Happy Birthday, Luddly Neddite!

Hey Jeremiah!

Thank you very much.

It was, indeed, a terrific birthday but just about every day is terrific. I really do have a perfect life and there's not much I would change.

Oh, except, the TV died and we're talking about whether or not to even replace it. Actually, I'm sure we will but - with what?

How about we make this a short discussion on televisions ... If anyone has any input, I'd be glad to hear it. We'll probably spend a lot with the idea that its likely (I hope) to be the last TV we buy. Besides "flat screen" and "plasma", I don't know a thing about new technology. Come to think of it, I don't know anything about flat screen and plasma either!

Opinions?

Happy Birthday, Luddly! I'm sorry I put this Birthday wish up before most people on this board were out of bed! ha! ha! Long night last night! Let me see what I can find out about which television you should get. I'm not sure of the difference between flat screen and plasma. But I'm sure someone here knows! - Jeri

Have a great day Luddly Neddite!

Happy-Birthday-Wallpaper.jpg

luddly_a_good_man.jpg

Happy birthday Luddly.
Hey Jeremiah!

Thank you very much.

It was, indeed, a terrific birthday but just about every day is terrific. I really do have a perfect life and there's not much I would change.

Oh, except, the TV died and we're talking about whether or not to even replace it. Actually, I'm sure we will but - with what?

How about we make this a short discussion on televisions ... If anyone has any input, I'd be glad to hear it. We'll probably spend a lot with the idea that its likely (I hope) to be the last TV we buy. Besides "flat screen" and "plasma", I don't know a thing about new technology. Come to think of it, I don't know anything about flat screen and plasma either!

Opinions?

I like Samsung products. They make most of the components and the products at the mid-line are pretty good.

I checked out Sharp and found that I didn't like the banding that seems to happen now and then when watching fast paced movies, sports, etc.

Edge LED with Backlit LED has some of the finest displays at the moment.

Last edited:
luddly_a_good_man.jpg

Happy birthday Luddly.
Hey Jeremiah!

Thank you very much.

Opinions?

I like Samsung products. They make most of the components and the products at the mid-line are pretty good.

I checked out Sharp and found that I didn't like the banding that seems to happen now and then when watching fast paced movies, sports, etc.

Thanks for the very cool graphic as well as the TV advice.

Damn thing ... it just up and started working again. Its not very old but if it doesn't behave, its off to the recycler.

I watched Jon Stewart on line ... Wondering if anyone streams TV, movies, etc? If so,, what do you think?

I watched Jon Stewart on line ... Wondering if anyone streams TV, movies, etc? If so,, what do you think?

We stream movies from the net as well as from a NAS (Networked Attached Storage device).

Personally, I love it. I also stream a lot of youtube vids. It's amazing. I'm able to watch and listen to bands I had only heard before and some of the stuff that's being upped now is truly HD quality.

It's a good time to have television.

luddly_a_good_man.jpg

Happy birthday Luddly.
Hey Jeremiah!

Thank you very much.

Opinions?

My husband told me to tell you, Luddly, he prefers the flat screens and has been told the Plasma tv screens don't last. We have a Toshiba but he says Samsung is the other one he would recommend. Have an awesome birthday! - Jeri

Hey Jeremiah!

Thank you very much.

Opinions?

Hold off if you can, OLED TVs are just around the corner...

Forum List

Back