Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are Union members

Im sure they wouldnt be members if they had a choice. I have a feeling that union doesnt do them much good.

In the same segment where O'Reilly blamed government financial woes on union benefits, he not only said he was an AFTRA member, but that his membership had benefited him in the past. "On a personal note, I'm a member of a union, AFTRA, and when I was working at 'Inside Edition' some years ago, the King World company tried to renege on pension benefits," said O'Reilly. "AFTRA took them to court and the case was settled. If the shop had been non-union, we might have been stiffed."

I guess you missed this part
Didn't miss it, it is just that you are missing the point, as usual, IT IS PRIVATE SECTOR!

So you too are now on record as saying you are pro private sector unions?

Confirmed: Union-Bashing Right-Wing Media Stars Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly Are AFL-CIO Union-Affiliated Members | | AlterNet

report voted to the front page of Reddit Friday claimed that Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly were union members, as well as Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter. Right-wing blogger Michelle Malkin called it the "stupid lie of the week," insisting that neither she nor the "other Fox News personalities being accused of 'hypocrisy' belong to the union." As one might expect, Malkin didn't know what she was talking about and the liberals were right (she herself, as just a frequent guest on the network, is not a member of the union).

A representative from Beck's camp denied the claim, but a source within AFTRA confirmed to AlterNet Friday that O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity were indeed union members.

Yes but their health care,pensions and union dues and not paid for by taxpayers dollars.I'm sure the union dues goes towards that.

The problem with Wisconsin and other places with municipal employees as I see it is that Republican taxpayers pay the salaries and in doing so pay the employees union dues and pension and health care benefits.The union dues that Republicans pay for are then in turn used to fund Democratic candidates....

Why should the Republicans pay for Democratic candidates....to run against them.

This whole union thing is out of whack and it's time for something to be done about it.:eek:

Because these people have a right to spent the money they earn they way they want to spend it.

They preform a service for all Americans.

They then can buy whatever they want with that money.

Do you get to tell Walmart what to do because you bought your undies there?

And in 2014, when Wisconsin unions demand more, and the state must raise taxes to make it happen, then thats more of MY money that I'll no longer have the right to decide how it's spent. Because, you know, the government will take it from me. To pay union demands.

See how that works?

Im sure they wouldnt be members if they had a choice. I have a feeling that union doesnt do them much good.

In the same segment where O'Reilly blamed government financial woes on union benefits, he not only said he was an AFTRA member, but that his membership had benefited him in the past. "On a personal note, I'm a member of a union, AFTRA, and when I was working at 'Inside Edition' some years ago, the King World company tried to renege on pension benefits," said O'Reilly. "AFTRA took them to court and the case was settled. If the shop had been non-union, we might have been stiffed."

I guess you missed this part
Didn't miss it, it is just that you are missing the point, as usual,

IT IS PRIVATE SECTOR!

I've spent the last 20 years watching conservatives slam the evils of ALL unions, and work feverishly to beat them down, get rid of them, or otherwise limit them to significant degrees.

Are you telling me that on February 26, 2011 suddenly all that changed, and your only problem is with "public" unions?

Or, is it more likely that the rightwing on this thread is engaged in a transparent, and bald-faced lie, in a hilarious attempt to cover up the hypocrisy of some gas bag rightwing media personalities?

I'd say the second option seems far more likely!

Yes but their health care,pensions and union dues and not paid for by taxpayers dollars.I'm sure the union dues goes towards that.

The problem with Wisconsin and other places with municipal employees as I see it is that Republican taxpayers pay the salaries and in doing so pay the employees union dues and pension and health care benefits.The union dues that Republicans pay for are then in turn used to fund Democratic candidates....

Why should the Republicans pay for Democratic candidates....to run against them.

This whole union thing is out of whack and it's time for something to be done about it.:eek:

Because these people have a right to spent the money they earn they way they want to spend it.

And in 2014, when Wisconsin unions demand more, and the state must raise taxes to make it happen, then thats more of MY money that I'll no longer have the right to decide how it's spent. Because, you know, the government will take it from me. To pay union demands.

See how that works?

And public workers have the right to make enough money to live and save for retirement.

You pretend they are overpaid and that is contrary to the facts.

You hate police officers and fireman so much you think they should be paid less than a wieght coach of your favorite football player.

You think they should work for substandard wages?

The WI fracas is due to public employee unions bleeding out taxpayers. Unions for businesses and professions are not in the same category - The MAN is not the taxpayer for these.

Once again, an EPIC FAIL of what TMN substitutes for logic in her quest for guilt by misuse of language.

