Hard apple cider

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
In London, walking bone on bone in my knee, down the stairs in a pub to a cave that had been used during WWII to hide Jews, had the most incredible lunch of all time, including hard cider.

Since then, I have never found another really tasty hard cider. Finally bought some Angry Orchard, which tastes like watered down Budweiser or Coors. Yeah. Its really that bad. IMO

Anyone drink hard cider? Faves?

Gross. Give me a cold beer or a shot

In truth, where I was could have had something to do with it but damn - it was icy cold and had this crystal clear taste that I had never had before. If I remember right, it was also higher alcohol content.

I'm not a big beer drinker but do like a very dark ale. I grew up in Golden Colorado, Peter Coor's was a classmate so the class often went to the Coor's for class parties and tours, stuff like that. I cut my teeth on Coor's aka Colorado Koolaid and the only hard liquor I like straight is Pim's No 1. And that's actually be a liqueur. My usual drink is either gin and ginger beer or Pim's and ginger beer.

ricechickie
Shusha

If I can find them, I'll try both. I live outside a small town in deepest darkest redneck country so everybody drinks crap like Budweiser.

Our son, wife, two g'kids are coming for the eclipse so if I'm not crazy about them, I'll shove them off on them.

Thanks for the suggestions.

In truth, where I was could have had something to do with it but damn - it was icy cold and had this crystal clear taste that I had never had before. If I remember right, it was also higher alcohol content.

I'm not a big beer drinker but do like a very dark ale. I grew up in Golden Colorado, Peter Coor's was a classmate so the class often went to the Coor's for class parties and tours, stuff like that. I cut my teeth on Coor's aka Colorado Koolaid and the only hard liquor I like straight is Pim's No 1. And that's actually be a liqueur. My usual drink is either gin and ginger beer or Pim's and ginger beer.

ricechickie
Shusha

If I can find them, I'll try both. I live outside a small town in deepest darkest redneck country so everybody drinks crap like Budweiser.

Our son, wife, two g'kids are coming for the eclipse so if I'm not crazy about them, I'll shove them off on them.

I don't normally drink hard cider, but my local draught house typically has 3-4 on draft now- this golden age of craft beer is spilling over to hard cider also. Look for anyplace that sells craft beer, and go in and ask for recommendations.

ricechickie
Shusha

Pims?
Holy shit I would puke my guts out if I drank that stuff straight.
It taste like Ginger beer with a cup of sugar.

Forum List

Back