Harry Reid asks RNC to Pay for Hearings

VQteq2p.jpg

'Reid added that Senate Democrats have sent a letter to the Republican National Committee (RNC) asking that it reimburse the American taxpayers for any money spent on the Benghazi committee.

Reid said the request is "only fair since the so-called committee is clearly a Republican political organization."'

True.

Reimbursing the taxpayers is perfectly appropriate, given the fact the 'hearings' were convened in bad faith, having yielded no useful information, motivated solely by partisanism.

Republicans should have to raise taxes to pay for their hearings
Democrats have some hearings to pay for too.
Name them.

Clarence Thomas and the pubic hair on the soda can

Standard Judiciary Committee hearings, not a Select Committee. Every Supreme Court nominee has a hearing before the Judiciary Committee. Not the same thing. Unless you're suggesting doing away with the Judiciary Committee entirely, which would mean any President could pick anyone he - or she - wanted without challenge.

Are you sure that's what you'd want?

Name them.

Standard Judiciary Committee hearings, not a Select Committee. Every Supreme Court nominee has a hearing before the Judiciary Committee. Not the same thing. Unless you're suggesting doing away with the Judiciary Committee entirely, which would mean any President could pick anyone he - or she - wanted without challenge.

I truly believe that's what started this modern day partisan war between the Republicans and Democrats.

After that you had the republicans trying to get even and go after Bill...

Then the Democrats came back against Bush Jr when they held both houses and did Jack shit when the housing bubble started to burst

Then the republicans came back....

Some one has to call a truce in this war. Its getting ridiculous on both sides

Name them.

I truly believe that's what started this modern day partisan war between the Republicans and Democrats.

Then the Democrats came back against Bush Jr when they held both houses and did Jack shit when the housing bubble started to burst

I agree a lot of time and money are wasted on these petty little vendettas and, worse, a lot of meaningful legislation never gets passed because of them. But we can either wait for one side or the other to say "Enough of this nonsense!" or we can cut off their allowance.

If the taxpayer refused to fund these little vendettas, I think they'd fizzle and die. Telling the RNC: "You want this? You pay for it" is a good place to start.

Naturally the People Who Don't Understand How Things Work in this forum are the first ones screaming bloody murder at the idea...

Good for Reid.

Reid takes shot at Benghazi panel ahead of Clinton hearing
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) took shots at the House Select Committee on Benghazi on Wednesday, a day before former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's appearance before the panel.

"In recent weeks, it's become absolutely clear that this committee is nothing more than a political hit job on Hillary Clinton," the Democratic leader said. "They're going to bring her in tomorrow. They said be ready for eight hours, eight hours of interrogation, and that's what this is, interrogation."

Reid added that Senate Democrats have sent a letter to the Republican National Committee (RNC) asking that it reimburse the American taxpayers for any money spent on the Benghazi committee.

Reid said the request is "only fair since the so-called committee is clearly a Republican political organization."

<more>
I utterly detest Harry Reid, but he's right. If the GOP is going to weaponize Congress to attempt to undermine the presumptive Democratic nominee, it's only fair that they pay for the privilege.

Good for Reid.

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) took shots at the House Select Committee on Benghazi on Wednesday, a day before former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's appearance before the panel.

"In recent weeks, it's become absolutely clear that this committee is nothing more than a political hit job on Hillary Clinton," the Democratic leader said. "They're going to bring her in tomorrow. They said be ready for eight hours, eight hours of interrogation, and that's what this is, interrogation."

Reid added that Senate Democrats have sent a letter to the Republican National Committee (RNC) asking that it reimburse the American taxpayers for any money spent on the Benghazi committee.

Reid said the request is "only fair since the so-called committee is clearly a Republican political organization."

<more>
Reid is a disgusting piece of shit and so are the Democrats. Four men are dead and the democrats are politicizing the hearings. They have no interest in getting to the bottom of this case. Democrats are destroying this Country.
It's the Cons who are politicizing the death of those four.
McCarthy made that very clear.

Name them.

Tom delay started the GOP decline into petty unethical politics, and it has only gotten worse since.

Name them.

Tom delay started the GOP decline into petty unethical politics, and it has only gotten worse since.

Nah I still say it all started with the pubic hair on the coke can...

Everything before that was semi normal, tippy shutting down the government under Reagan 7 times? No big deal, the republicans didn't retaliate after Nixion was forced from office...

Hey, let's let the Democrats pay for slavery, the KKK, and all the wars they got us into (Civil War, WWI, WWII, Vietnam)....

Then we can start to figure out what Harry Reid's obstruction and refusal to even bring bills up for a vote cost us....
Let's not forget all the money spent on trying to ban guns.

Good for Reid.

<more>
I utterly detest Harry Reid, but he's right. If the GOP is going to weaponize Congress to attempt to undermine the presumptive Democratic nominee, it's only fair that they pay for the privilege.

Weaponize Congress? Are you fucking Leftists whacked out of your heads? Congress is doing precisely what it's supposed to do, investigate an incident where 4 Americans were killed because support during an attack was deliberately withheld and it was all blamed on a video. Are you twisted evil fucks actually suggesting that this shouldn't be investigated?

On behalf of those four Americans, fuck you and go to hell. Seriously.

Last edited:
Good for Reid.

<more>

Weaponize Congress? Are you fucking Leftists whacked out of your heads? Congress is doing precisely what it's supposed to do, investigate an incident where 4 Americans were killed because support during an attack was deliberately withheld and it was all blamed on a video. Are you twisted evil fucks actually suggesting that this shouldn't be investigated.

On behalf of those four Americans, fuck you and go to hell. Seriously.

The Ambassador was a Democrat, which proves they don't even care about their own.

Name them.
I guess the Iran Contra Affair was before your time, son.

Are you absolutely sure you want to use that one as an example?
A political witch hunt by Democrats? Or is that only when Republicans are conducting the investigation?

Young. Naive. Hack. You.

How many people went to jail over Iran- Contra?

Witch hunt?

Yeah, all of sudden they are worried about something being payed for.

they didn't care that five years they took investigating some low level FBI desk jockey, Valerie Plame.

people need to demand Dirty crooked harry RESIGN. we are sick of him. he can move to one he Sanctuary cities he helped vote down help for we the people to be safe in them

Six of them were supposed to. Bush 41 pardoned them. Innocent men don't need pardons.

I love how Iran-Contra is the best you people can come up with. Tell you what...you should have the GOP create another "investigative panel" called Iran-Contra Too and fine everyone who participated. I'm sure 30 years later a couple of them might still be alive.

The GOP: "Wasting taxpayer money is what we do!"

Six of them were supposed to. Bush 41 pardoned them. Innocent men don't need pardons.

I love how Iran-Contra is the best you people can come up with. Tell you what...you should have the GOP create another "investigative panel" called Iran-Contra Too and fine everyone who participated. I'm sure 30 years later a couple of them might still be alive.

The GOP: "Wasting taxpayer money is what we do!"

I agree. That was my point. If convictions are a result, then it can't really be called a witch hunt. There is no comparison with what is ongoing.

Forum List

Back