Handy Map of how Counties Voted

White knight said:
Someone noted that Kerry won in Cities, and Bush won the rural bible belt areas. They sited that the city contained the more educated and that the rural bumpkins voted on emotions and moral issues.
I see that Bush did well in the wealthy districts as well.

I would like to see a brake down, by the Census data to know the truth, if any to this speculation.

That is always crap, those cities need far more people to run their gas stations, drive cabs, wash toilets, etc. The well educated are not usually the ones to do that. However in order to run a farm you almost always get a college education, and for a ranch (animal husbandry) the same. They may speak with accents, and they may sound irritatingly slow to those from NYC but they are well educated.

Plus, if there ever are schools that are more often than not said to be failing they are almost always inner-city schools.

no1tovote4 said:
That is always crap, those cities need far more people to run their gas stations, drive cabs, wash toilets, etc. The well educated are not usually the ones to do that. However in order to run a farm you almost always get a college education, and for a ranch (animal husbandry) the same. They may speak with accents, and they may sound irritatingly slow to those from NYC but they are well educated.

Plus, if there ever are schools that are more often than not said to be failing they are almost always inner-city schools.

I have lived here on the East Coast for several years now, and I spend most of my time in the most populous area (from Boston down to DC), and I find the majority of people I deal with (away from work) to be some of the least intelligent people I've ever been around. I don't lend credence to the flyover country folk being bumpkins, either. That is the biggest reason why the South has trended toward a more Republican vote in the last few elections....they get the fact that the Dems (especially the liberal NE Dems) are condescending, and don't understand THEIR values.

I can't wait to move back to the "purple mountains' majesty" where wildlife outnumbers humans! Anyone got any job openings in CO? (the move is probably going to happen this spring....and I don't need a job, either....hell, I may just hire someone who likes to earn their keep!)

Indiana has only 3 little blue blobs. You can always count on this state to be conservative.

Sorry Seattle, My uncle lives there and I'm sure he was trying to help get some red on the map.

Southern California surprised me. I expected to see more Blue there, Orange County and San Diego are red?

Maybe it's because of the military bases and defense industry there? :dunno:

The fact of the matter is, the liberals just got shown that more of the country is conservative, and going to get even more conservative real soon.

Wake up liberals. Your michael moron, al frankan, jesse jackson, hitlery clinton days are numbered. After four more years of President Bush, there won't be any more need for the democrap party.

Forum List

Back