Harvard Prof Gates Is Half-Irish, Related to Cop Who Arrested Him

wasn't he the guy who said he "discovered to my horror I had white blood" or was that someone else??
Someone else, or no one at all.

Shame on you Ravi,, I knew this had been posted once,, yes,, gates was horrifed to find out he was 57% white.. yep,, he's a racist..

American Thinker: Impersonating a Victim
The next time the American Thinker posts something factual will be the first. Read the link that Del posted above, it gives the accurate quotes of what Gates really said.

7853d1248844846-harvard-prof-gates-is-half-irish-related-to-cop-who-arrested-him-motivational_poster_irony.jpg

That's not irony!!!

Clearly the dead man with the lightning bolt in his chest was lying on the street first, and then someone thought of the brilliant idea to make a warning sign and put it right beside him!

It's a FORGERY!!!

Someone else, or no one at all.

Shame on you Ravi,, I knew this had been posted once,, yes,, gates was horrifed to find out he was 57% white.. yep,, he's a racist..

The next time the American Thinker posts something factual will be the first. Read the link that Del posted above, it gives the accurate quotes of what Gates really said.

From Willy's article. This kills me :

:lol:

[FONT=times new roman,times]"We have now all heard the verbal abuse Gates hurled at the officer -- who was called to protect his property. Gates theatrical reaction to the situation: "This is what happens to a black man in America!" What? Returning to your posh residence from your trip to China and having a neighbor look out for you by reporting suspicious behavior in your upper-crusty neighborhood and having a white public servant come check on your place for you -- is that what "happens" to you in America, Dr. Gates? Swing low sweet chariot.[/FONT]"

"Henry Louis Gates Jr., the black professor at the center of the racial story involving his arrest outside his Harvard University-owned house, has spoken proudly of his Irish roots. Strangely enough, he and the Cambridge, Mass., police officer who arrested him, Sgt. James Crowley, both trace their ancestry back to the legendary Niall of the Nine Hostages."

:clap2: :rofl:

this gates story is the gift that keeps on giving...

Harvard Prof Gates Is Half-Irish, Related to Cop Who Arrested Him - ABC News

Yeah them and about 1/4th of all Irishmen can trace their roots back to Niall.

And, amazingly, geneticists have recently discovered that they're not entirely full of shit when they say that they're the offspring of that Irish royal, too.

Naill was one of the legendary progenitors of the earth.

Seriously, he had hundreds of wives and thousands of kids and his blood is therefore spread all over the earth where-ever Irisihmen congregate.

As did Ghenghis (or was it one of his sons?) Khan, BTW. His seed is, as I recall, the most prolifically spread about known to man.

most all mongols today claim relationship to Genghis khan....saw a program on history channel where a geneticist did dna of like 8 guys at a university that all claimed roots to him, though they did not think they were related to eachother, they all had different family backgrounds and low and behold THEY ALL WERE RELATED TO HIM!

From Willy's article. This kills me :

[FONT=times new roman,times]"We have now all heard the verbal abuse Gates hurled at the officer -- who was called to protect his property. Gates theatrical reaction to the situation: "This is what happens to a black man in America!" What? Returning to your posh residence from your trip to China and having a neighbor look out for you by reporting suspicious behavior in your upper-crusty neighborhood and having a white public servant come check on your place for you -- is that what "happens" to you in America, Dr. Gates? Swing low sweet chariot.[/FONT]"
:rofl: I missed that.

"Henry Louis Gates Jr., the black professor at the center of the racial story involving his arrest outside his Harvard University-owned house, has spoken proudly of his Irish roots. Strangely enough, he and the Cambridge, Mass., police officer who arrested him, Sgt. James Crowley, both trace their ancestry back to the legendary Niall of the Nine Hostages."

We are all related to Adam and Eve. Except, of course, the atheists who are related to pond scum.

Ah hell, a spat between two Irishman...what's the big deal...LOL

There is no big deal----people who are bitchy to cops get charged and released all the time.

AND the question is, DOES that make it right and just and lawful and constitutional just because cops do this all the time?

I have nothing against cops, my whole family is made of cops, my uncle Joe, my uncle Jimmy and my brother in law were all cops...

I don't have this THING against cops....

I have this thing, for Justice and the American Way! :D

I love the Law, love reading it and deciphering it and putting it up against our Constitution...this is ALL FUN, FOR ME, while hopefully learning a thing or two in the process!

I also do not believe Crowley arrested Gates because he was Black....I do believe he arrested him because he was irritated as crap at him for being such a pain in the arse, and that if gates were white, and acting up, he would have done the same...he let the circumstance get the best of him.... as with Gates, he too was having a bad day.

