Harvard law professor wants to ban home schooling "it's dangerous to society and children".

During the Coronavirus crisis, many people who have never even considered homeschooling have been thrust into the practice.

Your a mental nut first off beeeeech.
Now you know why we have " liberal universities" or why we have leftist filtered so heavily thorough out our most needed systems from medicals..
Most are democratic pricks now imagine your lifeo n the line with one of these mental nnuts who found out you support Trump lol.

The only reason this control freak says htis is because they can't brainwash your kids you morons!!! They can't get them to hate You and not them.
Incase you can't figure it out they have you send your kids off as early as they can so they can INDOCTRINATE THE FK OUT OF THEM giving worse products each generation. The democrats today are tomorrows Hitlers. and Stalins Democratic whores never see this nor their control of ppl illness.

If more leftist tards had a brain they wouldn't hate Trump and you all do because you PARROT those feelings weak minds are easy to bait.

If only demonic twats knew why they are so dam dumb.

“The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America — A Chronological Paper Trail”, will change forever the way you look at your child’s education. Written by whistleblower Charlotte T. Iserbyt, it is the result of what she discovered while working in the US Department of Education and her subsequent research on the subject. First published in 1999, the original edition of the book contains 743 pages replete with documentation of the policies, conversations and events that led up to the way our educational system is run today.

“Exposing the Global Road to Ruin Through Education” is an 8-DVD/CD Set containing speeches and round tables featuring Charlotte Iserbyt with some of the country’s foremost education researchers. It covers everything from one teacher’s experiences in the globally-controlled classroom, to a speech by Rosa Koire, author of “Behind the Green Mask”. Koire spoke on the dangers of regionalism. Regionalism is the path to globalism, and an attempt to replace local control and influence every aspect of our lives.
Predictions made in this book — “Back to Basics Reform or OBE Skinnerian International Curriculum” — published in 1985, 1993, and 2004, have come true. The book — which spells out clearly how OBE, Goals 2000, No Child Left Behind, and School-to-Work would be implemented — was boycotted by major conservative organizations. Read it and ask yourself “Why?” The book has sold 50,000 copies to grassroots organizations.
“Soviets in the Classroom” — first published in 1989 — is an important piece of work which outlines the agreements made between our government and the Soviets with regard to education. Included is a timeline starting from the 1930s on, which lists important events related to this transformation.
----------------------------------------

and you wonder why your so easy

Wolf Administration is Caught Adding Up to 269 Fake Coronavirus Deaths to State Totals the Day After Anti-Lockdown Protests in Pennsylvania
Home schooling is a threat to the lib public education monopoly

it prevents liberals from brainwashing children in the public schools

How can there be a monopoly if private and home schooling are options?
90% or more qualifies as a monopoly

Well, since it is less than 90%, I guess it does not meet your definition. Also, is that not by choice?
Well gosh.

I used 90% off the top of my head

so just for my own information I decided to see how far I was off

according to the far leftwing government school loving Huffington Post I was exactly right

If that is true, homeschooling and private schools are becoming less popular than before. How do you explain that?
I dont know if thats true or not

But I have heard that public school teachers are really keen to get their kids in private school

Most of the time it is because of the demons that infest the schools, making learning impossible.
Lib public schools, lib demons

Not lib schools, but any school. I had a great high school in Florida, but my youngest would ask me every day, "How many got arrested today, Daddy?"

The problem was the state's attorney that refused to prosecute the little bastards.
I concede thers are some good teachers in public schools

but the system is broken as well as being slanted to the left

charter schools were are a little better

my cousin’s husband taught in the Duncanville public schools

he was ready to walk away because some days he had to retreat to a janitors closet to calm down and regain his composer

but then he was transferred to a charter school where it was just enough better for him to stand it till he retired

there are many stories like that all over America

So why shouldn't the converse be true? I taught in a rural school here in KY that never had a student fight all year! Not one!

Wow. Were they handing out Thorazine and saltpeter dosing every morning? :auiqs.jpg:

No, but I am sure that was a regimen in your school for you.

