has your local walmart lowered gas prices?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
I have noticed that the walmart in elizabethton tn is still selling gas for the same amount as other places in the area.....has walmart lowered their gas prices 10 cents where you live....or is this like their 'we buy american made' bullmal?

I have noticed that the walmart in elizabethton tn is still selling gas for the same amount as other places in the area.....has walmart lowered their gas prices 10 cents where you live....or is this like their 'we buy american made' bullmal?

They were not able to lower their price in every state; TN might have been one.

Sorry.:confused:

You'll just need to spend more time sittin' on the porch, handling snakes, speaking in tongues, and drinking corn squeezin's in Appalachia.

Last edited:

They were not able to lower their price in every state; TN might have been one.

Sorry.:confused:

You'll just need to spend more time sittin' on the porch, handling snakes, speaking in tongues, and drinking corn squeezin's in Appalachia.

serpents damn it...how many times do i have to tellz ya.....serpent handlers not snake handlers....why do you mock the gifts of the holy spirit....i am still looking for that church in mars hill...they say the give away is the

church of christ 'with signs'

Ours are heading up again, quickly. Right now if I drive 15 min., I can buy at $3.79. Around here though least expensive is $3.87-3.99. 4 days ago, $3.69.

None of our Wal-Marts sell gasoline. But we were able to buy great seedless watermelons at Wal-Mart for $3.88 when everybody else was charging $7.00.

We buy our gas at Kroger. With the Kroger card, we get anywhere between $0.25 to $0.85 off per gallon. Last week I paid $2.35/gallon.

Giant gives us points that we can use to lower the cost of gas per gallon.

but WAWA [think 7-11] has the cheapest gas regionally and used to be able to cut $.05/gal off if you used cash.

The state of PA shut that down though.

Sams club offers gas, but it's no cheaper.

damn it focus this is not about gas prices in general...it is about walmart campaign saying they would lower prices 10 cents for the summer......

so anyone seeing this.....i swear its so hard to get a focus on a single thread

damn it focus this is not about gas prices in general...it is about walmart campaign saying they would lower prices 10 cents for the summer......

so anyone seeing this.....i swear its so hard to get a focus on a single thread

Not enough shiny objects.

aside from that, I have not heard of wal-mart doing such a thing.

Sorry for wandering off topic. mother

:lol: READ THE GAWD DAMN LINK!!!! :lol:

BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is cutting gas prices by 10 cents a gallon for three months to help consumers worried about their spending amid a sputtering economy and busy summer travel season.

“Our customers have told us that high gas prices are a top budget concern, nearly as large an expense to their households as food and groceries,” Chief Marketing Officer Stephen Quinn said in a statement.

Wal-Mart is well aware that rising gas prices and other household costs are squeezing shoppers’ budgets, reporting at its annual shareholders meeting earlier this month that shoppers appear to be focusing on groceries and little else.

To help ease consumers’ worries, the world’s biggest retailer announced Wednesday that customers visiting participating Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations in 18 states through Sept. 30 will receive a discount on all fuel, gas and diesel purchases when they use a reloadable Walmart gift card, Walmart MoneyCard or a Walmart credit card.

Gas prices neared $4 a gallon in late April and early May, but have since fallen to a national average of $3.57 per gallon. Still, the government reported on Monday that Americans spent at the weakest pace in 20 months in May, a sign gas prices may be hurting the economic recovery.

Wal-Mart said the discount will be taken immediately at the gas pump, with no other restrictions or requirements. The Bentonville, Ark. company said that a complete list of participating Walmart and Murphy USA locations can be found at www.walmartstores.com/gasrollback .
Wal-Mart, which had fiscal 2011 sales of $419 billion, has 9,000 stores in 15 countries.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

you get a gas card and use it at the pump,it is discounted 10 cents fom the pump price.

Forum List

Back