Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are Union members

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Confirmed: Union-Bashing Right-Wing Media Stars Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly Are AFL-CIO Union-Affiliated Members | | AlterNet

report voted to the front page of Reddit Friday claimed that Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly were union members, as well as Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter. Right-wing blogger Michelle Malkin called it the "stupid lie of the week," insisting that neither she nor the "other Fox News personalities being accused of 'hypocrisy' belong to the union." As one might expect, Malkin didn't know what she was talking about and the liberals were right (she herself, as just a frequent guest on the network, is not a member of the union).

A representative from Beck's camp denied the claim, but a source within AFTRA confirmed to AlterNet Friday that O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity were indeed union members.

Last edited:
  • Banned
In the same segment where O'Reilly blamed government financial woes on union benefits, he not only said he was an AFTRA member, but that his membership had benefited him in the past. "On a personal note, I'm a member of a union, AFTRA, and when I was working at 'Inside Edition' some years ago, the King World company tried to renege on pension benefits," said O'Reilly. "AFTRA took them to court and the case was settled. If the shop had been non-union, we might have been stiffed."

Look for the union label......when you are listening to right wing....hate speech

In the same segment where O'Reilly blamed government financial woes on union benefits, he not only said he was an AFTRA member, but that his membership had benefited him in the past. "On a personal note, I'm a member of a union, AFTRA, and when I was working at 'Inside Edition' some years ago, the King World company tried to renege on pension benefits," said O'Reilly. "AFTRA took them to court and the case was settled. If the shop had been non-union, we might have been stiffed."

Is he a PRIVATE sector union member or a PUBLIC sector union member?

When they're paid with taxpayers money, then it's our business. They aren't. It isn't. I have no real issue with private sector unions. It's the bastards sucking the taxpayer dry that's the problem. Public sector employees are paid for by us, we pay for their greed.

*I'm not saying that all public sector people are greedy - but their unions are destroying the country.*

MMMm it seems to me I have heard all my life that republicans hate all unions.

What happened to you guys?

Im sure they wouldnt be members if they had a choice. I have a feeling that union doesnt do them much good.

Im sure they wouldnt be members if they had a choice. I have a feeling that union doesnt do them much good.

I guess you missed this part

Touche. Still a private union though. I dont have an issue with private unions. Though Id never want to be in one. And they UAW was part of the reason the automotive industry tanked. The private union still has a vested interest in the corporation succeeding. The public union only has interest in themselves.

Touche. Still a private union though. I dont have an issue with private unions. Though Id never want to be in one. And they UAW was part of the reason the automotive industry tanked. The private union still has a vested interest in the corporation succeeding. The public union only has interest in themselves.

The auto industry tanked because the auto companies fucked up big time, not because of the unions. They weren't tanked bad enough not to pay huge bonuses to the top dogs in the company.

so how many on the right are willing to say they like unions?

Confirmed: Union-Bashing Right-Wing Media Stars Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly Are AFL-CIO Union-Affiliated Members | | AlterNet

report voted to the front page of Reddit Friday claimed that Hannity, Limbaugh and O'Reilly were union members, as well as Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter. Right-wing blogger Michelle Malkin called it the "stupid lie of the week," insisting that neither she nor the "other Fox News personalities being accused of 'hypocrisy' belong to the union." As one might expect, Malkin didn't know what she was talking about and the liberals were right (she herself, as just a frequent guest on the network, is not a member of the union).

A representative from Beck's camp denied the claim, but a source within AFTRA confirmed to AlterNet Friday that O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity were indeed union members.

I hear that you have two homes one is on the beach. Is this true?

When they're paid with taxpayers money, then it's our business. They aren't. It isn't. I have no real issue with private sector unions. It's the bastards sucking the taxpayer dry that's the problem. Public sector employees are paid for by us, we pay for their greed.

*I'm not saying that all public sector people are greedy - but their unions are destroying the country.*

But paying for the greed of corporations is fine?

Forum List

Back