Happy Birthday Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top!

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
The "Rev" Billy G turned 65 on the 16th but I missed it for some reason. (derp!)

Way back in Jr. High I was at my friend Jon's house and we were listening to albums (remember those?), he put "Tejas" on and all I could think was "Why are we listening to this Country sh*t?"

Then THIS came on, blew my mind and I've been a fan ever since!

The "Rev" Billy G turned 65 on the 16th but I missed it for some reason. (derp!)

Way back in Jr. High I was at my friend Jon's house and we were listening to albums (remember those?), he put "Tejas" on and all I could think was "Why are we listening to this Country sh*t?"

Then THIS came on, blew my mind and I've been a fan ever since!

I always kind of thought it was ironic that the member of the band that had the las name of "Beard"...was the one in the band who didn't have one.

ZZ Top is one of the greatest, and most prolific bands of the 70's-80's. I always remember how good they sounded on my car stereo, blasting them at the park on those Friday and Saturday nights back in the day

"She said ah what's it gonna' take for you to lay your top on down?"
"I said uh honey why don't you axe me when we get the outskirts of town!"
Oh yeah!

seen them back in 73-74 at the L.A.Sports arena.....they were pretty dam good....
I saw them at a the Calaveras County fairgrounds at this summer concert series we used to have called Mountain Air. It was one of those all day things that we'd camp out fr the nigh before. The mornings were always a drunken/drugged/hungover blur, but after a little R&R in the sun, we'd wake up sunburnt and still a little drunk, but fired up and reenergized when Tejas opened up their set. It was like a spell waking up the dead.

Forum List

Back