Guns are not the cause of gun violence...prosecutors and judges who release gun criminals are...

Lesse...
15 guns, 10 locked up in a safe, 5 not.
The guns locked up in a safe have caused exactly the same amount of violence than the 5 not locked up..
What am I doing wrong?

Unless of course one of the guns goes missing. Which do you think is most likely to go missing,the one in the safe or the one not?

Like 232,000 guns stolen each year.

So. Criminals steal.....I know.....let's make a law that says it is against the law to steal things from other people...

There you go...see...I can think like a lefty gun grabber too....I solved the problem of stealing by making a law......

Here you have a case of a guy who used a gun to commit a crime.....and he was released back into the public....and then murdered a police officer with an illegal gun....how do we know it was illegal....he is a convicted felon, and the mere possession of a gun is illegal for him.....

The problem in this country isn't law abiding citizens owning or carrying guns for self defense. No, the problem is that prosecutors, and judges for some odd reason do not take gun crimes seriously....while at the same time their political masters bitch and moan about gun crime and then call for more gun control on people who don't use guns to commit crime.

There is a city in California, Richmond......they determined that 17 criminals were responsible for 76% of all the gun crime in their city.....and odds are these guys have long arrest records.

If you want to stop gun violence...treat actual criminals, who use guns to commit crime seriously......

If you are a convicted criminal, and use a gun to commit a crime, you should recieve a life sentence......and I am not talking about arresting John Q. Citizen who leaves a gun in his car in the wrong state...I am talking about career criminals who have long histories of crime who get caught with guns...should be locked up for life...

Because this guy...had he been locked up for life for the armed robbery...where he was sentenced to 10 years but was early released....he would not have been able to murder this police officer......

Authorities identify suspect wanted in fatal shooting of Memphis police officer during traffic stop Fox News

The alleged gunman who shot and killed a Memphis police officer during a traffic stop was free on supervised release stemming from a bank robbery conviction, FOX13 reported.

Tremaine Wilbourn, 29, was sentenced to 121 months in prison in February for the robbery. But Wilbourn, who had also been arrested in 2014 on a charge of aggravated robbery, paid a fine and agreed to mental health treatment on July 7.

Less than a month later, a warrant for first-degree murder has been issued for Wilbourn.

Apparently, career criminals who use guns to commit crimes are like pedophiles.....they can never be cured, and can never be trusted to not use guns again...so they must be locked up for the rest of their lives.....let that get around in these gang infested, inner city democrat controlled cities and see if that keeps the gun murder rate down...

If a felon is caught in the mere possession of a gun....they too should be sentenced to life in prison.........that is how you stop gun crime...

Not by making a normal, law abiding citizen get a license for a gun.....

SECOND LARGEST PER CAPITA PRISON POPULATION IN THE WORLD, and the problem is that not enough people are in prison?

Louisiana has the HIGHEST prison population in the US and Louisiana is not one of the safer states either.

So, on the international level you're talking rubbish, on the US level you're talking rubbish.

You keep peddling the same rubbish, anyone who tells you that you're wrong you insult and ignore. What is your agenda I wonder.....

The problem is they are not keeping gun criminals locked up....I have shown the links where career criminals serve little time for gun crime, get out and kill people with guns........

What is your solution for violent sociopaths....just let them wander around free...?

How is it we have the fullest jails in the world and not the lowest crime rates? Something tells me there is more to the answer.

Here you have a case of a guy who used a gun to commit a crime.....and he was released back into the public....and then murdered a police officer with an illegal gun....how do we know it was illegal....he is a convicted felon, and the mere possession of a gun is illegal for him.....

The problem in this country isn't law abiding citizens owning or carrying guns for self defense. No, the problem is that prosecutors, and judges for some odd reason do not take gun crimes seriously....while at the same time their political masters bitch and moan about gun crime and then call for more gun control on people who don't use guns to commit crime.

There is a city in California, Richmond......they determined that 17 criminals were responsible for 76% of all the gun crime in their city.....and odds are these guys have long arrest records.

If you want to stop gun violence...treat actual criminals, who use guns to commit crime seriously......

If you are a convicted criminal, and use a gun to commit a crime, you should recieve a life sentence......and I am not talking about arresting John Q. Citizen who leaves a gun in his car in the wrong state...I am talking about career criminals who have long histories of crime who get caught with guns...should be locked up for life...

Because this guy...had he been locked up for life for the armed robbery...where he was sentenced to 10 years but was early released....he would not have been able to murder this police officer......

Authorities identify suspect wanted in fatal shooting of Memphis police officer during traffic stop Fox News

The alleged gunman who shot and killed a Memphis police officer during a traffic stop was free on supervised release stemming from a bank robbery conviction, FOX13 reported.

