Happy EID from Best Buy

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
30854.jpg

Eid ul-Fitr (Arabic: عيد الفطر ‘Īdu l-Fiṭr‎), often abbreviated to Eid, is a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. Eid is an Arabic word meaning "festivity", while Fiṭr means "to break fast"; and so the holiday symbolizes the breaking of the fasting period. It is celebrated after the end of the Islamic month of Ramadan, on the first day of Shawwal.

Eid ul-Fitr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and MERRY CHRISTMAS from Chanel....:hmpf:

And a Happy Eid al-Adha to you!!!

My kids are so excited to decorate the Eid al-Adha tree and wait for Mohammed Claus to drop down the chimbley.

Gee... I wonder if businesses run ads with "Merry Christmas" in them say like in Iran?

Do they give HALF a damn as much about OUR feelings as we do about THEIRS?

My guess... NO... N-O, NO. So why America does all this bending over backwards for them is beyond me. Oh wait... I think I might be over looking something... yeah... ***MONEY*** ... ***GUILT*** ... and ***POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK***.

I could even understand if it actually was about money. But my guess is more laptops are purchased on National Airline Mechanics Day or some nonsense.

I think it would have been better if it was a Christmas ad from lets say Food Lion with a big picture of a Cooked Ham on the cover.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Of course, anyone who knows me from that other place knows that it is now

NUCKABAR season, as well as

FESTIVUS!.

So....

HAPPY

NUCKABAR

AND

MERRY FESTIVUS TO ALL!!!

Gee... I wonder if businesses run ads with "Merry Christmas" in them say like in Iran?

My guess... NO... N-O, NO. So why America does all this bending over backwards for them is beyond me. Oh wait... I think I might be over looking something... yeah... ***MONEY*** ... ***GUILT*** ... and ***POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK***.

Who gives a flying fuck what they do in Iran, this isn't Iran. ;)

As for wishing holidays that are not the ones you agree to ... businesses need shoppers ... any excuse to attract more is good for the economy. :cool:

This reminds me of what I was thinking yesterday when I heard something about US policies 'radicalizing Islamicists'. I was 'radicalized' 9/11/01, so were a bunch of others. Does that mean we would kill? No. Does it mean that I would be for deporting anyone, based upon their religion? No. Nor would I defend someone pulling on headscarf or all sorts of loony things some find alright to do.

On the other hand, prior to 9/11 I was a big supporter of the idea that there shouldn't be 'profiling' by law enforcement; as it was 'so obvious' that prejudice could influence their decisions. Not so much after 9/11. Profiling now seems to be common sense, yet that hasn't been applied in regards to security. Look at Hassan, terrorist or criminal, he gave many warnings, yet political correctness refused to open that can of worms. That's stupidity on the part of those that are sworn to protect US citizens.

I think it incumbent on the US to talk about the radicalization of the people of the United States, not just the jihadists.

Really sad to see all of the negative posts about a peaceful Muslim holiday.

The part ad mentioning Eid took up maybe 1% of the page.

Yet one poster claimed they were bending over backwards to appease the muslims with the ad.

Eid al-Adha just happens to fall on this friday.

There are millions of muslims who shop at Best Buy and other stores.

It was business move and makes good business to target this group like you would any other.

People say muslims need to integrate more into American society and embrace it's values.

But this thread shows how difficult muslims have it here in America.

As for wishing holidays that are not the ones you agree to ... businesses need shoppers ... any excuse to attract more is good for the economy. :cool:

I said nothing of what I agree or disagree with. However, I did pretty much say exactly what you did, except I went into more detail. You repeated me. :neutral:

Last edited:

I said nothing of what I agree or disagree with. However, I did pretty much say exactly what you did, except I went into more detail. You repeated me. :neutral:

Oh ... my bad. ;)

Oh ... my bad. ;)

No prob... let's kiss and make up...
cleaning-teeth-073.gif

Forum List

Back