I also believe, from all that have read on the legal issue of this, that his arrest was Unwarranted, under massachusetts law.

Was gates the ONLY person this happens to in Boston....CERTAINLY NOT.

Was gates the only person this happens to across the USA, CERTAINLY NOT.

The Gates case gives the opportunity to ARGUE, the ARGUMENT on disorderly conduct laws throughout America...whether they infringe on the First Amendment.

There is also the Argument in this case as to whether Crowley legally entered the home of Gates without warrant or suspicion, and there is the Argument as to why Crowley did not follow Massachusetts law and provide gates with his State issued Identification card for Policemen after asked 3 times and what kind of punishable action can occur for this...?
There is also the argument as to why Crowley would invite a supposedly tumultuous man OUTSIDE and endanger the public...was it a set up, for the disorderly charge because Crowley, had just had enough of him?

We are all related to Adam and Eve. Except, of course, the atheists who are related to pond scum.
What? More abuse?

If you go far back enough, we are all related to pond scum.

Playing the race victim has been Gates' stock in trade since 1970:

He wrote in his Yale University application, "As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."

Whether Gates should or should not have been upset is not a question of legality. I may not agree with all of Care4All points, but the essential part is absolutely correct. However irritated the cop may be, they are not given authority to arrest on the basis of annoyance. Here's a judgment in a similar case:

Duran v Douglas, Arizona
Federal Court of Appeals
9th Circuit

Missing from the record here is any legitimate, articulate reason for Aguilar to have detained Duran. There was no evidence of a danger to public safety, and Aguilar was not executing a warrant. Nor is there any evidence that Duran was in possession of a controlled substance or had been or was about to be engaged in criminal activity...

What then is left? Defendant relies heavily on the fact that Duran was making obscene gestures toward him and yelling profanities in Spanish while traveling along a rural Arizona highway. We cannot, of course, condone Duran's conduct; it was boorish, crass and, initially at least, unjustified. Our hard-working law enforcement officers surely deserve better treatment from members of the public. But disgraceful as Duran's behavior may have been, it was not illegal; criticism of the police is not a crime. Houston v. Hill, 482 U.S. 451, 461-63, 107 S.Ct. 2502, 2509-10, 96 L.Ed.2d 398 (1987).

Aguilar further contends that, even if Duran's verbal conduct was otherwise protected, he believed that it constituted disorderly conduct or a disturbing of the peace. However, because the car was traveling late at night on a deserted road on the outskirts of town, Duran's conduct could not have disturbed the peace or incited a riot; Aguilar has presented no evidence showing that it could have.4 Nor could Duran's conduct suggest that he had committed or was about to commit any other illegal act. Indeed, one would expect someone engaged in shady business to act in a more stealthy fashion than did the plaintiff here. In sum, we don't see how Duran's boisterous conduct--tasteless though it may have been--gave Aguilar any cause to detain him. Absent such cause, the stop and detention was illegal and may be the subject of liability.

Allow me to prove myself."
How is that playing the victim?
:lol::lol::lol:

You're dishonest, even with yourself? Oh wait, quoting out of context is okay only for you, right? You have to clip Gates' quote to find the only reasonable and decent thing in it, then claim I said that part was playing the victim. Means you have no actual argument, doesn't it? And that you're simply a liar at your core.

Gates is a career race victim. It got him where he is today, got him into Yale, and because he couldn't control it, got him arrested.

MM, do you have an actual link to his application? Reason I ask is I'm not sure if this is an internet rumor or not.

I'd also like to see the context.

I'm also not going to hold something against someone that they wrote as a teen forty years ago when having to prove yourself to "whitey" was a pretty common place occurrence.

MM, do you have an actual link to his application? Reason I ask is I'm not sure if this is an internet rumor or not.

I'd also like to see the context.

I'm also not going to hold something against someone that they wrote as a teen forty years ago when having to prove yourself to "whitey" was a pretty common place occurrence.
It's common knowledge Ravi, this is what he put on his application. And there's NO taking it out of context, it just is what it is.

But I see you're excusing it, so it doesn't really matter. However if a white had used the n-word exactly like this, on his application to Grambling State, do you think he would have gotten in?

Gates is a professional, lifelong career race victim is the point.

Here's your link:

Gates, an intellectual drawn back into the arena - wtop.com

Playing the race victim has been Gates' stock in trade since 1970:

He wrote in his Yale University application, "As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."

And I suppose you have a link that would prove he actually wrote that...

Forum List

Back