1 cookie crumb pie crust
1 small box blue gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup whole milk (or half-and-half)
3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons Curacao or similar blue liqueur
10 to 15 blue Peeps
1 cup fresh blueberries for garnish

Freeze crust while you prepare the pie filling. Pour boiling water boiling water over gelatin in heatproof bowl. Stir to dissolve gelatin.

Add cold milk and liqueur. Blend well and refrigerate until gelatin has thickened, but not set firm.

Fold in thawed whipped topping to chilled gelatin mixture. Mix completely so that no streaks remain, but avoid overworking.

Spoon filling into frozen crust.

Snip apart each family of Peeps. Arrange in concentric circles atop pie filling. Use fresh blueberries to fill in gaps between Peeps.

Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Note: Peeps refrigerated for longer than 36 hours will begin to "weep" and ooze melted sugar.

Make your own Peeps:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7288046/

One more:
Orange Glaze for Ham

You will need:
1 tblsp cornstarch per 1 cup orange juice
raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
This is so very simple. You sprinkle the cornstarch into the orange juice (if you drop it in all at once, it clumps), add the raisins if you're gonna, and heat over medium-low heat until it thickens, stirring all the while. Serve with your Easter ham or eat as a side... um, well, it's not really supposed to be a side, is it? Never mind...

Bonnie said:
I lOVE peeps, Im going to make this one!!

Peeps are kinda "eh" when they're fresh.. The longer you leave them to dry out, the better they taste.. Like..The ones from Easter will be good around...oh...May. :D

Shattered said:
Peeps are kinda "eh" when they're fresh.. The longer you leave them to dry out, the better they taste.. Like..The ones from Easter will be good around...oh...May. :D
My son does the same thing! I'm just not a marshmallow fan.

Shattered said:

I agree here, I usually will slit the package and leave them out for a day or so, then they get hard and chewey YUM!!

Forum List

Back