happy birthday

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor

What kind of men were the 56 signers who adopted the Declaration of Independence and who, by their signing, committed an act of treason against the crown? To each of you the names Franklin, Adams, Hancock, and Jefferson are almost as familiar as household words.

And, finally, there is the New Jersey Signer, Abraham Clark.

He gave two sons to the officer corps in the Revolutionary Army. They were captured and sent to that infamous British prison hulk afloat in New York Harbor known as the hell ship "Jersey," where 11,000 American captives were to die. The younger Clarks were treated with a special brutality because of their father.

One was put in solitary and given no food. With the end almost in sight with the war almost won, no one could have blamed Abraham Clark for acceding to the British request when they offered him his sons' lives if he would recant and come out for the King and Parliament. The utter despair in this man's heart, the anguish in his very soul, must reach out to each and one of us down through 200 years with the answer: "No."

The 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence proved by their every deed that they made no idle boast when they composed the most magnificent curtain line in history. "And for the support of this Declaration with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor."

Last edited:
In spite of our many problems, the United States remains the best place in the world to live.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, for our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner forever shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

sfc-ollie-albums-sfc-s-place-picture1751-independence-day-2010.jpg

I am always mindful of how fortunate I am to have been born in the U.S. The vast majority of people throughout history were born into serfdom or slavery. Those of us in the U.S., born into freedom, are lucky. Now, let's make sure we don't see our system destroyed for future generations.

I am always mindful of how fortunate I am to have been born in the U.S. The vast majority of people throughout history were born into serfdom or slavery. Those of us in the U.S., born into freedom, are lucky. Now, let's make sure we don't see our system destroyed for future generations.

That is the crux of the battles we face to preserve this Republic. We have come almost full circle.

really count....what stats do you base that on? child birth, civil rights, age, health care ...just askin

All of those.

no , hong kong, japan, sweden all do better at live births than we do....

cuba has a higher literacy rate than the us

civil rights? we are no longer a country of free speech but a country with free speech zones

as far as age..okinawa has a better life expectancy....

health care: lol surely you are not saying the us has the best health care system? really? lol

i dont mind the rah rah but lets not lie to ourselves this country has many problems and if we dont face them...we wont solve them

I have been to about 30 different countries in my life. And I cannot name a better place to live than right here in the USA. Even with all our problems and perceived problems.

dont say perceived when they are smacking you in the face....look at the va hosptial...1800 vets may have been infected with hiv...no excuse for that....you may not like to hear what i am saying but its the truth...we got a long ways to go...and we wont ge there ignoring the "perceived" problems...dispute what i have said? go on......i am waiting.....do you even know the literacy rate in cuba?

look it up it will shock y ou

this country is so 3rd world...we let big company exploited irreplaceable resources ...and thank them for it...

we got a literacy rate of what? high school graduation rate of what? how about the inner city schools?

how many people are in jail in the us? how many of them are under 18?

why do we have the rightest rate of using drugs to control our kids?

is this really the best we can do?

really count....what stats do you base that on? child birth, civil rights, age, health care ...just askin

All of those.

no , hong kong, japan, sweden all do better at live births than we do....

cuba has a higher literacy rate than the us

civil rights? we are no longer a country of free speech but a country with free speech zones

as far as age..okinawa has a better life expectancy....

health care: lol surely you are not saying the us has the best health care system? really? lol

i dont mind the rah rah but lets not lie to ourselves this country has many problems and if we dont face them...we wont solve them

Since you support Obama you are part and parcel of any problems we have, I have a solution, MOVE your ass away.

if you dare say this is the best we can do ..then you are majorily part of the problem you would rather see things as you hope they are.....not as they really are....

Forum List

Back