Happy Birthday Fleetwood Mac?

and they were arguably the best British Blues band in British music history...

The song in the OP is one my favorites. I like the newer Fleetwood Mac too, but I think I liked them more when they had that nice bluesy sound. It's a lot different than the stuff I usually listen to, but I like to change it up sometimes. :D
so many people think "Black Magic Woman" is a Santana original...and i found many hard rockers think the "The Green Manalishi" is a Judas Priest original....

I used to think so too! Lol. It wasn't until fairly recently that I discovered Peter Green.
i was into him back in 68....he and Michael Bloomfield were my 2 favorite guitarists from the 60's...when Danny Kirwan joined the group he gave them more rock,but he was pretty good for an 18 year old .....he did what Jeremy Spencer would not do....play Guitar with Peter Green....many of Kirwans songs were pretty good....like this one.....

Yeah that's not bad. I've never heard of this band.

Fleetwood Mac?.....

The song in the OP is one my favorites. I like the newer Fleetwood Mac too, but I think I liked them more when they had that nice bluesy sound. It's a lot different than the stuff I usually listen to, but I like to change it up sometimes. :D
so many people think "Black Magic Woman" is a Santana original...and i found many hard rockers think the "The Green Manalishi" is a Judas Priest original....

I used to think so too! Lol. It wasn't until fairly recently that I discovered Peter Green.
i was into him back in 68....he and Michael Bloomfield were my 2 favorite guitarists from the 60's...when Danny Kirwan joined the group he gave them more rock,but he was pretty good for an 18 year old .....he did what Jeremy Spencer would not do....play Guitar with Peter Green....many of Kirwans songs were pretty good....like this one.....

Fleetwood Mac?.....

Sorry. I was a little tired last night. :D I thought that was him with another band. I guess I didn't even take note of the title on the video.

Fleetwood Mac?.....

Sorry. I was a little tired last night. :D I thought that was him with another band. I guess I didn't even take note of the title on the video.

no problem Chris....at least you knew about early Fleetwood Mac and who Peter Green is....

I hate getting tired... Thanks again folks for celebrating the anniversary of the debut of one of Britain's best Blues bands...

Last edited:
As a long FM fan I have to admit I was surprised at the '67 date. I would probably have guessed in the early 70s. Not much different but a little earlier than I thought. Still listen to them regularly.

I just heard from a fairly reliable source that today is the 49th anniversary of the founding of the great Blues Band Fleetwood Mac. August of "67" seems just about right. I have done my due diligence and searched the inter-web looking for some substantial documentation to firm this rumor (no pun intended) up. No success... If anyone can help in confirming this it would be appreciated and a chance to listen to some really good tunes...

Special nod to ChrisL:beer:

I don't think Fleetwood Mac is a blues group

They came around on tour a little while ago and I was going to go until I saw the outrageous ticket prices they were asking

I did see them in the early 80's in concert and they did put on a pretty good show

SP, I don't know if you have read all the posts in the thread but I feel I have provided a pretty good history of the Band and their evolution in their style of music...

The first 4 to 5 years of Fleetwood Mac was a traditionalist Blues Band and after the loss of Peter Green and the addition of new members the music style changed. Hero's are Hard to find (1974) is one of my all time favorites and imho can't be categorized as a Blues Album. They evolved...

Is Mick Fleetwood still alive. He played the drums like a Wildman. I got into Fleetwood Mac in 1974 and also got into the Isley Brothers the same year. I got into Al Green in 1975 because I unknowingly drank in his nightclub, named Greens in San Diego. Greens is a farm equipment auction house in Ohio so went in even though I was the only white person there. Sat at the bar with Al Green but thought he was lying. He showed me his drivers license and body guards and he bought me a drink and I bought him a drink back that went long into the night. I sang on stage with Al Green but only once.

I just heard from a fairly reliable source that today is the 49th anniversary of the founding of the great Blues Band Fleetwood Mac. August of "67" seems just about right. I have done my due diligence and searched the inter-web looking for some substantial documentation to firm this rumor (no pun intended) up. No success... If anyone can help in confirming this it would be appreciated and a chance to listen to some really good tunes...

Special nod to ChrisL:beer:

I don't think Fleetwood Mac is a blues group

They came around on tour a little while ago and I was going to go until I saw the outrageous ticket prices they were asking

I did see them in the early 80's in concert and they did put on a pretty good show

Fleetwood Mac is soft rock that turns hard rock. I saw Fleetwood Mac perform in the San Diego Sports Arena in 1975. The two women singers were dressed in a witch's dress without a witch hat. Then the fireflies lit up. Cops were there in abundance but as long as you stayed in your seat the cops left you alone. Smoke pot outside the arena, busted.

Forum List

Back