Guns are not the cause of gun violence...prosecutors and judges who release gun criminals are...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here you have a case of a guy who used a gun to commit a crime.....and he was released back into the public....and then murdered a police officer with an illegal gun....how do we know it was illegal....he is a convicted felon, and the mere possession of a gun is illegal for him.....

The problem in this country isn't law abiding citizens owning or carrying guns for self defense. No, the problem is that prosecutors, and judges for some odd reason do not take gun crimes seriously....while at the same time their political masters bitch and moan about gun crime and then call for more gun control on people who don't use guns to commit crime.

There is a city in California, Richmond......they determined that 17 criminals were responsible for 76% of all the gun crime in their city.....and odds are these guys have long arrest records.

If you want to stop gun violence...treat actual criminals, who use guns to commit crime seriously......

If you are a convicted criminal, and use a gun to commit a crime, you should recieve a life sentence......and I am not talking about arresting John Q. Citizen who leaves a gun in his car in the wrong state...I am talking about career criminals who have long histories of crime who get caught with guns...should be locked up for life...

Because this guy...had he been locked up for life for the armed robbery...where he was sentenced to 10 years but was early released....he would not have been able to murder this police officer......

Authorities identify suspect wanted in fatal shooting of Memphis police officer during traffic stop Fox News

The alleged gunman who shot and killed a Memphis police officer during a traffic stop was free on supervised release stemming from a bank robbery conviction, FOX13 reported.

Tremaine Wilbourn, 29, was sentenced to 121 months in prison in February for the robbery. But Wilbourn, who had also been arrested in 2014 on a charge of aggravated robbery, paid a fine and agreed to mental health treatment on July 7.

Less than a month later, a warrant for first-degree murder has been issued for Wilbourn.

Apparently, career criminals who use guns to commit crimes are like pedophiles.....they can never be cured, and can never be trusted to not use guns again...so they must be locked up for the rest of their lives.....let that get around in these gang infested, inner city democrat controlled cities and see if that keeps the gun murder rate down...

If a felon is caught in the mere possession of a gun....they too should be sentenced to life in prison.........that is how you stop gun crime...

Not by making a normal, law abiding citizen get a license for a gun.....

I've always been a big proponent of 25 years no parol if you commit a crime with a gun.
If you discharge it and no one dies you get 50 years no parol.
Kill someone? Get your affairs in order.

I would get on board giving life to a felon committing a crime with a gun, but let's say someone with an ancient non violent felony goes hunting? A prosecutor with an agenda could send a rehabilitated person to prison for life.

I would get on board giving life to a felon committing a crime with a gun, but let's say someone with an ancient non violent felony goes hunting? A prosecutor with an agenda could send a rehabilitated person to prison for life.

Yeah...that is why I mentioned a career criminal with a history of crime vs. some law abiding guy who accidentally leaves his gun in the car.......

I also know what you mean, if we give the gun grabbers even a little bit of wiggle room they will use it to punish normal people who just want to own guns....it would have to be carefully crafted, and I can see non-violent felons not being included......but this guy robbed a bank with a gun.....so he is who I would direct this law at.....

Good point though....

Personally I dont think they should restrict non violent offenders once they've paid their debt to society.
In Texas a felon can own a firearm five years after fulfilling his debt,though only for home protection.

In Louisiana they restore your rights I believe after ten years for non violent offenders.

Personally I dont think they should restrict non violent offenders once they've paid their debt to society.
In Texas a felon can own a firearm five years after fulfilling his debt,though only for home protection.

In Louisiana they restore your rights I believe after ten years for non violent offenders.

Louisiana has more gun murders than any other state.

So?

So?
So that probably isn't a good idea. Unless you are pro gun murder.

I agree to "blame the Judicature" for their lack of judicial activism regarding this matter; and, the matter of better aqueducts and better roads.

There is sufficient Power in any given county to achieve better aqueducts and better roads.

It is also a port city and they imported a lot of criminals from Mexico after Katrina.....and the biggest crime cities in Louisiana...run by democrats for decades, both New Orleans and Baton Rouge...I beleive, they consistently make the top 25 for violence...run by democrat policies on law enforcement and crime...

So?

New Orleans.....run by democrats since 1936....

List of mayors of New Orleans - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Baton Rouge.....democrat mayors since 1953......

It is also a port city and they imported a lot of criminals from Mexico after Katrina.....and the biggest crime cities in Louisiana...run by democrats for decades, both New Orleans and Baton Rouge...I beleive, they consistently make the top 25 for violence...run by democrat policies on law enforcement and crime...

No sane person would model gun laws after Louisiana.

So?

