Happy Birthday Mikey! Surprise! You're Abandoned!

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Parents-of-the-year:

http://www.kirotv.com/mostpopular/9326319/detail.html
Parents Realize Next Day They Left Son At Chuck E. Cheese

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A 6-year-old Florida boy who was accidentally left behind by his family after they celebrated his birthday at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant will temporarily remain in state custody.

A judge said the state Department of Children and Families will likely determine Tuesday whether Michael Emanuel can live temporarily with a relative.

Emanuel's family said they accidentally left him Saturday night and didn't notice he was missing until the next day. Each relative thought the child was with another family member.

Employees at the Boca Raton restaurant called police and the child was taken into state custody.

An attorney for the boy's mother told the judge there were 12 youngsters at the party and as they all piled into cars to leave, the boy was simply overlooked.

:bs:

There's NO way it'd take 'until the next day' to realize you've LEFT YOUR SON.

AND - WHY THE HELL didn't the son give the restaurant employees his phone number? Parents name? etc?

Either he didn't give them the number, or the people at Chuck E. Cheese went directly to the authorities. Still, you'd think someone would have contacted the family before a day had passed.

Dr Grump said:
Who says he didn't? Nothing in the story about that. You think they did it on purpose?

If he didn't his parents would have been called right away; wouldn't have 'waited a day to notice he was missing' right?

dmp said:
If he didn't his parents would have been called right away; wouldn't have 'waited a day to notice he was missing' right?

I would for sure, but he has an Hispanic surname. Different cultures. In my world my kid comes with me and goes home with me. In Hispanic and other cultures aunts, uncles, grandparents - the extended family all look after the kids. Still, a whole day, inexcusable...

Forum List

Back