Nope. We had black-robed nuns wielding hickory sticks. In retrospect, it was like school run by many Darth Vader clones.
So I have heard

but you must admit that you and your classmates were pretty rowdy and it took a good wallop to keep you in line

"Tolerance for other people's viewpoints" in this case equals tolerance for politically-sanctioned viewpoints.

Elizabeth Bartholet, faculty director of Harvard Law School’s Child Advocacy Program, told the magazine that homeschooling deprives children of their right to a "meaningful education." She cites no law that requires a child to receive a "meaningful" education (because there is no such law in the U.S.) but defines it thusly: "But it’s also important that children grow up exposed to community values, social values, democratic values, ideas about nondiscrimination and tolerance of other people’s viewpoints." (Nothing about reading, writing, and 'rithmetic in her formula, it ought to be noted.)

Harvard Law Prof Calls for Ban on Homeschooling, Saying It's 'Dangerous' to Leave Children with Their Parents 24/7

I have met a couple home schooled people. One was a cashier at Claire's. The other one installed carpet.

The one at Claire's didn't know who. Dwight D. Eisenhower was Seriously. She asked me "What is an Eisenhower?" I couldn't believe my ears. I explained to her he was a General in WW II then president in the 50s. She had never heard of him. She had a very vague idea of what WW II was. She said wasn't that the war in the 1940s? I wasn't surprised when she told me she was home schooled.

The other one didn't know much of anything about WW II. When I asked him he said "oh I watched Saving Private Ryan." That was his full extent of education and knowledge of WW II.

There aren't any uniform guidelines and people who have no training in teaching are allowed to teach children.

I don't believe that home schooling should be allowed. It denies the children a proper and complete education which denies our society of properly educated people. So they end up in a lifetime of low wage jobs and poverty with taxpayers supplementing their income so they can survive.

During the Coronavirus crisis, many people who have never even considered homeschooling have been thrust into the practice.

Now you know why we have " liberal universities" or why we have leftist filtered so heavily thorough out our most needed systems from medicals..
Most are democratic pricks now imagine your lifeo n the line with one of these mental nnuts who found out you support Trump lol.

The only reason this control freak says htis is because they can't brainwash your kids you morons!!! They can't get them to hate You and not them.
Incase you can't figure it out they have you send your kids off as early as they can so they can INDOCTRINATE THE FK OUT OF THEM giving worse products each generation. The democrats today are tomorrows Hitlers. and Stalins Democratic whores never see this nor their control of ppl illness.

If more leftist tards had a brain they wouldn't hate Trump and you all do because you PARROT those feelings weak minds are easy to bait.

“The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America — A Chronological Paper Trail”, will change forever the way you look at your child’s education. Written by whistleblower Charlotte T. Iserbyt, it is the result of what she discovered while working in the US Department of Education and her subsequent research on the subject. First published in 1999, the original edition of the book contains 743 pages replete with documentation of the policies, conversations and events that led up to the way our educational system is run today.

“Exposing the Global Road to Ruin Through Education” is an 8-DVD/CD Set containing speeches and round tables featuring Charlotte Iserbyt with some of the country’s foremost education researchers. It covers everything from one teacher’s experiences in the globally-controlled classroom, to a speech by Rosa Koire, author of “Behind the Green Mask”. Koire spoke on the dangers of regionalism. Regionalism is the path to globalism, and an attempt to replace local control and influence every aspect of our lives.
Predictions made in this book — “Back to Basics Reform or OBE Skinnerian International Curriculum” — published in 1985, 1993, and 2004, have come true. The book — which spells out clearly how OBE, Goals 2000, No Child Left Behind, and School-to-Work would be implemented — was boycotted by major conservative organizations. Read it and ask yourself “Why?” The book has sold 50,000 copies to grassroots organizations.
“Soviets in the Classroom” — first published in 1989 — is an important piece of work which outlines the agreements made between our government and the Soviets with regard to education. Included is a timeline starting from the 1930s on, which lists important events related to this transformation.

