happy birthday

Since you support Obama you are part and parcel of any problems we have, I have a solution, MOVE your ass away.

Let's have another civil war. I'm betting the smart ones will eliminate the dumb ones.. Lets settle this "this is my country you can go elsewhere." I am so thoroughly tired of jackasses trying to tell other americans to get out. Lets get it on and see who "goes on".

Wouldn't be much of a war since so many "lefties" are opposed to guns.

You bring your marijuana I'll bring my M4.

Let's get it on..................

That being said, no one should be telling anyone else to move out. That's why we have elections.

You can say the most ridiculous things. Righties don't smoke dope? Righties don't get hooked on meth? Ever looked at the stats of who is hooked on what? Most people heavily into drugs don't sit around in a purple haze discussing which political party they prefer. White middle America is going to the dogs due to heavy use of meth. Wealthy white Americans' drug of choice is cocaine. Poorer classes go for whatever blend of heroin is cheapest. And just about all classes smoke dope, but one "party" doesn't smoke it any more or less than the other.

Foxfyre said:
America is not one issue or a dozen issues but is a concept, a principle, a great experiment that exceeded the wildest dreams of its Founders. Those Founders had a magnificent vision to create a nation, the very first nation ever conceived on Earth, in which the people would recognize, respect, and defend God given unalienable rights and therefore be governed by no king or authority but would govern themselves.

But they had to navigate choppy waters to iron out the details in order to make those inalienable rights fair. At the time, there were as many diverse and stoic opinions as there are today.

The Fourth of July

Sunday, July 4, 2010; A18

THE DECLARATION of Independence begins with soaring pronouncements on equality and human rights, then proceeds to a somewhat less uplifting list of grievances directed against the faraway king of England and expressing a level of outrage that seems a little quaint today, given the horrors that so many of the world's governments have visited upon their people. On this Fourth of July, much of America seems to be in grievance mode again, with the complainants looking back to a golden age of limited government and sovereignty for the various states -- and with our liberties now seen as suddenly in peril from an overweening federal power.

In fact, the federal government has been lording it over us for quite a while -- since the nation's earliest days -- and with results that have, over several centuries, drawn little complaint, at least from Americans. These include the acquisition of the vast territories in the Louisiana Purchase, of Texas, of a huge chunk of Mexico, and of the Oregon Territory and Alaska. And of course there was all the government mapping and exploration that allowed this land to be divided among the newcomers sweeping across the continent, as well as the taking of rights of way for rails, roads, communication and other avenues of commerce.

"What made the American frontier experience unique," wrote Andro Linklater in a book published a few years ago ("The Fabric of America") "was not the freedom of the wilderness but the lines drawn in previously uncharted ground -- around claims, properties, states, and the republic itself. So far from being hostile to the individual, government made it possible for the individual to gain due reward for his or her enterprise."

Most Americans have benefited from this federal power for a couple of centuries now. It's a far from perfect instrument, but it is something we've created ourselves, and we have orderly processes for changing it whenever the people think it necessary. Moreover, there seems to have been a rough consensus over the years that federal power has done what governments are -- in the language of 1776 -- meant to do: secure for us certain unalienable rights, among them life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For those who see it as a conspiracy rather than an elected government, be reassured: There is also an unalienable right to silliness.

The Fourth of July

i am always amused..that one is not a 'real' american unless they voted for 'your' candidate

continue making a fool of yourself, you do it so well

Keep voting for fools and idiots you fit in so well with them. Do me a favor, do not claim you want to improve this country while you openly support Obama and clowns.

I think it's time you reviewed your "signature" quotes, Sarge. There is no bigger hypocrite than one who refuses to act in the manner he himself preaches.

Sophomore year in college and I was drafted into the trumpet section sitting on the back row of the orchestra just left of the drum line and trombone section. The grand finale was the 1812 Overture and somebody got the bright idea to use four small cannon that normally graced the front lawn of the Administration building. Use a modest amount of powder and we could really do Tchaikovsky proud.

Oh we were glorious and were winding up to the grand finale and cannon burst normally accomplished with tympani but we were using real cannon. Our backstage crew got the timing exactly right but over estimated the powder a tad. As the cannon boomed right on cue, flames rolled up the back of the fireproof curtain and shot out across the terrified orchestra. I don't remember if we actually completed the final notes.

We did get a standing ovation though.

I'm glad you mentioned fireworks. I'm not a huge fan since I moved into a condo complex where the town sets off its July 4th fireworks on the large park area adjacent to my bedroom. At least I don't have a panicked cat to calm down anymore.

images

Sigh. It didn't take long for a thread intended to respect and honor one's homeland on the one special day reserved for that to go to hell in a hand basket with personal insults, partisan and ideological bickering.

A pity.

But for all the rest, God (however one perceives God) bless the USA and here's to a happy, safe, and glorious Independence Day celebration!

Bunch of damned fools can't even Wish the Country Happy Birthday without making it partisan and cussing each other out.

I'm done with this thread. Enjoy.

Sorry, SFC Ollie.

It ain't partisan with me.

It's gettin' personal............................

Hope you had a good 4th! :clap2:

one of the greatest things about this country is that we can be as hyperpartisan as we want, and nobody gets thrown in a dungeon.

i hope y'all had a safe and happy 4th, whatever flavor your politics are.

:thup:

one of the greatest things about this country is that we can be as hyperpartisan as we want, and nobody gets thrown in a dungeon.

i hope y'all had a safe and happy 4th, whatever flavor your politics are.

:thup:

Not only do we not get thrown in dungeons, but we can grump at each other a bit and still remain friends at the end of the day. And that is a great thing.

Forum List

Back