Hard Right Evangelical Radio Host; The CO Massacre Was Caused By "The Liberals"

Absolutely disgusting, though expected to see the hard right politicize the CO tragedy.

Evangelical radio host blames Colorado shooting on ‘the liberals’ way’ | The Raw Story

You do remember that some of the first news coverage of the event consisted of Stephanopolous carelessly linking the shooter to a completely different person just because they shared the same name in the same town, and linked it to the tea party?

Deflecting and not addressing the topic, typical of the hard right. Do you condone the actions of the right wing radio host saying the massacre was caused by the liberals?

Absolutely disgusting, though expected to see the hard right politicize the CO tragedy.

Evangelical radio host blames Colorado shooting on ‘the liberals’ way’ | The Raw Story

And the left has politicized it? All I keep hearing is we need more gun control we need more gun control! What a crock!

You hero in Venezuela enacted COMPLETE gun control. Now the went from high murder by firearm to the HIGHEST in the WESTERN hemisphere!

Deflecting and not addressing the topic, typical of the hard right. Do you condone the actions of the right wing radio host saying the massacre was caused by the liberals?

And the left has politicized it? All I keep hearing is we need more gun control we need more gun control! What a crock!

You hero in Venezuela enacted COMPLETE gun control. Now the went from high murder by firearm to the HIGHEST in the WESTERN hemisphere!

All I keep hearing is "now is not the time to talk about it". Except for Bloomberg, of course.

Sure....and the lefty news station that immediately came out and said he was a Tea Party member??? What about that? Listen, we have wacko's on both sides, until everything comes out about this guy we won't know for sure. Seems to me that EVERYTIME something big like this happens, the first ones to come out and blame the other is the democrats, before there's even any proof!

ABC News and Brian Ross are apologizing for an "incorrect" report that James Holmes, the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting, may have had connections to the Tea Party.

"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect," ABC News said in a statement. "ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."

James Holmes 'incorrect' tea party report: ABC News apologizes - POLITICO.com

Now when will Fox issue an apology for the lying "you didn't build that" attack or the barrage of other lies they have perpetuated?

one coudl have gotten a man brutally injured, one is an opinion, just stop it already.

and all the "Democrats are Commies" rhetoric from the right wing media couldn't get someone brutally injured ir killed? All it takes is one unstable person to actually believe the vitriol...We have a few candidates right here on this board...the ones that keep talking about Civil War and shit, for instance.

Sure....and the lefty news station that immediately came out and said he was a Tea Party member??? What about that? Listen, we have wacko's on both sides, until everything comes out about this guy we won't know for sure. Seems to me that EVERYTIME something big like this happens, the first ones to come out and blame the other is the democrats, before there's even any proof!

ABC News and Brian Ross are apologizing for an "incorrect" report that James Holmes, the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting, may have had connections to the Tea Party.

"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect," ABC News said in a statement. "ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."

Now when will Fox issue an apology for the lying "you didn't build that" attack or the barrage of other lies they have perpetuated?

one coudl have gotten a man brutally injured, one is an opinion, just stop it already.

Hyperbole much? ABC retracted and apologize for the story.

Why should they? It isn't a lie, obama said it. The shooter wasn't a Tea Party member. That was a lie.

Exactly, something you can pretty much guarantee won't happen from this evangelical lunatic.

and all the "Democrats are Commies" rhetoric from the right wing media couldn't get someone brutally injured ir killed? All it takes is one unstable person to actually believe the vitriol...We have a few candidates right here on this board...the ones that keep talking about Civil War and shit, for instance.
[/QUOTE]

so now u want speech control? is that what ur saying? this is a tragedy, no one should be politicizing it on either side, plain and simple.

The Civil war was an event, if u went to war u understood what u got. If u went to the movies and got shot, thats a tragedy.

Pointing out ONE particular man was way worse. again STOP IT, ur being silly and its not boding well.

You do remember that some of the first news coverage of the event consisted of Stephanopolous carelessly linking the shooter to a completely different person just because they shared the same name in the same town, and linked it to the tea party?

