"Gun show" "loophole"? Please explain.

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Federal law requiring background checks for firearms purchases apply everywhere in the US.
There is no legal way to avoid the background check specified by that law.

How is there "loophole" in the law?
How is that "loophole" specific to gun shows?

Please try to respond w/o resorting to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

The District of Columbia and 17 states require background checks for some or all private firearm sales but the remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of used firearms between private individuals, whether at gun shows or elsewhere.

The "gun show loophole" refers to private sellers at gun shows not being required to perform a background check on or record the sale of firearms to private buyers. The loophole enables prohibited buyers to use gun shows to purchase weapons without a background check.

The BATFE estimates licensed dealers sell between 50 to 75 percent of the weapons purchased at gun shows leaving 25 to 50 percent of sales requiring no background check.

Federal law requiring background checks for firearms purchases apply everywhere in the US.

Didn't even get past one post without breaking the rules.

The District of Columbia and 17 states require background checks for some or all private firearm sales but the remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of used firearms between private individuals, whether at gun shows or elsewhere.

The "gun show loophole" refers to private sellers at gun shows not being required to perform a background check on or record the sale of firearms to private buyers. The loophole enables prohibited buyers to use gun shows to purchase weapons without a background check.

The BATFE estimates licensed dealers sell between 50 to 75 percent of the weapons purchased at gun shows leaving 25 to 50 percent of sales requiring no background check.
OK... and....
Where is the "loophole" in the federal law that allows you to legally avoid the background checks required by federal law?
How is this"loophole" specific to gun shows?

The loophole is allowing non licensed sellers to sell with no background check. It is not specific to gun shows, but gun shows are one very visible place where a large amount of gun sales are completed with no background checks or records kept as are required by licensed dealers.

I agree in some ways with your point about these private sales.

HOWEVER....why you libs call it the "gun show" loophole is retarded. It's because you just don't like gun shows or people who go.

What you SHOULD call it....is the "GHETTO loop hole". People buy cheap used guns in the ghetto all day every day. It happens 100x more often on ghetto streets than in a gun show tent. And I'd almost guarantee that if you had stats on it....95% of guns bought privately that ended up being used in a crime....we're bought in the ghetto and not a gun show.

So ya know....I may support tightening this loophole a little. ONLY if you libs start calling it the appropriate name....for which most of the problem comes from.....the GHETTO LOOPHOLE.

When 50 year old Willie buys a better hunting rifle from a private seller at a gun show....I bet a few deer are in danger. This happens at gun shows that come to town 2 or 3 times a year.

When 21 year old Jason buys a High Point 9mm pistol from a private seller in a Baltimore....I bet a few people are in danger. This happens every damn day in every city.

The loophole is allowing non licensed sellers to sell with no background check. It is not specific to gun shows, but gun shows are one very visible place where a large amount of gun sales are completed with no background checks or records kept as are required by licensed dealers.

Many deals happen in one place on one day.

However....100x more happen in the ghetto....all day every day

The "ghetto loop hole" pours more private deal guns onto the streets than gun shows ever will. And....to people far more likely to use them wrongfully.

The loophole is allowing non licensed sellers to sell with no background check.
So... there's nothing in the law that allows you to legally circumvent the requirements of the law.
Where's the "loophole" in the law?
It is not specific to gun shows...
As this "loophole" exists for every private sale everywhere in the country, would you say that the "gun show" descriptor is best described as misleading, or dishonest?

Last edited:
So... there's nothing in the law that allows you to legally circumvent the requirements of the law.
Where's the "loophole"?
As this "loophole" exists for every private sale everywhere in the country, would you say that the "gun show" descriptor is best described as misleading, or dishonest?

Yes. I pointed that out to him.

These private sales happen all day every day in the ghetto. Guns get traded and sold there 100x more often than gun shows.

Libs just hate gun shows. They hate everything about them.

They start calling it the "ghetto loophole" and I'll start taking it serious.

Where's the "loophole"?
These private sales happen all day every day in the ghetto. Guns get traded and sold there 100x more often than gun shows.
Exactly correct.

The "ghetto loop hole" pours more private deal guns onto the streets than gun shows ever will. And....to people far more likely to use them wrongfully.

Sure, thugs use the loophole every day. Would you feel better by blaming it on black people? Here's a deal for you. Do away with it, and you can call it anything you want.

Where's the "loophole"?

Ignorant and dumb. I have lots of guns and go to gun shows all the time. I see you are willing to recognize that many people who shouldn't get guns are able to because of that flaw in the law only if you can blame it on black people. OK if that's what it takes.

Where's the "loophole"?

Ignorant and dumb. I have lots of guns and go to gun shows all the time. I see you are willing to recognize that many people who shouldn't get guns are able to because of that flaw in the law only if you can blame it on black people. OK if that's what it takes.

Where's the "loophole"?

Right now in every negro controlled city in every inner city shit hole anyone with a hundred bucks can buy a fucking stolen handgun and get a 'BJ' thrown in by the seller's twelve year old second cousin.

Sure, thugs use the loophole every day. Would you feel better by blaming it on black people? Here's a deal for you. Do away with it, and you can call it anything you want.

Who said anything about black people?

YOU FUCKING RACIST.....so do you assume only black people live in the ghetto? Or that all black people's neighborhoods are shitty ghettos??????

I'll be sure to not what racial bias you showed.

Can't help it:
loophowal99W.jpg

This is dumb.

There is no such "gun show loophole" [that] ...enables prohibited buyers to use gun shows to purchase weapons without a background check.

If you required a background check EVERY SINGLE TIME a gun's possession was transferred for ANY REASON WHAT-SO-EVER,... prohibited buyers would STILL obtain guns without a background check.

Background checks have ZERO effect on preventing prohibited persons from obtaining guns...for OBVIOUS reasons.

The question is, since those reasons are so obvious, what is the REAL REASON for demanding the requirement for universal background checks?

The question is, since those reasons are so obvious, what is the REAL REASON for demanding the requirement for universal background checks?
UBC cannot be enforced w/o universal registration.
That's what they really want,
No one wonders why.
Yeah. I'm just fishing for more of their bullshit rationalizations for UBCs.

Forum List

Back