‘Hair’ and ‘Everwood’ Actor Treat Williams Dead at 71 Following Motorcycle Accident

I liked a lot of his movies in the 90s.

I always think of him as critical bill in the movie things to do in Denver when you're dead. Or in deep rising and the substitute 2.

Wasn't the greatest actor but I liked him.

He was a good actor. I've lost around 10 friends over my lifetime riding motorcycles. One slipup and your dead.

I would suggest that motorcycle riders wear reflective saftey vests when they ride, and I think motorcycles should have strobe lights on the front so they catch the attention of drivers.......a strobe light, even a small one, would attract the attention of drivers........

Maybe in the future with so many cars now having on board computers, they could create a system like they have on aircraft, a warning system that would alert drivers to the presence of motorcycles...........

I liked a lot of his movies in the 90s.

I always think of him as critical bill in the movie things to do in Denver when you're dead. Or in deep rising and the substitute 2.

Wasn't the greatest actor but I liked him.

Yeah....I love the scene where he tells Andy Garcia that he should have known better than to let him be one of the cops.......that was a great scene.....

I would suggest that motorcycle riders wear reflective saftey vests when they ride, and I think motorcycles should have strobe lights on the front so they catch the attention of drivers.......a strobe light, even a small one, would attract the attention of drivers........

Maybe in the future with so many cars now having on board computers, they could create a system like they have on aircraft, a warning system that would alert drivers to the presence of motorcycles...........
This isn't a nanny state

Because of my being such a big fan of Blue Bloods, I have seen all six of his episodes of the show. The last one aired just a month ago and we learned that his character has been diagnosed with Cancer. So, I guess the big question is, will another actor take over the role or will we learn during the next season that his character succumbed to the sickness over the summer?

God bless you and Treat's family always!!!

Holly

Sounds like it may have been the kind of accident that is #1 involving a motorcycle. Driver of a car making a left-hand turn in front of them.

He was a good actor. I've lost around 10 friends over my lifetime riding motorcycles. One slipup and your dead.

I almost died from a similar accident. Hit from behind (by a car) while stopped to make a turn. It's dangerous out there for a rider.

I almost died from a similar accident. Hit from behind (by a car) while stopped to make a turn. It's dangerous out there for a rider.
Yes it is. A friend of mine on his Indian was leaving a truck stop and was waiting on the big rig he was behind to pull out and hit the ramp to get on the interstate when a nut in a Volkswagen Beetle assumed there was nobody behind the tractor trailer tried to pull in before the rig cleared the parking lot exit. He smashed into my buddy Ray and killed him instantly in the parking lot.

Yes it is. A friend of mine on his Indian was leaving a truck stop and was waiting on the big rig he was behind to pull out and hit the ramp to get on the interstate when a nut in a Volkswagen Beetle assumed there was nobody behind the tractor trailer tried to pull in before the rig cleared the parking lot exit. He smashed into my buddy Ray and killed him instantly in the parking lot.
That sucks. Sorry for your bud.
I drove a motorcycle year round as my primary transportation for two years. I never rode on a freeway.
I recently had a freeway roadwork sign flung off the ground into the air like a frisbee by a gust of wind and it damaged the side mirror on my vehicle. The aerodynamics of the windshield fortunately steered it to the side. I immediately realized that had I been on a motorcycle at the time I’d be dead.

That sucks. Sorry for your bud.
I drove a motorcycle year round as my primary transportation for two years. I never rode on a freeway.
I recently had a freeway roadwork sign flung off the ground into the air like a frisbee by a gust of wind and it damaged the side mirror on my vehicle. The aerodynamics of the windshield fortunately steered it to the side. I immediately realized that had I been on a motorcycle at the time I’d be dead.
Yep. It would have sliced you in half or decapitated you. I've had several acquaintances on motorcycles who've hit potholes and lost control wrecking in a ditch. Also over the years at least two of my friends had to have one of their legs amputated below the knee. One hit a guard rail crossing a bridge and the other hit a tree. Both had left a bar drinking.

From the report...

Authorities said that around 4:53 p.m., ''a southbound 2008 Honda Element […] attempted to turn left into a parking lot.''

The initial investigation detailed that the Element ''stopped, signaled a left turn, and then turned into the path of a northbound 1986 Honda VT700c motorcycle operated by Williams.''

Seems like it's always someone elses carelessness that gets people killed or their property destroyed.

Forum List

Back