Harry Reid not a worthy Mormon? LDS Church, Dems cry foul

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I was just wondering why the left wing never brings up Harry's "magic" underwear. It is about time those of faith speak out against those like Harry.

In the aftermath of this week’s elections, an LDS bishop in Los Angeles set off political fireworks by asserting in a blog that Mormon Sen. Harry Reid was not worthy to enter one of the faith’s temples for his support of Democratic Party stances.

The response to the piece, "Good Riddance to Harry Reid, the Mormon Senate leader," from many Latter-day Saints on social media — and even the Utah-based faith’s public-affairs arm — was immediate and critical.

"Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are, of course, entitled to express their own political opinions," spokesman Dale Jones said in a statement. "However, publishing such views while using a title of a church officer, even if only as a leader of a local congregation as in this case, is entirely inappropriate."

Harry Reid not a worthy Mormon LDS Church Dems cry foul The Salt Lake Tribune

Alright, let me fix it for them so it's acceptable and doesn't step on anyone's toes:

"Good Riddance to Harry Reid the Dimocrat prick Senate leader"

I was just wondering why the left wing never brings up Harry's "magic" underwear. It is about time those of faith speak out against those like Harry.

In the aftermath of this week’s elections, an LDS bishop in Los Angeles set off political fireworks by asserting in a blog that Mormon Sen. Harry Reid was not worthy to enter one of the faith’s temples for his support of Democratic Party stances.

The response to the piece, "Good Riddance to Harry Reid, the Mormon Senate leader," from many Latter-day Saints on social media — and even the Utah-based faith’s public-affairs arm — was immediate and critical.

"Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are, of course, entitled to express their own political opinions," spokesman Dale Jones said in a statement. "However, publishing such views while using a title of a church officer, even if only as a leader of a local congregation as in this case, is entirely inappropriate."

It's just an example of the hypocrisy going on here.

Harry Reid is a Mormon like Mitt Romney
Nancy Pelosi is a Catholic

Both religions come under constant attack from the media and from liberals and yet there leadership all claims to be the very thing they're attacking, but that's okay.

Both religions come under constant attack from the media and from liberals and yet there leadership all claims to be the very thing they're attacking, but that's okay.

I never knew that Reid is a Mormon. It is funny considering that is all I heard about Romney for a while. The media treated it like a huge negative. They really don't like to pick on Dems.

I don't know Reids worthiness. That's for Christ to decide. I'm not sure how he can answer the "are you honest in all your dealings?" question but thankfully God gets to deal with the tough ones like that.

his politics is irrelevant to worthiness. His behavior is

I don't know Reids worthiness. That's for Christ to decide. I'm not sure how he can answer the "are you honest in all your dealings?" question but thankfully God gets to deal with the tough ones like that.

his politics is irrelevant to worthiness. His behavior is

Which is neither Paredes, nor you nor my business. The church authority contacted him already. That's up to them now.

I never knew that Reid is a Mormon. It is funny considering that is all I heard about Romney for a while. The media treated it like a huge negative. They really don't like to pick on Dems.

Very, very little was negative from the media, though some of of the far right in 2008 and 2012 were bonkers about it in the primaries. As Mitt said, " those fruit loops on the social con right are simply crazy." He's right.

Harry Reid is like any catholic or jew.....free to run for office as per his convictions as anyone else.

The fact that he is a liberal lying asshole has nothing to do with his religion.

Most mormons I know won't claim him.

The Bishop was way out of line if he hinted at all that this was an official church position.

He IS entitled to his opinion. However, a person is walking on thin ice when they make statements about people's worthiness that go public.

Very, very little was negative from the media, though some of of the far right in 2008 and 2012 were bonkers about it in the primaries. As Mitt said, " those fruit loops on the social con right are simply crazy." He's right.

Could you please name the far righties that went "bonkers?" Any main liners in the imaginary list? Could you provide the source of the quote, I can't seem to locate it.

Ask Joe, he and others lefties went off on the fact Romney was a Mormon and how dangerous it was to the nation. They really say nothing about Reid.

I chalk it up to more hypocritical intolerance of the left.

They play the same game with blacks and women.

As long as it is their blacks and their women it's all fine.

Could you please name the far righties that went "bonkers?" Any main liners in the imaginary list? Could you provide the source of the quote, I can't seem to locate it.

Freewill, you know that is true so you don't get "just once more" to push your stupid post. That's it. It's over.

Joe did not go off on Mormonism and a few of the lefties also.

The social con far right had no use for MR until they had no choice.

Like now. McConnell and Boehner are in charge. The social cons have no choice.

I said this day would come.

Freewill, you know that is true so you don't get "just once more" to push your stupid post. That's it. It's over.
I didn't think he could prove his allegations.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Joe did not go off on Mormonism and a few of the lefties also.

The social con far right had no use for MR until they had no choice.

Like now. McConnell and Boehner are in charge. The social cons have no choice.

I said this day would come.

Yes he did, he hates Mormons he took every chance to tell us what a bad choice Romney was because he was a Mormon. Again, Snake, you are a lying left wing nut.

Pat-Gray-620x375.jpg

"Harry Reid has lost his job. It's because he is an evil slob. Harry Reid has lost his stupid job as the world's most evil slob"

Yes Pat got his 8216 Gloat Fest 8217 this morning 8211 Glenn Beck

Hilarious!

When did he say this? Did a Leftist tell another lie?

Not sure what makes a Mormon "worthy", but Reid isn't running for President. If the voters of his state aren't troubled by him being a Mormon, that's all that matters. Most of my extended family are right wing fundamentalist evangelical Christians. They had a hard time rationalizing voting for Romney because they think Mormonism is a cult. They eventually did came to view him as a Christian and voted for him.

Forum List

Back