New Orleans.....run by democrats since 1936....

List of mayors of New Orleans - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Wow republicans must be really bad if they can't win a single election in that time.

No....no sane person would model law enforcement, social welfare policies or prosecution of gun crime policies after this democrat city...since you can have law abiding citizens carry guns 24/7....and they won't use them to break the law.....it is the criminals and when gun crime is increasing that means the prosecutors and judges aren't putting them away long enough and the democrats in charge are tying the hands of the police.....just like in Chicago, Baltimore and D.C..........and the other high crime democrat cities.

Brain.....it isn't the law abiding people shooting people...you post is dumb........again, you can have law abiding people in New Orleans, or Baton Rouge carry their guns wherever they want, and no one is going to get shot.......the problem in all of these cities is the criminals, who are not allowed to use guns for any reason....so the gun laws have no effect on them....

You do realize that if you commit a crime with a gun in Louisiana, they can arrest you and put you in jail....and you could license, and register and background check to your hearts content............and that wouldn't change the fact that if you commit a crime you can be put in jail...

Dittos if you are a convicted criminal and just get caught with a gun...you don't need to license people, or register them or limit their magazines, or do a background check to do this...

So gun laws are not the issue and guns are not the issue...

this is the issue.......

Who Kills Who Dies In Baton Rouge The American Conservative

Yesterday the Baton Rouge Advocate published a lengthy analysis of the 2012 murder stats in the city. Take a look at this PDF of one of the inside pages. Last year, 83 people died by homicide in Baton Rouge. Of that number, 87 percent were black, and 87 percent were male. Two-thirds had been in trouble with the law before, and one-third had been in trouble with the law for drugs. The median age of victims: 26.

Of the perpetrators, the median age was 22. Get this: 96 percent of them were black, and 90 percent were male. Almost two-thirds had previous arrests. One out of four had a drug record.

Most of the murders took place in the poorest parts of the city.

What can we learn from these statistics? That murder in Baton Rouge is almost entirely about young black men from the poor part of town killing other young black men from the poor part of town. It’s mostly a matter of thugs killing thugs.

Brain.....it isn't the law abiding people shooting people...you post is dumb........again, you can have law abiding people in New Orleans, or Baton Rouge carry their guns wherever they want, and no one is going to get shot.......the problem in all of these cities is the criminals, who are not allowed to use guns for any reason....so the gun laws have no effect on them....

You do realize that if you commit a crime with a gun in Louisiana, they can arrest you and put you in jail....and you could license, and register and background check to your hearts content............and that wouldn't change the fact that if you commit a crime you can be put in jail...

Dittos if you are a convicted criminal and just get caught with a gun...you don't need to license people, or register them or limit their magazines, or do a background check to do this...

this is the issue.......

I'm not modeling any policies after Louisiana. They have the most gun murders. I have no reason to believe they are doing anything right.

this is the issue.......

I'm not modeling any policies after Louisiana. They have the most gun murders. I have no reason to believe they are doing anything right.

This news video on Baton Rouge gangs covers the reason for the violence..

News2 Investigates Baton Rouge gangs WBRZ News 2 Louisiana Baton Rouge LA

Who'd have thunk....gangs are the huge issue in New Orleans gun crime and violence.....hmmmm....

How America s Murder Capital Is Using Innovation Strategy To Reduce Violent Deaths Co.Exist ideas impact

"The biggest thing that went against common belief is that a lot of our violence was related to groups and gangs," says Charles West, who was appointed by Mayor Mitch Landrieu to lead the New Orleans innovation delivery team. "We were always told that we didn’t have a gang problem. But we had gangs of significant size, and people just weren’t talking about it. More than anything, there wasn’t a specific form of policing strategy for groups and gangs."

Again...you can have armed law abiding citizens carrying guns all day, all night and the murder rate is not going to go up....but allow gangs to run around uncontrolled, and you can have as many gun laws as you want and it won't lower the gun murder rate....except if they run into an armed citizen....

Did New Orleans lower their violence rate buy focusing their effort on law abiding citizens who carry guns...you know....making more laws to control the law abiding, the ones who aren't attacking other citizens or shooting people?

Ummmmmmm....no. What did they do.....they started to prosecute the actual criminals who use guns to commit crimes....

I should have been called in to consult....I could have told them how to fix this problem for half of what they paid these consultants.......

The NOLA for Life initiative took shape, which importantly included a multi-agency gang unit that stepped up prosecution of crime. West says prior to the unit’s formation, there was one gang indictment in the history of Louisiana. Today, there have been nine. "In a very short period of time, that unit got up and started doing something differently."

Forum List

Back