Has this been undone by congress or something?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
I keep hearing from the right how Obama has banned all offshore drilling and such...

President Obama opens new areas to offshore drilling

By Juliet Eilperin and Anne E. Kornblut
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 1, 2010

President Obama's decision, announced Wednesday, to approve new oil and gas drilling off U.S. coasts for the first time in decades reflects a high-stakes calculation by the White House: Splitting the difference on the most contentious energy issues could help secure a bipartisan climate deal this year.

In what could represent the biggest expansion of offshore energy exploration in half a century, Obama announced that he will open the door to drilling off Virginia's coast, in other parts of the mid- and south Atlantic, in the eastern Gulf of Mexico, and in waters off Alaska. At the same time, he declared off-limits the waters off the West Coast and in Alaska's Bristol Bay, canceled four scheduled lease sales in Alaska and called for more study before allowing new lease sales in the Chukchi and Beaufort seas.

What Interior Secretary Ken Salazar called "a new direction" in energy policy amounted to an offshore political gerrymander in which the administration barred drilling near states where it remains unpopular -- California and New Jersey -- and allowed it in places where it has significant support, such as Virginia and parts of Alaska and the Southeast.

President Obama opens new areas to offshore drilling - washingtonpost.com

Last edited:
So from the lack of responses I take it that this OP is true and Obama has not banned offshore drilling and cost thousands of jobs?

An incident with a big snake?

On drilling, yes we had bans after the gulf spill but they were lifted.
And new areas were opened up to offshore drilling.

Forum List

Back