Wolf Administration is Caught Adding Up to 269 Fake Coronavirus Deaths to State Totals the Day After Anti-Lockdown Protests in Pennsylvania

Well, since it is less than 90%, I guess it does not meet your definition. Also, is that not by choice?
Well gosh.

according to the far leftwing government school loving Huffington Post I was exactly right

If that is true, homeschooling and private schools are becoming less popular than before. How do you explain that?

But I have heard that public school teachers are really keen to get their kids in private school

Most of the time it is because of the demons that infest the schools, making learning impossible.

Not lib schools, but any school. I had a great high school in Florida, but my youngest would ask me every day, "How many got arrested today, Daddy?"

The problem was the state's attorney that refused to prosecute the little bastards.

he was ready to walk away because some days he had to retreat to a janitors closet to calm down and regain his composer

but then he was transferred to a charter school where it was just enough better for him to stand it till he retired

So why shouldn't the converse be true? I taught in a rural school here in KY that never had a student fight all year! Not one!
Neither of us can sit here and judge every individual school in America

thats why I support school choice where the education dollars follow the students where they and their parents decide to go

Why should the parents get to decide? Most of them are morons anyway.
Yeah sure

the kids belong to you and the other public teachers not the parents

Where did I say anything of the sort? I believe home schooling has its place and usage, but this bullshit that "everyone can do it" is a crock of shit!

"Tolerance for other people's viewpoints" in this case equals tolerance for politically-sanctioned viewpoints.

Elizabeth Bartholet, faculty director of Harvard Law School’s Child Advocacy Program, told the magazine that homeschooling deprives children of their right to a "meaningful education." She cites no law that requires a child to receive a "meaningful" education (because there is no such law in the U.S.) but defines it thusly: "But it’s also important that children grow up exposed to community values, social values, democratic values, ideas about nondiscrimination and tolerance of other people’s viewpoints." (Nothing about reading, writing, and 'rithmetic in her formula, it ought to be noted.)

Harvard Law Prof Calls for Ban on Homeschooling, Saying It's 'Dangerous' to Leave Children with Their Parents 24/7

I have met a couple home schooled people. One was a cashier at Claire's. The other one installed carpet.

The one at Claire's didn't know who. Dwight D. Eisenhower was Seriously. She asked me "What is an Eisenhower?" I couldn't believe my ears. I explained to her he was a General in WW II then president in the 50s. She had never heard of him. She had a very vague idea of what WW II was. She said wasn't that the war in the 1940s? I wasn't surprised when she told me she was home schooled.

The other one didn't know much of anything about WW II. When I asked him he said "oh I watched Saving Private Ryan." That was his full extent of education and knowledge of WW II.

There aren't any uniform guidelines and people who have no training in teaching are allowed to teach children.

I don't believe that home schooling should be allowed. It denies the children a proper and complete education which denies our society of properly educated people. So they end up in a lifetime of low wage jobs and poverty with taxpayers supplementing their income so they can survive.

Horseshit.

Harvard law professor wants to ban home schooling "it's dangerous to society and children".
Let's be clear the real story here:
  1. Home-schooled kids actually learn and test better than the hideous government-run public schools where they are subjected to bullying, metal detectors, school lunches, germs, and social indoctrination. Parents actually have a hand at guiding the learning of their children to learn the values and things THEY set for them. And it takes both the government and the teacher's union out of the loop.
  2. By extension, if you can learn grade school at home, then why not college material? With the exception of certain materials like labs and other equipment only an institution can provide, most of college can be done at home with books and on-line reading, making places like Harvard increasingly obsolete, fat and bloated.
That is what these universities and professors really fear-- -- no longer getting a fellowship to stay on and teach a cushy campus job but to have to actually go out into the real world and get a job.

The world isn't all about testing.

Homeschooled kids have trouble making friends and have trouble having conversations with other kids their age. They have difficulty taking other kids ideas into consideration and don't know how to explain their opinions to others. Homeschooled kids don't learn how to socialize as human beings.

A good friend of mine's wife insisted on homeschooling her kids. Her children grew up without any real friends and when you tried to hold a conversation with them it was like talking to a wall. They are all still living at home because they were never made to work or do anything on their own.
Do you want to take a guess as to why you are wrong about this?