Tremaine Wilbourn, 29, was sentenced to 121 months in prison in February for the robbery. But Wilbourn, who had also been arrested in 2014 on a charge of aggravated robbery, paid a fine and agreed to mental health treatment on July 7.

Less than a month later, a warrant for first-degree murder has been issued for Wilbourn.

Apparently, career criminals who use guns to commit crimes are like pedophiles.....they can never be cured, and can never be trusted to not use guns again...so they must be locked up for the rest of their lives.....let that get around in these gang infested, inner city democrat controlled cities and see if that keeps the gun murder rate down...

If a felon is caught in the mere possession of a gun....they too should be sentenced to life in prison.........that is how you stop gun crime...

SECOND LARGEST PER CAPITA PRISON POPULATION IN THE WORLD, and the problem is that not enough people are in prison?

Louisiana has the HIGHEST prison population in the US and Louisiana is not one of the safer states either.

So, on the international level you're talking rubbish, on the US level you're talking rubbish.

You keep peddling the same rubbish, anyone who tells you that you're wrong you insult and ignore. What is your agenda I wonder.....

The problem is they are not keeping gun criminals locked up....I have shown the links where career criminals serve little time for gun crime, get out and kill people with guns........

What is your solution for violent sociopaths....just let them wander around free...?

How is it we have the fullest jails in the world and not the lowest crime rates? Something tells me there is more to the answer.

Yeah....probably, but letting out the violent sociopaths is not the answer.....

Lesse...
The guns locked up in a safe have caused exactly the same amount of violence than the 5 not locked up..
What am I doing wrong?

Unless of course one of the guns goes missing. Which do you think is most likely to go missing,the one in the safe or the one not?

You know brain you always post that. You realize that Switzerland....just about every home has a select fire, military grade rifle in it..........and yet they aren't stolen as often...right? Perhaps we need to import Swiss criminals, they don't seem to steal guns like our criminals do.......

Criminal culture, not guns, is the problem........

Lesse...
What am I doing wrong?

You know brain you always post that. You realize that Switzerland....just about every home has a select fire, military grade rifle in it..........and yet they aren't stolen as often...right? Perhaps we need to import Swiss criminals, they don't seem to steal guns like our criminals do.......

How many guns are stolen in Switzerland each year?

Lesse...
What am I doing wrong?

Well....they have select fire military weapons in most homes? So if they aren't being stolen, it is a difference in criminal culture...right? Nothing to do with guns.........

Lesse...
What am I doing wrong?

Well....they have select fire military weapons in most homes? So if they aren't being stolen, it is a difference in criminal culture...right? Nothing to do with guns.........

I don't know that they aren't.

The biggest problem is you can't explain why the US has more people locked up AND more murderers and still a high level of crime.

You're claiming that locking people up works. But it's not working, is it?

We've already been through the differences between other first world countries and you'll still ignore the reality that the US has higher crime and murder rates because the govt doesn't do anything to stop this. Education for some is poor. Opportunities for some is poor. Help for single parents is non-existent. On top of this guns join the other failures and make things even worse.

Bringing out Switzerland without understanding the country.

Switzerland has less criminals because their govt acts sensibly, and their people don't spend their whole time slagging off the other party without ever thinking.

You talk about crime culture. How would change crime culture if you were in charge? Lock up MORE people?

The biggest problem is you can't explain why the US has more people locked up AND more murderers and still a high level of crime.

You're claiming that locking people up works. But it's not working, is it?

We've already been through the differences between other first world countries and you'll still ignore the reality that the US has higher crime and murder rates because the govt doesn't do anything to stop this. Education for some is poor. Opportunities for some is poor. Help for single parents is non-existent. On top of this guns join the other failures and make things even worse.

You are seeing how it happens in real time....watch Europe...they are doing everything they can to increase their crime rates....look at the port of Calais.....watch them...see how it happens...

Switzerland has less criminals because their govt acts sensibly, and their people don't spend their whole time slagging off the other party without ever thinking.

You talk about crime culture. How would change crime culture if you were in charge? Lock up MORE people?

I would vote out democrats...give the Americans vouchers for education...focus jails and prisons on locking up violent gun criminals for long periods of time, instead of letting them out, which is what causes our current gun murder and violence problem...I would look at decriminalizing drug crimes....but would have to look at it more deeply........and get rid of gun free zones......that would be where I would start...

Guns are the tools and those holding them are the weapons.

Get rid of the weapons and the tool is an inanimate object.

Yeah...here is an in depth look at Swiss culture and their guns....

http://www.guncite.com/swissgun-kopel.html

Swiss military ammo must be registered if bought at a private store, but need not be registered if bought at a range The nation's 3,000 shooting ranges sell the overwhelming majority of ammunition. Technically, ammunition bought at the range must be used at the range, but the rule is barely known and almost never obeyed.

