Are all people in the Tea Party stupid are just the ones they put on TV

In the WI they have had public worker protection on the books since 1905. I'm sure many other States have those same protections.

I doubt they will move backward in the treatment of their public workers just because the Union has lost power.

Hell. The workers may decide that they don't need the Union at all.

Wouldn't that be something??

In a decent economy with low unemployment, yes. But right now an employer can pretty much have the pick of the crop and just say no to what just a few years ago would have been a decent salary.

Not only that Maggie, but you should also take into consideration that most of the GOP types want to get rid of the minimum wage.

What's the minimum wage done for us?

I was on it. When it got raised things were better for ~ 3 months, then it was back to normal.

Yo......Shallow Skeeve..........

You DO realize that unions were created in response to the robber barons and poor working conditions of the mid 1800's to early 1900's.

But.........sure.........get rid of the unions. That is......if you're fond of child labor, no overtime, no vacations and only 1 day off per week with virtually zero safety regulations.

While I don't for a moment believe working conditions will get that bad, I do see no more oversight on working conditions if management no longer has nothing to fear. So the worker can't make a report on conditions? or see a lawyer if nothing is done? Wages in general will start to decrease not union wages. And if they did, more people would be able to afford what they build as the cost will come down. (they've already stayed level for over a decade), and thousands MORE who have become accustomed to X amount in their paychecks will see their salaries decrease to the point more foreclosures will occur,now you are making crap upl more people turning to the federal government for help from existing social umbrellas, that happens now. and somebody will have to pay for all that. The big picture doesn't ever seem to be a consideration when Republicans start slicing and dicing. Repercussions can be a bitch.

We are being dragged into a deeper and deeper hole. Increasing spending is beyond dumb. Increasing union pay at the expence of the strapped tax payer is cruel, and will force them, but not the unions, to turn to the Fed for more money, which will increase the debt, lowering the value of the dollar, forcing more people to turn to the Fed, while unions demand more pay. Keep doing what we are doing and we will keep getting what we are getting.

Talk about being short sighted....

No, short sighted is being in favor of extending the Bush Jr. tax cuts for the wealthy, especially when we've seen what it did to this country for the past 10 years.

You know.......if you reduce your income, you have less to spend. Keeping the tax cuts for the top 2 percent and making the lower 50 percent pay for it is worse than short sighted.

It's insane.

Do you really believe we don't know what Walker actually said? :doubt:

It's right over there in the sidebar from MSNBC ---------------------------->

At that point, Murphy posing as Koch says: “I tell you what Scott. Once you crush these bastards, I’ll fly you out to Cali and really show you a good time.”

“Allright, that would be outstanding," Walker replies. "Thanks for all the support and help ... moving the ball forward and we appreciate it. … We’re doing the just and right thing for the right reasons. Its all about getting our freedom back."

Murphy/Koch: “Absolutely, and you know, we have a little bit of vested interest as well” (he then laughs).

Walker: “That’s just it. The bottom line is were going to get the world moving here because it’s the right thing to do…Thanks a million.”

That couldn't have gone more wrong for the leftist, who's lines are in red.

Not even a good try.

Way to go! You have revealed Republican's true objective...to do the right thing for the right reasons.

I don't see the transcript on MSNBC. In fact, I can't find a transcript anywhere. I was looking for the word he used to describe Mika Brzezinski since it's bleeped on the videos. I'm guessing "some piece of ass." Nice. What was Mrs. Walker's reaction, I wonder. :lol:

Murphy the liberal said that, not Walker.

Murphy said she was "a real piece of
th6189d1159476000-i-have-turd-smiley-1.gif
".

Read the transcript Biker posted, Walker comes off well, that's why the transcript isn't everywhere.

The Liberals hope that folks will confuse who said what.

In the WI they have had public worker protection on the books since 1905. I'm sure many other States have those same protections.

I doubt they will move backward in the treatment of their public workers just because the Union has lost power.

Hell. The workers may decide that they don't need the Union at all.

Wouldn't that be something??

You mean like the people that work hard get raises and the losers get fired?

OH NOSE! We can't have that!!

Or people that need health insurance bargin with thier employer and the people that don't bargin for getting more pay instead?

DEAR GAWD!! The Horror!

And * and* gasp* choke* People get promoted based on skills instead of seniority?

ohhhh, ima gunna be siiicciiee. I need a week of paid just to recover.

And the ignorance continues day in and day out. Union membership represents less than 7% of the entire workforce, leaving 93% who DO try to bargain for the best they can get. Again, you people sound like you don't have a clue, believing that every working individual has a thug at his side negotiating his job perks.

