Happy Thanksgiving to all you turkeys!

svB6FqM.jpg

• Banned
You too gramps. Go light on the triptophin.
No Turkey for me. Was supposed to goto a big get together but have been working to finish a job by Thanksgiving so the customer could have their house back for company. Worked through my first ear infection since I was a child and it was a bad idea. Have about half hearing now and mostly nothing in my left ear but constant ringing and hissing. Did break my fever last night but am so miserable that I am staying home.
By the time I realized I was too sick to go it was too late to thaw any kind of bird from the store so I bought a 22.00 chuck roast and am going to have my first non turkey Thanksgiving this year.

The weirdest part of all of this is my hearing for about 5 days now sounds like I'm 10ft under in a pool.
I did finish the job in time and the new floors look awesome. Her family flew in from Germany and gave me some pretty cool copper wine glasses and a loaf of some really weird looking bread. Have yet to try it tho.

20191125_164108.jpg

No Turkey for me. Was supposed to goto a big get together but have been working to finish a job by Thanksgiving so the customer could have their house back for company. Worked through my first ear infection since I was a child and it was a bad idea. Have about half hearing now and mostly nothing in my left ear but constant ringing and hissing. Did break my fever last night but am so miserable that I am staying home.
By the time I realized I was too sick to go it was too late to thaw any kind of bird from the store so I bought a 22.00 chuck roast and am going to have my first non turkey Thanksgiving this year.

The weirdest part of all of this is my hearing for about 5 days now sounds like I'm 10ft under in a pool.
I did finish the job in time and the new floors look awesome. Her family flew in from Germany and gave me some pretty cool copper wine glasses and a loaf of some really weird looking bread. Have yet to try it tho.

View attachment 292026
I spend Thanksgiving and Christmas alone. Have for years. Sometimes in a foxhole. Just another day in the life for me. No kin. Eat at VFW Hall...have some drinks.

Last edited:

View attachment 292026
This year we are having pot roast from a slow cooker. Sorry about the hearing and if you ever faced any intolerance from it.

View attachment 292026
This year we are having pot roast from a slow cooker. Sorry about the hearing and if you ever faced any intolerance from it.
WTF? Because there is a huge “anti-ear infection” movement out there?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Have fun and stay safe ya’ll! Cheers!

WTF? Because there is a huge “anti-ear infection” movement out there?
Wow, no wonder you are always such a mean bastard.

just kidding.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Go do something to spend time with other human beings though, seriously?

Everyone has to have some connections to humanity.

Forum List

Back