement their own" by liking the post...and THEY were also arrest, their home was searched and their electronic devices were seized and also search. So far every police action has been upheld by the legal system.

Slippery Slope has already slipped in Germany. We must continue to fight for protection for ALL free speech here in the US. This includes you on the left. How many times have we seen a supposed victory be twisted to bite the ass of those who championed it?

There should never be such a thing as hate speech or hate crimes in the US. Thank God Biden didn't hire that 'Mary Poppins' dipshit as our national speech monitor. But suppression of free speech is exactly what Democrats crave. This is a very sad time in America.

I'm glad that I'm 68 years closer to the end of my life than to the beginning of it. There's nothing they can do to me and that's 68 years of evil that I won't have to witness.

This story is from Germany...but it illustrates the danger to free speech that prohibitions again so called 'hate speech' foster...and if you don't think the establishment salivates at the opportunity to co-opt 'hate speech' prohibitions to protect themselves... I've got a bridge to sell ya.

Here's the gist... German citizen LIKES a post on Facebook about the funeral for two slain police officers that says "Not a single moment of silence for these creatures."

The original post is deemed 'hate speech' against the police and that original poster is arrested and their home and electronic devices are searched.

That's bad enough ... but the citizen who only LIKED the post was deemed by police AND the magistrate to have "made the original statement their own" by liking the post...and THEY were also arrest, their home was searched and their electronic devices were seized and also search. So far every police action has been upheld by the legal system.

Slippery Slope has already slipped in Germany. We must continue to fight for protection for ALL free speech here in the US. This includes you on the left. How many times have we seen a supposed victory be twisted to bite the ass of those who championed it?

Nothing at all surprising, here. That's the same country that gave us two world wars, Hitler, the Nazis, the great holocaust, and so on.

Forum List

Back