Yo......Shallow Skeeve..........

You DO realize that unions were created in response to the robber barons and poor working conditions of the mid 1800's to early 1900's.

But.........sure.........get rid of the unions. That is......if you're fond of child labor, no overtime, no vacations and only 1 day off per week with virtually zero safety regulations.

While I don't for a moment believe working conditions will get that bad, I do see no more oversight on working conditions if management no longer has nothing to fear. So the worker can't make a report on conditions? or see a lawyer if nothing is done? Wages in general will start to decrease not union wages. And if they did, more people would be able to afford what they build as the cost will come down. (they've already stayed level for over a decade), and thousands MORE who have become accustomed to X amount in their paychecks will see their salaries decrease to the point more foreclosures will occur,now you are making crap upl more people turning to the federal government for help from existing social umbrellas, that happens now. and somebody will have to pay for all that. The big picture doesn't ever seem to be a consideration when Republicans start slicing and dicing. Repercussions can be a bitch.

We are being dragged into a deeper and deeper hole. Increasing spending is beyond dumb. Increasing union pay at the expence of the strapped tax payer is cruel, and will force them, but not the unions, to turn to the Fed for more money, which will increase the debt, lowering the value of the dollar, forcing more people to turn to the Fed, while unions demand more pay. Keep doing what we are doing and we will keep getting what we are getting.

Now who's making crap up? :lol:

What part of MORE people will be...turning to government umbrellas didn't you understand?

Who's talking about INCREASING union pay? When have your taxes gone up (or is it even threatened) because of union wages? Are you talking about overall spending or union busting? Union contracts for state employees are negotiated with state labor officials. If your state taxes are going up, then take your complaints to your state representatives who apparently don't always know how to negotiate union contracts. (You'd think by now, everyone would. Unions ALWAYS will fatten up the opening bid, knowing it will come down to something livable eventually.)

No, short sighted is being in favor of extending the Bush Jr. tax cuts for the wealthy, especially when we've seen what it did to this country for the past 10 years.

You know.......if you reduce your income, you have less to spend. Keeping the tax cuts for the top 2 percent and making the lower 50 percent pay for it is worse than short sighted.

It's insane.

The tax deal at the midnight hour was the ONLY way to guarantee that the lesser classes got to keep their tax reductions too because the cuts for everyone were set to expire on December 31st. The Republicans would have filibustered right up until the end. Think of it as cutting off some fingers to save the rest of the hand. Plus, Obama got some sweet asides along with it, so it wasn't all bad.

Last edited:
The guy that started this is mentally deficient. At one time union did serve a purpose but know the purpose is still us against them. Don't they get it. Name one company that the unions have started and one job that they have created. Ever had the windows shot out of your house, my family has and they said that we couldn't prove it was the union but by some silly coincident it did happen during the union campaign, which they lost by the way. Fair treatment of workers is an absolute must and if you find a company that is not doing it, look for a job somewhere else.

Do you really believe we don't know what Walker actually said? :doubt:

It's right over there in the sidebar from MSNBC ---------------------------->

At that point, Murphy posing as Koch says: “I tell you what Scott. Once you crush these bastards, I’ll fly you out to Cali and really show you a good time.”

“Allright, that would be outstanding," Walker replies. "Thanks for all the support and help ... moving the ball forward and we appreciate it. … We’re doing the just and right thing for the right reasons. Its all about getting our freedom back."

Murphy/Koch: “Absolutely, and you know, we have a little bit of vested interest as well” (he then laughs).

Walker: “That’s just it. The bottom line is were going to get the world moving here because it’s the right thing to do…Thanks a million.”

That couldn't have gone more wrong for the leftist, who's lines are in red.

Not even a good try.

Way to go! You have revealed Republican's true objective...to do the right thing for the right reasons.

I don't see the transcript on MSNBC. In fact, I can't find a transcript anywhere. I was looking for the word he used to describe Mika Brzezinski since it's bleeped on the videos. I'm guessing "some piece of ass." Nice. What was Mrs. Walker's reaction, I wonder. :lol:

Murphy the liberal said that, not Walker.

Murphy said she was "a real piece of
th6189d1159476000-i-have-turd-smiley-1.gif
".

Read the transcript Biker posted, Walker comes off well, that's why the transcript isn't everywhere.

The Liberals hope that folks will confuse who said what.

I haven't had time to read it yet. Stay tuned.

It's insane.

That's dimwitted at best.

The government doesn't need more money to spend, they need to spend less. by taking more, WE all have less and the government just wastes it.