The army sells a variety of machine guns, submachine guns, anti-tank weapons, anti-aircraft guns, howitzers and cannons. Purchasers of these weapons require an easily obtained cantonal license, and the weapons are registered, In a nation of six million people, there are at least two million guns, including 600,00 fully automatic assault rifles, half a million pistols, and numerous machine guns. Virtually every home has a gun.

Besides subsidised military surplus, the Swiss can buy other firearms easily too. While long guns require no special purchase procedures, handguns are sold only to those with a Waffenerwerbsschien (purchase certificate) issued by a cantonal authority. A certificate is issued to every applicant over 18 who is not a criminal or mentally infirm.

and more on Switzerland and Sweden...

Whatever the effect of Swiss guns abroad, they are not even a trivial crime problem domestically. Despite all the guns, the murder rate is a small fraction of the American rate, and is less than the rate in Canada or England, which strictly control guns, or in Japan, which virtually prohibits them. The gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept.

The suicide rate, though, is almost double the American rate. Guns are used in about one-fifth of all Swiss suicides compared to three-fifths of American and one-third of Canadian suicides.

It is not Switzerland's cultural makeup, or its gun policies per se, that explain that low crime rate. Rather, it is the emphasis on community duty, of which gun ownership is the most important part, that best explains low crime rate.

In Cities With Little Crime, author Marshall Clinard contrasts the low crime rate in Switzerland with the higher rate in Sweden, where gun control is more extensive. The higher Swedish rate is all the more surprising in view of Sweden's much lower population density and its ethnic homogeneity. One of the reasons for the low crime rate, says Clinard, is that Swiss cities grew relatively slowly. Most families live for generations in the same area. Therefore, large, heterogeneous cities with slum cultures never developed.

Proud to have the weakest central government in the West, Switzerlan is governed mainly by its 3,095 Einwohrnergemeinde (communes, sub-states of a canton). Several cantons still make their laws by the traditional Landsgemeinden system, whereby all eligible voters assemble in annual outdoor meetings.

Unlike the rest of Europe, the police force is decentralised. Judges and jurors are popularly elected. With less mobility, and more deeply developed community ties, there is less crime.

Most democratic nations impose long prison terms more frequently than does America, but Switzerland does not. For all crimes except murder, the Swiss rarely inflict a prison term of more than a year; most serious offenders receive suspended sentences. As in Japan, the focus of the criminal justice system is on the reintegration of the offender into the community, rather than punishment.

They are also a very rich country.

You are seeing how it happens in real time....watch Europe...they are doing everything they can to increase their crime rates....look at the port of Calais.....watch them...see how it happens...

So.... who has higher crime rates?

Crime-statistics-graphic-007.jpg

Not in the UK they're not.

hate-crimes-france.png

Nor in France.

eurostatgermany.png

Nor in Germany

So WHERE EXACTLY are crimes rising?

I would vote out democrats...give the Americans vouchers for education...focus jails and prisons on locking up violent gun criminals for long periods of time, instead of letting them out, which is what causes our current gun murder and violence problem...I would look at decriminalizing drug crimes....but would have to look at it more deeply........and get rid of gun free zones......that would be where I would start...

So you'd have worse education, higher crime, pay more for people in prison rather than working and paying taxes and all that stuff.

You really haven't learnt a thing from being on here have you?

Did you see the part about Louisiana being high prison population, high crime state? Did you not figure out that it doesn't work?

Also, vouchers do nothing for education other than take money OUT of the system and give it to rich people.

Yeah...here is an in depth look at Swiss culture and their guns....

http://www.guncite.com/swissgun-kopel.html

Swiss military ammo must be registered if bought at a private store, but need not be registered if bought at a range The nation's 3,000 shooting ranges sell the overwhelming majority of ammunition. Technically, ammunition bought at the range must be used at the range, but the rule is barely known and almost never obeyed.

The army sells a variety of machine guns, submachine guns, anti-tank weapons, anti-aircraft guns, howitzers and cannons. Purchasers of these weapons require an easily obtained cantonal license, and the weapons are registered, In a nation of six million people, there are at least two million guns, including 600,00 fully automatic assault rifles, half a million pistols, and numerous machine guns. Virtually every home has a gun.

Besides subsidised military surplus, the Swiss can buy other firearms easily too. While long guns require no special purchase procedures, handguns are sold only to those with a Waffenerwerbsschien (purchase certificate) issued by a cantonal authority. A certificate is issued to every applicant over 18 who is not a criminal or mentally infirm.

Bloody hell, you're quoting guncite. That doesn't mean you understand a single thing about the country. Sorry, but biased webpages don't get you anywhere.

Forum List

Back