The problem is with all unions maybe but ive heard nothing about private unions since this wisconsin teacher thing started up. So now that rush limbaugh is part of a private union (though more information will come out on this) now its about ALL unions again? Doesnt make sense to me.

You dont have to join this union, its a choice
How does telling people the minimum requirements to try to join the union prove they are not required to join the union if they are a regular entertainer?

Who forces anyone to join?

I have heard a bunch of interviews done by card carrying members of the ultra left wing and in the Wisconsin case in particular every one interviewed said they HAD to join the union...Otherwise I believe they get crap wages and benefits....:eusa_shhh:

See how that works?

And public workers have the right to make enough money to live and save for retirement.

You pretend they are overpaid and that is contrary to the facts.

You hate police officers and fireman so much you think they should be paid less than a wieght coach of your favorite football player.

You think they should work for substandard wages?

Who says what substandard is? Teachers make what they are worth and more. Policeman deserve more in my opinion.

Confirmed: Union-Bashing Right-Wing Media Stars Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly Are AFL-CIO Union-Affiliated Members | | AlterNet

report voted to the front page of Reddit Friday claimed that Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly were union members, as well as Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter. Right-wing blogger Michelle Malkin called it the "stupid lie of the week," insisting that neither she nor the "other Fox News personalities being accused of 'hypocrisy' belong to the union." As one might expect, Malkin didn't know what she was talking about and the liberals were right (she herself, as just a frequent guest on the network, is not a member of the union).

A representative from Beck's camp denied the claim, but a source within AFTRA confirmed to AlterNet Friday that O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity were indeed union members.
They are required to join the union, dumb ass, or they would not be allowed by government to do the job they do. What a great way to silence your critics. If you want a voice, you must join a union. But if you join a union by force to get a voice and criticize unions, you are a hypocrite. They advocate not forcing entertainers to join a union and they wouldn't if they had a choice. There is zero hypocrisy. This is how the left lies and manipulate the stupid and the useless fools. That was you if you didn't make the connection.

I'll give you an excellent example of hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be when the liberal head of the ways and means committee (Rangle) or the Democratic Senate Majority leader (Daschle) advocate oppressive tax rates and cheat on their taxes and you liberal idiots are silent. THAT is hypocrisy.

How to Join AFTRA | eHow.com

To get a job that is controlled by unions you must join that union.

Moonbat Definition of Substandard: Whatever they are now being paid.

Public Employee Unions will always claim that they are being underpaid because the only two purposes they serve are: (1.) GET MORE from the taxpayers, so that they can (2.) funnel campaign donations to the Democrats, so that they can do (1.) again and so on.

The WI fracas is due to public employee unions bleeding out taxpayers. Unions for businesses and professions are not in the same category - The MAN is not the taxpayer for these.

Once again, an EPIC FAIL of what TMN substitutes for logic in her quest for guilt by misuse of language.

I could easily find thousands of posts on this board where wingnuts have routinely stated that the "outrageous" pensions and benefits of ALL unions - public and private - are destroying the nations economy.

Can you please post public statements from rightwing union members like Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Ronald Reagan demanding that their respective unions slash the pensions and benefits these fine gentleman received as a result of their union membership?

Someone may have an opinion that unions are overpaid without thinking the union doesn't have the right to collective bargaining.

However, in the case of much of the ire against private sector unions, that is due to the fact that TAXPAYERS ARE BAILING THEM OUT. That is why the government took over GM.

I hear that you have two homes one is on the beach. Is this true?
and i bet she claims the repairs on both of them as tax deductions
:eusa_whistle:

no doubt she's rich and enjoys plenty of loopholes.

How does telling people the minimum requirements to try to join the union prove they are not required to join the union if they are a regular entertainer?

Who forces anyone to join?

I looked it up. Technically you are only required to join a union if you don't work in a right to work state. However, working in a right to work state and not joining the union is obviously not feasible. The union also boycotts anyone who hires non-union workers, so no major studio or entertainment hirer can practically hire non-union members anyway.

That clarifies the rules, but the bottom line is still if you don't join the union, you are silenced. So to have a voice they join. And BTW, numerous regular guests who are not hosts are contacted by the union once they reach even a few appearances and are threatened with being black balled.

The bottom line is just to read the list of names you know they didn't join unless they didn't have a choice. I pay taxes and I slam the IRS. Does that make me a hypocrite? Of course not, I want to abolish the IRS, I don't want to go to jail. So I pay and I slam. Those people would never join a union by choice. The hypocrisy accusation is just another lie in normal operating procedure for the left. Liberalism cannot be defended logically because it's illogical and contradicted by all empirical evidence. So these lame ad hominem attacks are all that you have. When you have only a hammer in your tool belt, everything looks like a nail..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back