Has the obama stimulus worked?

Has the obama stimulus worked?

• Total voters
you're such an idiot

you gave me a link to support your "fact" about job growth because i said it is not a fact, but an estimate.............and what did your link say:

ESTIMATE

nice self pwn hack, use a link to prove that i am right that it is nothing but estimates and not fact

Again:

You

vs.

Top Economic Research Firms and the CBO.

If this were anyone but Obama, you'd be on the same side as me, hack.

are those the same top economic research firms who said we were fine a year and a half ago?

you're such an idiot

you gave me a link to support your "fact" about job growth because i said it is not a fact, but an estimate.............and what did your link say:

ESTIMATE

nice self pwn hack, use a link to prove that i am right that it is nothing but estimates and not fact

Again:

You

vs.

Top Economic Research Firms and the CBO.

If this were anyone but Obama, you'd be on the same side as me, hack.

you're partisan, you said so, this poll and the answers are partisan.....

lol...another self pwn......you admit your answer is nothing but partisan

you're killing to me tonight frodo:lol:

are those the same top economic research firms who said we were fine a year and a half ago?

Far as my knowledge, no. And the CBO is irrelevant to your question anyway.

My point is, the CBO, which was cited by Republicans on here countless times during the Health Care Debate over the past few months is saying that 1.6 million jobs created and 2.5 overall is a "conservative" estimate.

This is what I don't like about some on here (not saying you). A source is alright when it's agreeing with you, but it's worthless when it's not.

I'm looking at it from the perspective that all of our answers are "partisan" because we all came into this thread with our minds already made up about this issue. Nobody's mind has been changed in this thread. I could throw up page after page of evidence, but you'd just scoff and troll at it more.

I'm not going to waste my time with your childish antics Yurt. I have the facts, you have your emotions, and that's about it.

Depends upon how you mean "worked".

Stimulated the economy....No.

Paid off a bunch of Democrat Party loyalist butt boys?....Yes.

Dude, I know your DNA is hardwired to hate me BUT...

Stimulus aside: Do you believe the economy has not improved in the last year?

Do you call 9.7% unemployment in this country "improving?"---:lol::lol: & Expected to be higher than 9% for the entire 2010 year GOOD?

My point is, the CBO, which was cited by Republicans on here countless times during the Health Care Debate over the past few months is saying that 1.6 million jobs created and 2.5 overall is a "conservative" estimate.

This is what I don't like about some on here (not saying you). A source is alright when it's agreeing with you, but it's worthless when it's not.

Exactly where are the 1.6 million new jobs?

Depends upon how you mean "worked".

Stimulated the economy....No.

Paid off a bunch of Democrat Party loyalist butt boys?....Yes.

Dude, I know your DNA is hardwired to hate me BUT...

Stimulus aside: Do you believe the economy has not improved in the last year?

Do you call 9.7% unemployment in this country "improving?"---:lol::lol: & Expected to be higher than 9% for the entire 2010 year GOOD?

it will vary around 10 percent for quite a while. It always varies given the fact there is seasonal and frictional unemployment.

it will vary around 10 percent for quite a while. It always varies given the fact there is seasonal and frictional unemployment.

People seem to be intentionally forgetting that historically, employment is always the last thing to recover after a recession.

Exactly where are the 1.6 million new jobs?

Dog's contention is that the jobs we have lost since Obama was elected would have been 1.6 million greater in number had the stimulus bill not been passed.

People seem to be intentionally forgetting that historically, employment is always the last thing to recover after a recession.

that is correct. it is a lagging part of any recovery. always will be. the dems know this and they will do all they can to pass another stimulus to improve the jobs numbers before november.

That's B.S. First of all there is no economic recovery without JOBS. Lagging indicator give me a freaking break. Employees are ALWAYS the first to come on line when the economy improves & the very 1st indicator (of lay-offs) when the economy is in a down trend. That's why employment numbers are measured on a weekly basis--with a monthly overview.

READ THE LATEST "WEEKLY REPORT."

UNEMPLOYMENT UNEXPECTEDLY RISES OVER LAST WEEK--ALONG WITH INFLATION.

News Headlines

Last edited:

I'm looking at it from the perspective that all of our answers are "partisan" because we all came into this thread with our minds already made up about this issue. Nobody's mind has been changed in this thread. I could throw up page after page of evidence, but you'd just scoff and troll at it more.

I'm not going to waste my time with your childish antics Yurt. I have the facts, you have your emotions, and that's about it.

no, you have ESTIMATES

that you don't know the difference only shows you're a hack. that you accept obama's opinion as non partisan, but everyone on this thread as partisan, shows you're nothing more than a hack

its sad really, alot of people here like you. maybe they hope you'll someday stop being a hack.

that is correct. it is a lagging part of any recovery. always will be. the dems know this and they will do all they can to pass another stimulus to improve the jobs numbers before november.

Employment IS NOT A lagging indicator---:cuckoo::cuckoo: Employment numbers are measured on a weekly basis with a monthly overview. Employees are the 1st to get laid off during a down cycle--& the first to get hired back once an employer sees improvement in DEMAND for their goods or services.

The problem--we have no DEMAND for goods or services.

And the Republicans will do anything to stop it. That way when the economy recovers and they're in charge, they can take credit for it. Especially when they've been claiming since day one that the stimulus was a failure when it's the exact opposite.

And the Republicans will do anything to stop it. That way when the economy recovers and they're in charge, they can take credit for it. Especially when they've been claiming since day one that the stimulus was a failure when it's the exact opposite.

i don't think the economy will recover any time soon no matter who is in charge.

Employment IS NOT A lagging indicator---:cuckoo::cuckoo: Employment numbers are measured on a weekly basis with a monthly overview. Employees are the 1st to get laid off during a down cycle--& the first to get hired back once an employer sees improvement in DEMAND for their goods or services.

The problem--we have no DEMAND for goods or services.

oh really? it isn't a lagging indicator? you think employment is the only factor that goes into a recovery from a recession?

I suppose that would depend on what the Stimulus was meant to do.

If it was meant to help our economy recover, then no. It obviously hasn't.

If it was meant to weaken our economy and pay back the Obama supporters with Pork, then yes it has.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Forum List

Back