Let me give you a hint.

When you went to school, did you make friends with everyone, or did you have a small circle of friends that you pretty much hung out with exclusively?

This assumes you weren't shunned and bullied (a very common occurrence in public indoctrination centers)

It's amazing that I can type all the reason the schools are NOT indoctrination centers but the talking points are just too easy.
Nice that you can speak for all schools in the nation! I could fill a binder with reports on how they are!

have you ever taken a look at ALL the videos of college kids who couldn't answer those questions and many more? Sometimes you can get 'graduate' students who can't answer those questions.

Homeschooled kids actually do better than public kids.

Well gosh.

thats why I support school choice where the education dollars follow the students where they and their parents decide to go

Yeah sure

Where did I say anything of the sort? I believe home schooling has its place and usage, but this bullshit that "everyone can do it" is a crock of shit!
In every profession on the planet, those in that profession think that theirs is the most important and the hardest to do.

Turns out that is about 98% wrong.

Homeschooled kids have trouble making friends and have trouble having conversations with other kids their age. They have difficulty taking other kids ideas into consideration and don't know how to explain their opinions to others. Homeschooled kids don't learn how to socialize as human beings.
OH REALLY? That's a new one on me! You mean homeschooled kids don't go out in the afternoon and play with the other kids?
You mean kids going to public school don't spend their every waking minute with their nose buried in a smartphone typing away?
You mean homeschooled kids don't have parents and family siblings around all day long to interact with?
You mean homeschooled kids don't get the whole summer off to run and play too?
You better go back and reexamine your theory.

Homeschool kids go out in the afternoon and play with other kids and lecture them about how awful public schools are

--From a mom who's been there, and why I no longer vocally support homeschooling in the teachers' lounge, because homeschoolers turn their kids into little lecturers and worse

So in other words, they go out as elitist little snobs who think they're better than others. Perfect little Republicans who will be so thoroughly convinced of their own superiority, that they close their minds to any new idea.

have you ever taken a look at ALL the videos of college kids who couldn't answer those questions and many more? Sometimes you can get 'graduate' students who can't answer those questions.

OK, how do you know this? There is no way to compare the two objectively. I hate when people use propaganda they have "heard" as justification for their position.

Last edited:

Well gosh.

Yeah sure

In every profession on the planet, those in that profession think that theirs is the most important and the hardest to do.

Turns out that is about 98% wrong.

Without teachers, how do you get any other profession?

OH REALLY? That's a new one on me! You mean homeschooled kids don't go out in the afternoon and play with the other kids?
You mean kids going to public school don't spend their every waking minute with their nose buried in a smartphone typing away?
You mean homeschooled kids don't have parents and family siblings around all day long to interact with?

Homeschool kids go out in the afternoon and play with other kids and lecture them about how awful public schools are

--From a mom who's been there, and why I no longer vocally support homeschooling in the teachers' lounge, because homeschoolers turn their kids into little lecturers and worse

So in other words, they go out as elitist little snobs who think they're better than others. Perfect little Republicans who will be so thoroughly convinced of their own superiority, that they close their minds to any new idea.

They ARE better than others.

Schooling isn't just about reading, writing and arithmetic. You need to learn to work well with others. If you cant work well with others - either inspiring them with your leadership, or as part of a project team, you're not going to get far in today's collaberative work spaces.

When I worked on Bay Street, we often worked on large projects. We would each be assigned one small part, working with the supervising lawyer. We had to be able to work whoever the lead attorney was on any project, and be adaptable to their requirements - every lawyer has a different work style

The only thing Republicans can do is to cut taxes and crater the economy. And gerrymander. Gerrymandering is their super power. It's enabled them to hold the House through 6 years under Bush, and 6 years under Obama, all while losing the popular vote for the House, by a wide margin.

Voter suppression and gerrymandering, are coming to an end. Republicans are losing state houses because people have had enough of governance for and by the corporate elites. It's not working for the PEOPLE, and Republicans keep trying to sell their bad fiscal ideas which have cratered your economy, yet again.

