Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Not a matter of if, but rather when:

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson200407060845.asp

Excerpts

July 06, 2004, 8:45 a.m.

Another 9/11?
The awful response that we dare not speak about.

So what would the United States do the next time we are hit? Strike who or what — and where, when, and how? The problem with the likes of a supposedly nation-less bin Laden, Zarkawi, or their copy-catters, we are told, is that they are like metastasizing brain tumors whose ganglia are deeply embedded in the surrounding tissue. Surgery or chemotherapy often kills the host as well as the cancer. They and their stealthy patrons both know and count on just that ambiguity and imprecision — as if Americans never operate on malignant brain tumors.

.....Without the direct aid of an Iran, Syria, and Lebanon, the secret support of rogue elements within the Saudi Arabian, Jordanian, and Pakistani governments, and millions on the Arab Street, the killer cadres simply could not carry out their next large attack. Most Arabs are shocked at the beheadings; but even those who know where the beheaders live and sleep are not so shocked at seeing Westerners sliced and diced to turn the killers in.

Thus on 9/12 we saw Middle East governments like the Saudis (whose 15 citizens spearheaded the murder), the Baathist Iraqis, the Syrians, the Iranians, the Taliban, and the Lebanese all sort of publicly disassociate themselves from the murder — even as many of their populations polled silent approval and their own smirking intelligence services shrugged that some such attack was always inevitable — and perhaps salutary after all given our support for Israel and our intrinsically satanic nature....

...Perhaps it would be best to inform hostile countries right now of a (big) list of their assets — military bases, power plants, communications, and assorted infrastructure — that will be taken out in the aftermath of another attack, a detailed sequence of targets that will be activated when the culpable terrorists' bases and support networks are identified and confirmed. We would have to draft a formal declaration of war — as we should have against the Taliban, bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein — against those countries that harbored or even aided the next 9/11-like cell. Both sides should anticipate the consequences should another 3,000 Americans be incinerated at work.....

An excellant thought----getting leverage on an enemy without borders or infrastucture is extremely difficult. A list of possible retaliatiory targets may diminish support for thier terroristic methods.

Whatever happened to "your either with us or againt us"? Didn't that apply to those who would harbor terrorists?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Whatever happened to "your either with us or againt us"? Didn't that apply to those who would harbor terrorists?

A mistake, I believe of the administation, being so fearful of the 'unilateral cowboy' rubbish from the other side. It's time to reiterate just such a policy.

Can't do it.

The EU is eating us alive politically and economically.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Can't do it.

The EU is eating us alive politically and economically.

Miltiary spending wise, I agree with you. Politically it's a bit more complicated, but to keep my thinking clear, it basically comes down to France.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Miltiary spending wise, I agree with you. Politically it's a bit more complicated, but to keep my thinking clear, it basically comes down to France.

So, notice the trend. Notice the US slowly caving to EU world dictation of policy.

It may seem subtle, but the trend is there and it will never slow, it will only grow.

Go back and review what the EU has done in Iraq over the last week.

They are gaining control over training police and running or establishing political policy.

Quite a nice hush-hush situation created by American media.

Originally posted by Kathianne
A mistake, I believe of the administation, being so fearful of the 'unilateral cowboy' rubbish from the other side. It's time to reiterate just such a policy.

A MISTAKE??!! I beg to differ. I think that attitude is just what we need to stick to. If these other countries want to see America toppled, so be it. But know this, if America falls, the WHOLE WORLD FALLS WITH US. Most countries know this, and know it well. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".

The EU? Screw 'em.

Originally posted by NewGuy
So, notice the trend. Notice the US slowly caving to EU world dictation of policy.

It may seem subtle, but the trend is there and it will never slow, it will only grow.

Go back and review what the EU has done in Iraq over the last week.

They are gaining control over training police and running or establishing political policy.

Quite a nice hush-hush situation created by American media.

I think to avoid all the costs, not to mention criticism of 'unitlateralism' the administration made the decision to get others involved. Short of a huge increase in the numbers in our military, which would lead to more taxes, I don't quite know the answer to this.

One thing I DO think, we should be pressuring others, read: leave no choice, to get thier own defenses going. We need to pull out of Western Europe, since they can well afford their own shield.

Forum List

Back