Has anyone else heard this?

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
In the last 6 months i've heard from 3 people in the military who were reupping that officers are being asked if they would fire on US citizens if a situation arose that called for it. The first two I heard it from were younger and reupping for the first time. But I guy i just heard it from is career and said it was the first time he'd ever been asked it and was really concerned about it.

I'm wondering if anyone else here who has been in the military knows if this is standard or a new thing, or if anyone else has heard the same?

There's another thread about this somewhere...someone heard something, apparently.

In the last 6 months i've heard from 3 people in the military who were reupping that officers are being asked if they would fire on US citizens if a situation arose that called for it. The first two I heard it from were younger and reupping for the first time. But I guy i just heard it from is career and said it was the first time he'd ever been asked it and was really concerned about it.

I'm wondering if anyone else here who has been in the military knows if this is standard or a new thing, or if anyone else has heard the same?

I knew a guy whose sister's ex husband served soup in the Italian Restaurant next to the office of the Army recruiters office and he said one of his customers heard that the Army recruiters told the students at the local high school that it was the Navy which asked such questions. Fortunately, most of the high school recruits were smart and figured out it was all bullshit and enlisted in the Navy. The dumb ones spent their time in the mud eating MRE's while the smart ones slept in a warm rack and ate hot meals three times a day.

I knew a guy whose sister's ex husband served soup in the Italian Restaurant next to the office of the Army recruiters office and he said one of his customers heard that the Army recruiters told the students at the local high school that it was the Navy which asked such questions. Fortunately, most of the high school recruits were smart and figured out it was all bullshit and enlisted in the Navy. The dumb ones spent their time in the mud eating MRE's while the smart ones slept in a warm rack and ate hot meals three times a day.

I'll tell you what. I know these 3 guys don't lie. So your hearsay means pretty much nothing.

yeah yeah yeah.

some guy on the internets told me it must be true

geeeese

My son and i talked about this a few months ago. He's 10 yrs in the Army, now with Spec. Ops....he said it'll never happen. Not the way Obama would want it to. Ya, you'll get some of the military to go along with it, but not enough. He believes the majority would be fighting FOR the US citizens and against the govt, no matter what our govt told them to do. I'll have to ask him if he's ever been asked that question....

I'll tell you what. I know these 3 guys don't lie. So your hearsay means pretty much nothing.

LOL, that wasn't heresay; it was a parody of a silly post you want others to believe, sans any evidence.

My son and i talked about this a few months ago. He's 10 yrs in the Army, now with Spec. Ops....he said it'll never happen. Not the way Obama would want it to. Ya, you'll get some of the military to go along with it, but not enough. He believes the majority would be fighting FOR the US citizens and against the govt, no matter what our govt told them to do. I'll have to ask him if he's ever been asked that question....

So what is it you believe Obama wants the military to do?

where is ANY proof of your claim that Obama plans to have the military fire on citizens?

where is ANY proof of your claim that Obama plans to have the military fire on citizens?
James Garrow. Gen William Boykin.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens' - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

James Garrow. Gen William Boykin.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens' - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

"General Boykin, a longtime commander of Special Operations forces, first caused controversy after the Sept. 11 attacks when, as a senior Pentagon official, he described the fight against terrorism as a Christian battle against Satan. His remarks, made in numerous speeches to church groups, were publicly repudiated by President George W. Bush, who argued that America’s war was not with Islam but with violent fanatics."

Link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/u...lim-remarks-cancels-west-point-talk.html?_r=0

It has to do with recruitment. They'll start really focusing on recruiting inner city losers..to do that they're going to have to relax the restrictions that currently prevent criminals from enlisting. Watch for that.

It has to do with recruitment. They'll start really focusing on recruiting inner city losers..to do that they're going to have to relax the restrictions that currently prevent criminals from enlisting. Watch for that.

Not only have you believed this fantasy, but you're creating scenerios based on it.

Scarey.

Forum List

Back