Guns - a list

The gun nuts are out in force.

As long as gun grabbers like you are out we'll stay.

I'm not a gun grabber. I simply believe too many innocent people die every year as a result of gun violence, and, anyone who wants to own, possess, or have in their custody and control a firearm should be properly trained and licensed. That said license should be revocable for cause, and the penalty for an unlicensed person owning or having one in their custody should be severe.

None of that infringes on the right to own and bear arms. Unless you feel that revocation of the license for crimes of violence, drug and alcohol crimes and psychiatric hospitalizations is an infringement.

Do you?

On national television, you can talk about the sordid details of your sex life, the depth of your religious piety or your belief that an organization that no longer exists, Acorn, stole the 2012 presidential election — a fantasy held by half of Republicans. You can call climate change a hoax, you can say the moon landing never happened, you can even praise Alex Rodriguez, though you shouldn’t.

But you cannot talk about the 300 million or more guns circulating in private hands in the United States. The most armed society in the world, ranked first among 179 nations in the rate of gun ownership, had 9,146 gun homicides in 2009. The same year, Canada had 173. But don’t bring that up.

In Florida, it was against the law — until the law was blocked by a federal judge last summer — for hospital doctors to even ask about firearms ownership of victims, even though gunshot wounds account for 1 in 25 emergency room visits.

Conservatives complain about anti-free-speech vigilantes who keep incendiary voices of the right from being heard on college campuses, and they have a valid point. But some of these same First Amendment defenders are the first to smother any talk about the American weapons culture. The gun gag rules.

A gun in the home is 12 times more likely to result in the death of a household member, or a visitor, than an intruder, a 2010 study by the official journal of the Southern Medical Association found.

The Great Gun Gag - NYTimes.com

Your 12 times number is total horse crap. A number made up out of whole cloth with no basis in reality.

That aside let's look at the number shall we?

300,000,000 guns (that are known of, there are many unknown) kill around 15,000 people.
That's murders, cops killing bad guys and good guys killing bad guys.

62,000,000 cars kill over 40,000 per year. That includes 25,000 killed by drunk drivers.

800,000 DOCTORS kill over 100,000 people per year due to malpractice, mis-diagnosis, drug prescription mistakes and simple errors.

So, if we just look at the numbers you're FAR more likely to die at the hands of a doctor than a bad guy with a gun. And, of the 13,000 murders that occur, the vast majority are bad guys killing bad guys in gang related homicides.

I don't like the fact that it's unacceptable to comment on gun culture.

You can comment all you like. Just use accurate statistics. Also look at the bad guys commiting the vast majority of violent crime. 8% of the criminal population commits 80% of the violent crime. Why do you insist on letting them out to commit more crime all the time?

I'm not a gun grabber. I simply believe too many innocent people die every year as a result of gun violence, and, anyone who wants to own, possess, or have in their custody and control a firearm should be properly trained and licensed. That said license should be revocable for cause, and the penalty for an unlicensed person owning or having one in their custody should be severe.

None of that infringes on the right to own and bear arms. Unless you feel that revocation of the license for crimes of violence, drug and alcohol crimes and psychiatric hospitalizations is an infringement.

Do you?

The second you require a license it is no longer a right. The second a license is required, the ability of the government to regulate the cost of the license to a level unatainable by the lower classes is the next step. I guess simple English is not one of your strongpoints...or you really are a gungrabber but don't want to admit it and think everyone is stupid and can't understand what you're saying.

Remember, when guns are outlawed only the RICH will have guns. You want to talk about class warfare, just imagine when the wealthy get to shoot you and you don't get to shoot them back.

Last edited:

Do you?

Many at one time felt race was also a requirement to gun ownership why do you support a racist agenda?

Gas station clerks fatally shoot armed robber « The Chronicle-Telegram - Lorain County's leading news source

December 10th, 2012

CINCINNATI — Authorities in southwest Ohio say two gas station workers pulled guns and fatally shot an armed robber.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports it happened early today at a Sunoco station north of the city.

The workers, who haven’t been identified, said the robber came in at around 12:30 a.m., pointed a gun at them and demanded money.

The clerks told police the suspect — believed to be in his teens — had already come around the counter and taken cash when they fired a handgun and shotgun at him in self-defense.

The names of the clerks haven’t been released. No charges have been filed, but police say their will consult the county prosecutor’s office.

Guns killed Brian Terry, Chris Stevens and those other guys Progressives swept under the rug

Here's what happens when Progressives rule over unarmed citizens

images

CambodianMassGrave.gif

Are those just arm bones, or all the bones?

Exactly my point. You're trying to shut Costas up.

How? I am not calling for a boycott of him, I have written no letters asking for his firing. My position is if he can't defend his position adequately he should shut up ON HIS OWN.

Whats stopping him from telling everyone to flip off?

On national television, you can talk about the sordid details of your sex life, the depth of your religious piety or your belief that an organization that no longer exists, Acorn, stole the 2012 presidential election — a fantasy held by half of Republicans. You can call climate change a hoax, you can say the moon landing never happened, you can even praise Alex Rodriguez, though you shouldn’t.

But you cannot talk about the 300 million or more guns circulating in private hands in the United States. The most armed society in the world, ranked first among 179 nations in the rate of gun ownership, had 9,146 gun homicides in 2009. The same year, Canada had 173. But don’t bring that up.

In Florida, it was against the law — until the law was blocked by a federal judge last summer — for hospital doctors to even ask about firearms ownership of victims, even though gunshot wounds account for 1 in 25 emergency room visits.

Conservatives complain about anti-free-speech vigilantes who keep incendiary voices of the right from being heard on college campuses, and they have a valid point. But some of these same First Amendment defenders are the first to smother any talk about the American weapons culture. The gun gag rules.

A gun in the home is 12 times more likely to result in the death of a household member, or a visitor, than an intruder, a 2010 study by the official journal of the Southern Medical Association found.

The Great Gun Gag - NYTimes.com

First off a fantasy held by more than 50% of democrats is Bush stole 2000 and 2004 elections. Don't bring up the difference in population in Canada and the United States. Not sure how the NY Yankees and judging their players comes into anything.

Also where do you find 4% of all emergency room visits are gunshot wounds?

Ohhhh....wait you are just quoting an article and have no original thought and don't even look into the claims by the real person that wrote the story.

You are just a parrot.

I don't like the fact that it's unacceptable to comment on gun culture.

Who stopped you from commenting,

Look at the flack Bob Costas has gotten for his comment.

Big deal! Look at the flack others get for saying they believe in God, or that Obama wasn't born in the US and on and on. You make a strong comment, with strong opinions and you get strong responses.

Costas got to voice his opinion, why shouldn't others be allowed the same right?

Exactly my point. You're trying to shut Costas up.

How? I am not calling for a boycott of him, I have written no letters asking for his firing. My position is if he can't defend his position adequately he should shut up ON HIS OWN.

Whats stopping him from telling everyone to flip off?

Progressive somehow believe only their free speech is important not those who disagree.

Forum List

Back