I dont condone it either way. I'm just wondering where you were the FIRST time it happened.

the accusation was direct was the apology?

I dont condone it either way. I'm just wondering where you were the FIRST time it happened.

he was okay for it because if a tea party member was hurt he really is showing the emotion he doesnt care.

Are you THAT stupid or THAT partisan? Which is it?

The bottom lines is, professional journalism ought to require as a bare minimum, the confirmation of fact before any kind of story is ran. ESPECIALLY a story like this which is obviously going to spark up huge political anger.

so now u want speech control? is that what ur saying? this is a tragedy, no one should be politicizing it on either side, plain and simple.

The Civil war was an event, if u went to war u understood what u got. If u went to the movies and got shot, thats a tragedy.

Pointing out ONE particular man was way worse. again STOP IT, ur being silly and its not boding well.[/QUOTE]

really? speech control? how about the "fire in a crowded movie theater" clause? The only reason you support it is because it comes from your side. If the situation was reversed, you'd be bawling your eyes out...there's another thread about Heath Ledger's dad that your boys can't even tolerate. But speech control is OK when it comes to that, I suppose.

sitting on TV or radio screaming that Democrats are the Communist scourge of our society is not free speech...it's yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.

you just want to dismiss what this guy said...but you won't dismiss what Brian Ross said. like I said, your whole speech control bullshit does not hold water with me.

Seems to happen a lot with the left. Remember Loughner was a 'right wing extremist'? Turned out, he was a far left lunatic. Regardless of his politics, he was a lunatic... just like Holmes. Why does the US have an obsessional need to point score from national tragedies? Seriously, both sides should just not accept the media behaving in such an irresponsible manner. We just shouldn't.

Why should they? It isn't a lie, obama said it. The shooter wasn't a Tea Party member. That was a lie.

"That" in the much repeated sentence referred to the infrastructure reference in the previous sentence.

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

There was a "Jim Holmes" of Aurora Co. on tea party page. They (ABC) inferred that itmight be the same guy. They corrected that mistake.

Pointing out ONE particular man was way worse. again STOP IT, ur being silly and its not boding well.

really? speech control? how about the "fire in a crowded movie theater" clause? The only reason you support it is because it comes from your side. If the situation was reversed, you'd be bawling your eyes out...there's another thread about Heath Ledger's dad that your boys can't even tolerate. But speech control is OK when it comes to that, I suppose.

sitting on TV or radio screaming that Democrats are the Communist scourge of our society is not free speech...it's yelling fire in a crowded movie theater.

you just want to dismiss what this guy said...but you won't dismiss what Brian Ross said. like I said, your whole speech control bullshit does not hold water with me.[/QUOTE]

u dont even know what i know and frankily i dindt know it came from the right, so there. I said this wouldnt end well and u are proving me correct, u just keep looking silly. stop it already let the fire die down than come in and pour the water pail on the last ember and we all think u are awesome.

I wont dismiss what Ross said it was a direct statement much as if he said it about you. if u have been injured i would hold him responsbile or anyone on the right or anyone, because it was specific and it was WRONG.

no matter how u wnat to spin it now let it go it was wrong.

The bottom lines is, professional journalism ought to require as a bare minimum, the confirmation of fact before any kind of story is ran. ESPECIALLY a story like this which is obviously going to spark up huge political anger.

It's been quite a while since we had anything close to 'professional journalism' in the US. Shame but we seem to prefer our media to behave like rabid morons than professional, unbiased reporters.

Seems to happen a lot with the left. Remember Loughner was a 'right wing extremist'? Turned out, he was a far left lunatic. Regardless of his politics, he was a lunatic... just like Holmes. Why does the US have an obsessional need to point score from national tragedies? Seriously, both sides should just not accept the media behaving in such an irresponsible manner. We just shouldn't.

You are even dumber than I originally thought,..Where has it been confirmed he was a "far left lunatic?

Forum List

Back