4th fucking thread on this topic. Is nobody capable of using a simple 'search' function?

It's no wonder we elect idiots.

Actually, this is about the twentieth thread on this topic

But who the hell is counting and who the hell cares?

We are being dragged into a deeper and deeper hole. Increasing spending is beyond dumb. Increasing union pay at the expence of the strapped tax payer is cruel, and will force them, but not the unions, to turn to the Fed for more money, which will increase the debt, lowering the value of the dollar, forcing more people to turn to the Fed, while unions demand more pay. Keep doing what we are doing and we will keep getting what we are getting...

Let's stuff that crap back up Two Thumbs crap hole.

The three states with lowest deficits have teachers' unions.

The four states with the highest deficits have non teacher unions.

Anybody can look this up.

We are being dragged into a deeper and deeper hole. Increasing spending is beyond dumb. Increasing union pay at the expence of the strapped tax payer is cruel, and will force them, but not the unions, to turn to the Fed for more money, which will increase the debt, lowering the value of the dollar, forcing more people to turn to the Fed, while unions demand more pay. Keep doing what we are doing and we will keep getting what we are getting...

then you should have some links to back that up
yet you didnt post any

As expected, even though it apparently the fourth thread on this subject, the tounge tied righties have no coherent reply, just obfuscation.

That'll be because we're already said it, you moronic half wit. Why are we supposed to repeat ourselves just because you're too fucking stupid to use the 'search' function?

You have my sympathy, terminal stupidity is painful - so I understand.

A quick search in Active Topics, and I didn't see any others. Lots of stuff like this gets merged eventually anyway. Just because Governor Walker blew his image of the second coming of Ronald Reagan doesn't mean you need to get all huffy. Someone else more pure will come along, trust me. :eusa_eh:

I do wonder, though, when these politicians are going to GET IT that everything transmitted these days can be retrieved and used against them.

'Search' not 'active topics'..... there is a 'search' button. If one uses that, one will find out whether the subject is already being discussed. Not rocket science, and not 'huffy'. I just don't understand why people cannot use a simple function to ensure they don't start a thread that's already going.... particularly when they then fantasize that 'the right' don't respond because we're scared.... bored, maybe.... scared.... not during this lifetime.

yet you didnt post any

Please...

It's Jokey... He never backs his shit up...

He'll now claim a.) you are lying and b.) that he pwns you daily...

yet you didnt post any

Please...

It's Jokey... He never backs his shit up...

He'll now claim a.) you are lying and b.) that he pwns you daily...
of course
then he will dance around like a retard and claim victory

The problems is that the liberal media of course likes to focus on those idiots that happen to go to Tea Party rallies. Some of them are probably plants from liberal groups intended to smear, others are probably just dumb at baseline. I am sure there are some liberals that you don't like or think are stupid (I hope). Why would the media want to portray the Tea Party for the group of intelligent, educated, and peaceful people that most are? They don't want the country to know that. So far they have done a pretty decent job with the smear campaign, I must admit.

VictorLee, I agree. Both conservative and liberal media play up their pet issues. Stupid people, some of them plants from the other side, I am sure, go to each side's rallies. Many in the Tea Party are undoubtedly "intelligent, educated, and peaceful people" as are many of the right, the center, and the left. However, if we are being honest, the left is far less adept at smearing their opponents in these days than they were in the 1960s. The far right today is much better at smearing than they were in the sixties, when they lost the culture war. That's all this is: a new fight over their loss in the sixties. They will lose again: numbers, age, and color are against them.

Palin started the trend of unprepared inept wannabe politicians jumping in front of a TV camera only to make a total ass of themselves and destroying any chance they ever had of gaining any office with the power to make real change. Then came the lovable and laughable Christine O’Donnell, and now Michele Bachmann. Tea Partiers, What’s up with that?
I'm sure Christine, Sarah and Michelle have bright futures. Just look how far "Slow Joe" Biden has come with his limited intelligence value.

come on now you can do better than that they are just as bad as we are stuff.
No he can't.
no.gif

Palin started the trend of unprepared inept wannabe politicians jumping in front of a TV camera only to make a total ass of themselves and destroying any chance they ever had of gaining any office with the power to make real change. Then came the lovable and laughable Christine O’Donnell, and now Michele Bachmann. Tea Partiers, What’s up with that?

All of them. They all want (and believe) simple solutions to complex problems will solve any problems facing America today. Of course the simple solutions require someone else to sacrifice, not them.
If they were 5 years old we would smile and call them magical thinkers.

Forum List

Back