When this happens, it's not the rich Wall Street guys who lose their jobs, their houses, and lives. It's always the "essential" workers. The bus drivers, the day care workers, the grocery store clerks,, and in a pandemic, the nurses and doctors who were forced to treat patients with no proper protective gear, and many of whom paid with their lives for that shortcoming.

In 2008, Wall Street got a bailout, and over one million American workers lost their homes. The PEOPLE need the bailout this time, and they've fucking well earned it.

Schooling isn't just about reading, writing and arithmetic.

Indeed, but imparting that knowledge is the primary duty of schools, along with history.

To think critically about a subject, one must first have something inside their head about which to think critically.

Schooling isn't just about reading, writing and arithmetic. You need to learn to work well with others. If you cant work well with others - either inspiring them with your leadership, or as part of a project team, you're not going to get far in today's collaberative work spaces.

When I worked on Bay Street, we often worked on large projects. We would each be assigned one small part, working with the supervising lawyer. We had to be able to work whoever the lead attorney was on any project, and be adaptable to their requirements - every lawyer has a different work style

The only thing Republicans can do is to cut taxes and crater the economy. And gerrymander. Gerrymandering is their super power. It's enabled them to hold the House through 6 years under Bush, and 6 years under Obama, all while losing the popular vote for the House, by a wide margin.

Voter suppression and gerrymandering, are coming to an end. Republicans are losing state houses because people have had enough of governance for and by the corporate elites. It's not working for the PEOPLE, and Republicans keep trying to sell their bad fiscal ideas which have cratered your economy, yet again.

When this happens, it's not the rich Wall Street guys who lose their jobs, their houses, and lives. It's always the "essential" workers. The bus drivers, the day care workers, the grocery store clerks,, and in a pandemic, the nurses and doctors who were forced to treat patients with no proper protective gear, and many of whom paid with their lives for that shortcoming.

In 2008, Wall Street got a bailout, and over one million American workers lost their homes. The PEOPLE need the bailout this time, and they've fucking well earned it.
^^^ This is why our schools are failing us.

Our school cannot even do the basics right, and you're out there talking about building teamwork (which by the way, is what sports do).

Kids learn teamwork and how to work well together in or out of school. Just like leaning social etiquette. They get that from relationships that can and are formed outside do schools.

As I said, everyone had their clique of friends they hung out with, played with, and learned what it meant to have close personal ties. It has never been necessary that kids attend a 200 or 500, or 1000 kid school to learn the values of friendships and teamwork.

I've seen no evidence that Republicans are losing statehouses. the gerrymandering issue is one for you and the left because you had that tactic taken away from you and you don't like it.

Well gosh.

Yeah sure

Home schooling is not so different from distance learning over the internet that students are doing right now be ause the school buildings are closed

we can do much more of it in the future although brick and mortar still have their place also

But I prefer private schools over the public schools because of the liberal brainwashing

Well gosh.

Yeah sure

Home schooling is not so different from distance learning over the internet that students are doing right now be ause the school buildings are closed

we can do much more of it in the future although brick and mortar still have their place also

But I prefer private schools over the public schools because of the liberal brainwashing

The problem is that this "liberal brainwashing" has only occurred in your head. Very few schools are anything like you conservatards think they are. Of course you would not know that since the last time you were in a school was probably when they handed you your diploma or walking papers.

Well gosh.

Yeah sure

The problem is that this "liberal brainwashing" has only occurred in your head. Very few schools are anything like you conservatards think they are. Of course you would not know that since the last time you were in a school was probably when they handed you your diploma or walking papers.
no need to be insulting

except that public teacher do feel entitled to their job and to hell with the parents

Well gosh.

Yeah sure

no need to be insulting

except that public teacher do feel entitled to their job and to hell with the parents
Yeah, and I am sure you know literally hundreds if not thousands of teachers.

Well gosh.

Yeah sure

no need to be insulting

Are you a typical public school teacher?

Well gosh.

Yeah sure

no need to be insulting

Are you a typical public school teacher?

I was typical, but I retired from teaching two years ago.

Forum List

Back